Botniaring BETA

Discussion in 'Locations' started by Jka, Jun 16, 2012.

1. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

;)

Are you still modelling cars..?

Cheers!

1 person likes this.
  2. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Still trying to learn, but my head is just not compatible, physics seem to be easier to learn to some extent that is at least :p

Track seems to be much better now, it has that finnish track feel to it as our tracks seem to be more or less deserted ones, small buildings that are far apart and not many of them, they are kind of 'empty' compared to some other tracks in some other countries at least from my experience and that is quite nicely captured there.

I noticed there were no collisions on trees, edge of tracks and tirewalls/stands next to track, but this is probably known state at the moment.

Then I have a wish, could you make garage tents non collidable? I ask this because of trucks, they get stuck into tents.

Looking forward for next versions.

3. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

Yep, no collision boxes over tirewalls yet and trees are still non-collideable. I will make them later. All paddock tents will be replaced to different model later also.

I spend weekend on Botniaring couple of weeks ago and took hundreds of photos from track area. I'm still sorting them out, building new textures and tso's to match real thing. New update will follow soon...;)

Cheers!

4. Tucker Fleming

Tucker Fleming Registered

5. Andreas Binz

Andreas Binz Registered

Yesterday in online race: I rather think that it was 25 players and my car load in a reserved pit box. It is a classification problem ?
    Second, i've see some shadow and car flickering in the online race, i dont know its an server problem or a track problem.

cheers

6. Navigator

Navigator Registered

I don't know if you heard this before and if you like some feedback on the track (witch I love btw, nice job and thank you very much!!) but the rain...... when the track gets wet, you get a LOT more grip, taking of a minimum of 3 seconds lap time, easy!
    Probably should be the other way around, right? ;)

7. Fergy

Fergy Registered

Great work with this track version, you've done a fantastic job.

Is there anyway to change the pit lane speed limit, 28mph is rather slow.

*Fixed, In the multiplayer file set the speed limit (meters per second) to 22.2 for 80kph.

Thanks for your feedback:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2012
  8. Mauro

Mauro Registered

hi jka, your track with historic F1 is amazing :)

i use national layout, but i have this problem: some areas outside the track are black:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

any solutions?

P.S. I saw there are also some problems with light / time of day (at 9 am is night :) )

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2012
  9. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

Yes, currently released (to the public) version contais several gfx- and other issues. Thanks for feedback.

I've been working on other projects lately, but I will release new version near future. ;)

Cheers!

10. MrDarceh

MrDarceh Registered

how is it coming along? I've always had a problem where everything is black, except for the car, but it looks like a fun track

11. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

I probably put up one newer version of this track before rF2 goes gold. I hope I can get it done before christmas...;)

Cheers!

12. Richard Chmielewski

Richard Chmielewski Registered

good luck, the shorter layout has been one of my faves since rF1.

We are racing it in our league, had sued it once in a prior league, and I had one of my best online races EVER.

Thanks!

13. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

+1 hate for minor correctible issues to keep this great track from the popularity it serves. Fantastic with historic F1s but I'm hesitant to run it based on feedback and personal experience with flipping cars in chicane and other issues.

14. Deadpedal

Deadpedal Registered

15. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Yeah it's confusing enough when the same track is done by two different people, perhaps it's because it was no longer beta and there is no way to change title?

Pluginz does this too. I think there are at least three threads, one for each version of the trackmap plugin.

16. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

Uh..oh... Two different people..?

AFAIK no one else ever build Botniaring from scratch to rFactor or rFactor 2 (except converting it to other platforms).

Am I missing something..?

This track will be updated to version 1.0 soon. At the moment I have several other projects in my hands, which needs my attention. With my limited freetime progress has been slow, but I'm getting there.

Version 0.91 is fairly good without any major bugs and it has been tested with pretty big testing group (online and offline) before release. There are some things which are still missing, but nothing major.

Cheers!

17. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

No! Sorry!

What I should have said is you have multiple personality disorder. No Just kidding :).

What I REALLY should have said is that it is confusing enough when two people do the same track LET ALONE THE SAME PERSON HAVE TWO THREADS as is the case here.

18. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

Hehe, I feel like multiply personality disorder when working several tracks and different platforms same time... :D

Yes, I can see confusion with two different threads. I try to do better in the future. Unfortunately I cannot delete old beta thread, which is obsolent. I will edit v0.91 thread when v1.0 is released.

Cheers!