Build 90 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Jun 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

Sarcasm?

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

*cough* BATHURST *cough*

well every other Sim is doing it so why cant you guys!! ;)

Although ORSM would probably do a job equally as good eventually anyway... :D

3. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Then I suggest to check the latest news from AC. And compare appearance of cars build by them to ones found in rF2. In both cases these are licensed cars. But difference in quality is significant.
    I'm far for blaming anybody for quality (nobody's perfect). But question is inevitable: does ISI think about improving quality of the content? I'm sure there are a lot of tips over forum how quality may be improved to match other titles. Do ISI work in this area or just it is left for future community job?

4. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

I am little bit disappointed that every sim is offering the exact same content. One makes Bathurst, 10 others will follow. One makes Nordschleife, 10 others will follow. One makes something that looks like Porsche, 10 others will follow. One makes vintage Formula car, 10 others will follow. One makes vintage Spa, 10 others will follow.

Good thing is that rF2 offers nice moddable platform, but current sim racing scene is still pretty boring to look at.

Who would make Tractor Pulling? Rally Raid trucks? Monster Trucks? Racing trucks? Vintage land speed record cars? The oddball cars from Pikes Peak? Pikes Peak? Vintage Drag Racing? Demolition Derby? Public road tracks? (I know pCARS have few, nice)

You know, there is more than Formula One and GT...

5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Their fees are what I consider unreasonable and outside of our product pricing bracket. Any licensed content has to be something which brings sales which not only pay the licensing fee and the production cost, but create profit, their fee makes that impossible for us with what we are charging you (and what we feel OUR community is willing to pay). What other communities can pay, and how other devs organize themselves, has nothing to do with us.

6. 88mphTim

You make it almost impossible for me to feel happy communicating here, so I will no longer communicate with you MaXyM.

You of course can contact me for support issues. But I'm done being pulled down by you now. It's just too hard to read it all the time.

7. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Im talking about my experience here. If yours is different, say so, dont twist my saying please.

8. patryksok.

patryksok. Registered

Wow, this is funny. It's the part of your WORK, Tim, it dont be always happy to speak with US - THE community, WE will ask difficult questions, WE will annoy you by pointing out the smallest error in rF2 and future sims, but this is our role, to ASK and to have conversations, sometimes diffcult ones. So why you acting like a little baby and insult on us? MaXyM is one of the community, you cant refuse to answer a difficult question that is important to almost everyone.

Q from me: When you scheduled next rF2 update?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2012
  9. 88mphTim

Updates are not scheduled. They are released when released. :)

I have said nothing insulting. You actually were the one to just call me a name.

10. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Quality of the content????? or appearance??? 2 totally different things. You have no idea how good the quality of the ISI content is technically, and even less so compared to other sims, especially one that hasnt even been released. All you know is screenshots and "marketing" stuff, thats all.

Tim you got a point, speaking to Maxym about anything other than technical problems with the game itself would be pointless, hes constantly very rude, narrow minded, and just a straight up jerk, ive seen this in many other threads aswell. As soon as I see his name come up in any post its always some smart ass, closed minded remark. Or something offending to get his point across. We all have our rude sides, but this guy is such an ass CONSTANTLY.

11. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

if I say appearance (modeling,texturing, material properties), will it be easier to answer?

btw what is wrong with asking? I found isi cars low quality and want to know if improvements are under consideration.
    if you are ok with current quality, your bussines. But I would like to see best possible in rf2. is it wrong?

12. MarcG

MarcG Registered

fair enough, still think the Lifetime Price is too low but thats just my opinion, anyway I hope you may have some other Aussie track in the making...that would be cool!

13. 88mphTim

Please do not call people names. If you cannot deal with his posts or ignore them yourself, you can use the ignore option in the forum.

The best quality car you have at the moment is the BT20, all the other cars (including the Clio) are older, less quality models. I don't know if they are going to go back and increase their detail to match the BT20 level. It may become debatable when the replay functions are improved more anyway, with background blur and other things, the lower quality cars may look better/more on-par.

14. 88mphTim

I've been trying, and tried with Bathurst. I hate it when they won't negotiate. :)

The pricing is a good discussion point, but really there's only two things you can do:
    - You can charge whatever you want, and try to create a new customer base (who can afford it). You immediately exclude more people.
    - You can look at the existing community you have, and price for them.

The first is really risky, IMHO but there is one sim which did it with some success, the second is what we did.

15. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Tim, you would need my patience to deal with MaXyM's stubbornness ;)

Perhaps I have a way of putting it in more diplomatic way and it makes me come through better.
    But I think you should consider, that it's not just MaXyM, that's interested in visual aspects of rF2. There's more of us interested in this subject, even if we are not the majority (that's something perhaps MaXyM should consider :) There's a lot of people who want a good simulation do drive and they think of graphics as something secondary, regardless it it can be better or not. Took me some time to realize that.).

The difficult part here is that on one hand we would like to have one product's graphics quality combined with other product's simulation quality. We're still looking for that "perfect one" and it's nowhere to be found :)
    That's why some people at pCARS forums will be constantly unsatisfied with physics, while some people at rF2 forum will be constantly unsatisfied with graphics.

It's only natural :p

16. Favio

Favio Registered

Does anybody work here?, don't have a girlfriend?, another hobbies?, come on guys, just wait one or two months, don't go crazy by a pc software, eventually you will have all ur future life to race rF2 when gold it's released. Patience pals, I'm excited too, but eat ISI's brain Is not going to help anyway...
    I have not intention to offend anyone, just my opnion.

1 person likes this.
  17. Reprobator

Reprobator Registered

Well about bathurst i think i would gladly accept and enjoy a fantasy inspired one from bathurst!
    I'd love to see dijon's track too (as well as bathurst)

Anyway i'm already enjoying the game the way it is! but yeah i'm really hoping next build will correct graphicals bug.

18. 88mphTim

Don't misunderstand, I have no issue with everything that is being said there. It's more how, and I don't believe it is just a difference of native language.

I know what people want. I read it all. There is no reason for graphics to be secondary for any product these days, but it takes time as you know. I also did explain above about the differences in model quality pre-BT20, but I cannot really answer comparative questions about a product we didn't make, and probably none of you have seen running yet (AC).

19. Alesi

Alesi Registered

someone should combine this things

20. MarcG

MarcG Registered

If people are still looking for the "Perfect one" then they're gonna be disappointed for a very long time IMO, sure we are closer to that right now as we ever have been but personally I just think its too far off. I'm still waiting for the perfect football (soccer) game to incorporate quality management side with playing side...FIFA12 is the closest but its miles off Perfect and nowhere near what I want it too be....and I've been waiting since Sensible Soccer and Championship Manager days for that :p

Main thing as Simmers we should be happy with the current future if that makes sense! RF2, AC and pCars are looking to be huge in 2013 with iRacing thrown into the mix as well then we have some quality Sims available but each one will continue to have its own faults and flaws alongside what makes it great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.