G27 Settings

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ChrisR, Jun 20, 2012.

1. ChrisR

ChrisR Registered

Hi guys.

Spent a couple hours trying to figure this out and ive even searched for the same problem to no avail.

The issue i have is this

When driving the slower cars its not really noticable because your ..well going slower but when in the 1960's f1 it really shows up.

What it is is like a lag in the wheel, if you can call it that. Basically if you move the wheel at speed its like your moving the car as a whole and not the wheels so when you try to counter steer you end up over correcting and it just gets right out of hand and then you just end up in the bush loosing a wheel.

I tried running a spa race and never completed one lap due to not really trusting the feel of the car.

If anyone has played lfs you can see that your steering wheel controls the wheels and then your car moves accordingly and the controls are pin sharp and you can really feel what the car is going to do and therefore confidence to really get on it.

Am i making this clear? I feel like im blabbing a little. Lol

Is it a setting ive missed or a ffb tweek i havent made, i really like the game but i just cant drive at speed sith any commitment i just feel like im holding on for dear life and trying not to crash. Lol

Im by no means a sim racing newbie, ive played them for years and years.

2. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Turn off steering help. :D

3. ChrisR

ChrisR Registered

Every aid is off.

Maybe im trying to fix something that is hard programmed into the game. I seriously hope its not tho

4. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

It's the car....I feel exactly the same as you do.

5. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Hmm....i thought i had a similar problem to you back when i first bought the game. What would happen in the first 1-2 seconds of jumping onto the grid at the start of a race, the car wheels would turn as expected when turning the steering wheel. Then suddenly they would snap to something less than half the angle i intended. This affected how the car handled in corners and after inspection of the difficulty menu, i found that some aids were enabled. I turned them all off (principally thinking it was due to the "steering help" causing the issue) and the steering issue was fixed.

Could it be the feeling you get from the "exaggerated yaw"?

Could their be a difference between the handling of bias-ply and radial tyres that is causing this experience?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2012
  6. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

I'll never drive a sim car with ABS, Steering, TC....the only concession I make is autoclutch as I have my G27 mounted to my PC desk rather than a sim rig, otherwise I'd certainly give the 6speed a go in some cars.

7. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

I wasn't suggesting that you would or that you do.

My mistake was that i didn't check. I thought perhaps somehow he may have forgotten to check them too (as it sounded like ChrisR had just bought rf2).

8. ChrisR

ChrisR Registered

Your right i did just buy it :)

But the same happens in the megane just not as obvious as your traveling a lot slower. It mostly happens when trying to correct slides, its almost asif the front tyres regain grip too fast, your expenting the car to slide but instead it grips resulting in overcorrecting.

Its just like a tank slapper but not lol

9. Alan Frost

Alan Frost Registered

I almost re-installed rF2 after something suddenly happened to my steering.

I eventually found out the steering aid was turned on. It's the F1 key so I must have hit it as I was pressing the ESC key to leave the track.

I've now unmapped all the F keys!

10. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

Maybe I've misunderstood your description, but it sounds like speed sensitivity is on. If you set it high, the faster you go the less sensitive your steering becomes meaning you need to make bigger inputs so when you do need to correct, it takes too long to get the wheel to counter-steer and by the time you manage it it's already grip sending you flying the other way. Try changing your speed sensitivity or turning it off completely (in-game).

Sorry if I've misunderstood, just ignore what I've said if that's the case!

11. ChrisR

ChrisR Registered

I will try that tonight, i cant remember if i removed it or just turned it down but thats exactly the kinda thing thats happening.

12. ChrisR

ChrisR Registered

I tried it but it was already off.

I did put deadzone to 1% and it helped a but but not great.

It must be something im doing wrong somewhere, nobody would enjoy playing it if it was like this for everyone.

13. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

Me and you both.....

14. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

Hello
    Me I find it's a bug because if you resortez and come back in the game, the problem disappeared.

15. ChrisR

ChrisR Registered

Ive restarted the game many many times and the issue remains.

Removing headshake did help a little aswelk, now i can concentrate on where im going,

16. ChrisR

ChrisR Registered

I managed to sort this out, it was the damper setting in the logitech profiler which was at 100. It needs setting to 0

17. Steve Serpant

Steve Serpant Registered

hi all i had this problem when i first got the game with my logitech g25, i think that the logitech profiler was conflicting with the in game auto adjuster, so i first turned off the in game auto adjuster "set steering angle for individual cars" i think its called (it shows up as a green light when turned on), then set my logitech profiler to 410 degrees, which is easy for me too go from lock to lock without taking my hands off the wheel, then set the steering wheel angle in the game settings to the same 410 degrees, and then set the cars steering angle in the pits for the track :eek:) ie 90%of steering angle through the tightist turn. i found this sorted it for me, i hope you get it sorted soon :eek:)

oww yeah, what m8ty said about the tires they do need warming up a little i find one lap is fine but also the track will rubber in as the cars go round i find you can usually start pushing after 3/4 laps depending on the weather and how many cars are on track :eek:)

18. banzai

banzai Registered

Fixed it for me too, thanks!