Build 90 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Jun 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alesi

Alesi Registered

how do i know on which version on track i can test a car.. i mean there were VLN track v.1.90.. then they updated it to v.1.91, so i also install it.. but because there were mod with v. 1.90, the new one (v. 1.91) install separate (not up date v. 1.90 to v.1.91) (so i have 2 versions v. 1.90 and v. 1.91 installed in game)... so when i entered in offline game how can i know what version will be used??

i think its to complicate...then we have v.2.0, v. 2.1, v. 2.3 and so on and we have to install them all on our?? cause some mode id will not update them...

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2012
  2. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

Toady=sycophant, or in forum speak fanboy.

3. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

yes... we also discussed it on our forum yesterday.
    Looks like offline the last component (track in this case) is loaded. However I don't know if the last means: the last installed, one with greatest version number or so. ISI must confirm it.
    For online, track version referred in rfmod should be loaded.

4. elcoco

elcoco Registered

I use a triple screen and now,I can use

multiview

HDR

FXAA

with good fps

That's why I say good job for the b90

5. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

Fanboy is better. Sycophant you could receive a warning and toady nobody understands.

6. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

I'm glad you have good FPS.
    I have acceptable 50-60 fps on Croft or VLM tracks. but on Spa or Monza these drops to 30 with other cars. So it is not good enough to me. However what I'm talking about is not related to performance which my be improved in one or other way.

7. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

I wonder what kind of observation is that. Is it so different from my observation?
    I really can not tell about minorities and majorities as juct a small percentage of this forum followers actually post.
    But you seem so certain about it! How can you be unless you try to pass your impresion as fact!

And funny thing is, you cannot seriously expect anyone regular in here to believe that your problem is the current situation.
    Allmost all your posts here, since months ago, were critisizing negatively ALL previous situations.

8. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

Nikos, there is others foruns about simracing on internet not related directly to one company.

9. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Just having fun brainstormin, but I wonder if it would be possible to go gold quicker if ISI concentrated more on the fundamentals and delay additional original content until after gold. Before you flame me, I understand this may not make sense b/c, for example, some ISI resources have content-specific skillsets and cannot assist with core development. It is interesting to imagine, however, how much faster a platform-only development process would be. For example, the mod development platform could go gold, then open beta plus modders going at it, then commercial with mix of (less) ISI content and (more) modded content. Another idea is that ISI is great at fantasy tracks so do fantasy tracks (LIKE TOBAN I WANT IT NOW!!! j/k) and let modded do real tracks and vehicles.

10. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Exactly.

11. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

As Ive seen till now, the total postage of these other forums could be a small fraction of rf2 postage. Am I so wrong?

12. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

I really don´t know. Just want to say to not take only this forum as database of opinions on rf2.

13. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Racing with the Clio in rFactor 2 is one of the best online racing experience I've ever had. In fact, I haven't touched any other sim since the Clio became available.

The most frustrating thing is the collision, but apart that, I've been having a blast! Can't wait to do some racing in Sebring ;)

Cheers

14. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

On this forum, there are a lot of techs-related threads: modding, modelling, car data, physics etc etc.
    On simracing forums usually features (or its lack) are discussed.
    Even it here is always a few people who are ready to write that rf2 is amazing, on other forums (but simracing ones, tighten with rfactor and ISI for years) there are mostly complaints about rf2, ISI etc.
    Of course any one see new technologies like RealTrack, rain etc. But general assessment is bad (whatever reason is)... and it is sad.

15. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Yes, I do take this forum as tottaly representative of what rf2 is and what isnt.
    I believe modderators here, have showed no intention to manipulate this forum whatsoever and its input, posting can only be compaired to the old rfactorcentral, srmz and avsim.

16. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

AFAIK that was always said to be a minimum expectation. Any solidifying of that, whether done by ISI staff or by you, obviously didn't carry forward that it was minimum. I'm quite sure you are aware that development predictions are impossible in a smaller team, but if you want to say that, go ahead. All I can really say is that the kind of language you're using makes it very difficult for me to feel OK communicating with you.

17. 88mphTim

As we have said before, different people work on content than develop and release updates for the core. Although most ISI staff do have multiple roles, there is little sense in having someone who is primarily a car builder, or track builder, picking around in the core.

And obviously in your own post you have suggested for us to hold content, but are asking for Toban. :) I think the balance we have (developing both content and the core) is correct.

18. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Tim, You guys are AWESOME at fantasy tracks, mills, toban, lienz, essington, even the oval with the infield, short version, long version, extra long, all in reverse as well, they are all AMAZING tracks, all with their own identity and feel, and all with a proper feel and atmosphere aswell as the actual track itself!!! You guys have the best fantasy tracks in the community in my eyes, EASILY!

Man I used to do a lot of toban and mills (short and long) races in REVERSE, man those tracks were LEGENDARY. The final turn at mills reverse, so hairy, but sometimes you can nail it perfectly. The entire final sector in toban long reverse and 2nd and final sector in short reverse, FLYYYYYING through those last 5 or 6 turns, flying over the curbs, the bumps, going steeply uphill, cutting the left right part, hard right while your engine is screaming in 4th, 5th, 6th, then the downhill double left hander where you FLYYY through and your just holding on but still trying to stay calm, you exit in like 5th and still have the whole straight to go, holy crap what a track. I could go on forever about the great corners and corner combos on those tracks. Thank goodness they arent going anywhere for rF2 :).

Lots of great memories from the oval/infield track aswell even though I dont think many people played it compared to toban, mills, and essington. I remember playing against AJ Almindinger and another real life driver in it in the Famous Renault Megane Mod, awesome! I think there is a bump or surface transition that can unsettle the car in the 2nd half of the braking stage when transitioning from oval to infield and you are turning, braking, going from oval to flat surface, dealing with the bump, all at the same time, sort of took "balls" even though its not real life you still sort of got that on edge "how much do you dare" feeling inside, then you had that real long and fast right hander, where you where flying but trying to be so precise with throttle application, so hard to get the middle to exit stage on that corner perfect lap after lap, and your setup changes and trye condition would make that turn different every lap, and thats not even with the real road tech that we will have in rf2 :).

Then theres essington, how deep do you go into the first double apex right hander, what line will you take, theres some different techniques that can work there, after the hairpin left you get the big straight uphill to the SUPER fast right (if this was a real life corner it would be up there with the legendary turns like eau rouge, 130R, etc etc) and then you SCREAMMM down hill with the cones on your right and brake and fly into that super tight little part where the road falls away from the car like in Bathurst. Then the back of the course with the very fast and very much on the limit left right left right part, oh man one of the best segments in any track.

Then theres Lienz and all its versions, WOW, unreal corners, corner combos, track attributes, curbs, elevation changes, etc etc please dont even get me started on that course I can go on forever on the driving sections there.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2012
  19. MarcG

MarcG Registered

he was joking, hence the j/k ;)

As for the links you provided us, well they have old news and nothing new, but we know your stance on "Status Updates" and if thats how you wish to keep your customers informed (by saying diddly squat!) then thats your way....just seems very strange to me as you well know by now ;)

20. 88mphTim

They don't do a lot for viral marketing, though. Sure, it's nice once you own the product. :) No person running Codemasters F1 title, for example, is searching for Toban. Licensed content is going to be important for rFactor2's future.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.