Build 90 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Jun 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TJones

TJones Registered

Yes, communication from staff side, could be realy better, it shouldn't hurt that much to give some info about further development from time to time. But they decided to do as they do, for me personal a little hard to understand.

We can only speculate about the reasons, maybe for reasons of confidentiality, but more likely they dislike endless discussions.
    But anyway we have to accept it.

2. El Reprobatar

El Reprobatar Registered

Well they may make a read only thread so they communicate without having to discuss endlessly

3. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

I honestly think ISI is not aware what 5 minutes of writing a post, once a month is worth. It is worth alot to it's users. Heck, even what Kunos does is better. A one or two line entry on Twitter everyday or two. Tim does a pretty good job on Twitter, but he isn't part of the dev. team. Their choice I guess.

4. zack

zack Registered

the whole development is a disaster,what was really new for 6 months,F1Isi and the modded gardenchairs?
    cmon!

5. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

speed of development by a very small team isn't going to be light speed. If you want fast development go to iracing bro. check out the video I posted a few posts up. That game is seamless and has no bugs.

6. coops

coops Banned

IRACING bro: go over to there forums write about it there this is RF2 so take your iracing and shove it where the sun dont shine.

1 person likes this.
  7. coops

coops Banned

+1

8. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

We can also talk about pCARS if you wish ;) They developed impressive volumetric clouds ;)

9. coops

coops Banned

but do they make a gd sun too LOL

10. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

I guess you don't understand sarcasm very well. :p

11. Goat

Goat Registered

I know the fan boys will pile on but this statement is so spot on. I cannot believe the incredibly slow pace of this "so called beta". Also I and others who bring this up do not deserve the attacks of the close minded.

Goat

12. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Who's attacking you? lol Quit being such a suck. If you've got a beef state it and expect people to return with a remark. That's usually how forums work. Send a email to someone from ISI if you don't want the "attacks from the closed minded".

13. coops

coops Banned

+1

14. coops

coops Banned

I cannot believe the incredibly slow pace of this "so called beta". i think its going great its not a race PMSL

15. RafBR

RafBR Registered

I moved to the country side of my town two weeks ago and now I have no good internet connection. So I played the clios in this build 90 and I truly tought that I was racing in multiplayer. Very fun experience!
    Keep on the great work ISI!

16. Goat

Goat Registered

I figured as much from you...the first thing you do is insult me.
    Its the same old bull%^$ every time...and I mean every time, someone has a view that the collective fan boys don't agree with you think it is the proper thing to insult them or belittle them from your keyboard. Come to my house and call me a suck and Ill stuff your scrotum down your throat!!

HERE IS MY ISSUE:
    RF2 was released as a beta that needed to be paid for up front. It was not a beta it was in an alpha stage product when first released. I paid and got the "alpha" the day it was released in January. It has been 7 months, WTF, HOW LONG IS THIS GOING TO TAKE? Back in December the thought was at the most 6 months to full release. I am sick of hearing the same old BS from people that if you don't like it get a refund or your just an idiot you don't know how long development takes or on and on and on. For once maybe you can listen to someone else's point of view and do just that LISTEN.
    I like RF2 but the pace is far to slow and the communication of what is really going on is worse.

17. coops

coops Banned

I like RF2 but the communication from ISI is what i think the big problem is from what nearly every1 is saying, i do agree to a point but they do it there way and i will live with that... any way we must be due for update so lets just hope we get it soon as that will shut us up for a bit..... PMSL

18. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Both Goat and CDN are going away for a while, their language and posturing is unacceptable...

But, to reply to this post for the benefit of those who haven't been (temp) banned:
    None of you purchased rFactor2 in beta, or in alpha. You (pre)purchased rFactor2, helping test our purchasing system (which for rFactor1, has an outside company, and caused most of the issues you all complained about with rF1's DRM). You were given access to rFactor2 before it was finished, as a part of that pre-purchase of the gold product. That's what you got, what you were able to judge it on, and able to request a refund on if it wasn't at a stage you wanted to be involved at.

When you say lack of communication, do you mean this isn't communication?
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/6405?p=78083&viewfull=1#post78083
    Or this is a lack of communication?
    http://rfactor.net/web/2012/07/23/rfactor2-testing-continues/
    Because both of those items are still 100% current, and failing repeating ourselves every post, there's not much else can be done. The lower link was posted less than a week ago.

The FAQ has also said pretty much the same thing (the getting started thread) since it was created, as did all the threads we made at various points.

I also don't see the slow development you do. The pace these guys work at astounds me... That's probably an issue with expectations more than anything else. But I'll concede that, entitled to your opinion on the pace. :)

19. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

20. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

yep it is subjective. but pace is slower than expected in January.
    would you like to give us some clue why do you think it's rolling fast then?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.