Build 90 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Jun 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tjc

tjc Registered

Ok...

This is going to sound like a really daft question but what way does one exit the pits when at Old Monza?

If I follow the AI and go right (which is the way it`s meant to be I`m sure) I get the "pit" symbol in the left hand corner of the screen telling me to pit in, I`ve ignored this (as a test) and been DQ`d.

If I go left out of the pits and around the point of the barrier to then go right onto the track it`s 50-50...

Sometimes I`ve been given the "pit" symbol and had to return to the pits and other times I`ve "gotten away with it" so to speak and been allowed to drive on but every time I go right immediately after exiting the pits I get the "pit" symbol...

It happens in practice and qually etc.

Anybody else come across this?

It`s making fun quite hard to have at Old Monza. :(

2. Raph4

Raph4 Registered

finally I have find old build .69 full install on other website ^^

3. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Haven't had that problem at all.

Going right is the correct way to drive out. When you come to the end of the where the cars are parked, you have to make a very hard, tight, right-handed u-turn and drive out the other front pit lane.

Is that what you do?

4. tjc

tjc Registered

Yeh Mr. tree, that`s what I`m doing. :)

Pass all the other cars on your right, sharp right, out then to where the barrier is on your left and away onto the track.

I`ve driven old Monza in other sims so I know that`s the way to go but I keep getting the pit in symbol if I exit like that.

:confused:

5. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Take a right like buddha says down pit road. You will be driving away from parabolica(I think thats what the last turn is called). That is the correct way. If you are getting a drive through penalty its probably because you are speeding. 100km/hr is the speed limit offline. Online I've seen 80km/hr. Maybe its whatever the server chooses I'm not sure. Keep on eye on the bottom left hand corner for instructions on pit speed limit.

6. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Yeah, must be speeding.

7. tjc

tjc Registered

Ahh right!

Could be speeding indeed as I`m driving the BT20 and it`s the old Monza layout I didn`t think speeding in the pitlane would have come into it but I`ll go and check and see.

Cheers guys. :)

8. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

lol you realize that with build 69, you can't use any of the updates that came with build 85 or 90....

That means you can not install Formula ISI, or the new BT20, you can't install the 60's 1.1 update, you can't install the GT 1.1 update, can't use FR3.5 update 1.2, etc...... None of the updates from those builds. And probably can't even use Brianza.

Have fun! :D

9. tjc

tjc Registered

Happy to report that indeed I was just being too heavy right footed at Old Monza in the pitlane.

Really didn`t think that a pitlane speed limit would be in use in the representation of such an old track but there you go.

Anyway, problem solved.

Thanks again both. :)

10. MJP

MJP Registered

I think it could be down to the VMOD you're using, Brianza doesn't seem to have a limit and the ISI WCR RFMOD is set at 1000Kmh.

11. RafBR

RafBR Registered

Indeed :cool:

12. osella

osella Registered

Does anyone find on the Spark F1 that you need to use very front brake bias? I would say I can generally brake well and smootly, in rf1 in many mods I can use 51:49 but on this car even 56 is oversteering like hell. I need to set it to at least 60.

Second question, its a bit strange there is pit speed limit on monza, I thought there were no limits back in 60s? Or was monza an exception?

13. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

wow thats an in insanely low rear brake bias you must be really compensating for it on other parts of your setup

14. tjc

tjc Registered

I don`t know if it`s the mod or not that`s causing the pit lane speed limit on Old Monza but there is definitely a limit that I have to stick to but apparently not the AI as they go tearing off from their grid spots at a good pace...

@ osella

To my knowledge there was no pit lane speed limits on any tracks used in the 60`s but I may be wrong. :)

15. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Right first impressions of Build 90:

Brianza is cool as is the new Brabham, need to up the Steering Torque Filter though as the Banking is shaking my G25 somewhat!
    Performance seems to be slightly worse than B85 (HD7850), more testing required on this, although same settings and I lose 10fps+ at Spa in the 60s mod.
    Cant find the new UI that was talked about earlier in the thread (will search again in a minute!)
    Bugs still remain from B69/85

I know the initial perception was Beta to Gold around 6months-ish, but as we're now nearly there I really cant see this going Gold anytime in the next two months.
    The little bugs (that are kinda ruining the enjoyment for me currently especially in the Tin Top cars) still need dealing with, performance still needs to be increased (IMO). I guess it depends on what Gjon wants as a Gold release, for me this still has some way to go for that, at the very least until the ATi issues have been dealt with.

All in all as first impressions go then not a great "hurrah!" as B85, obvious not as much has been done though so wont worry too much, just hope the next Build deals with more Fixes.

16. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

I remember pit speed limits applied at late 80s or something like that

17. osella

osella Registered

Yeah, just remembered Senna rushing from pits in 1988 at well over 200kmh..

18. thuGG

thuGG Registered

It will be a succes if it's Gold before the end of the year. It still has so many bugs, and so many unfinished, unimplemented features that hoping for release in 2-3 months is unreasonable. And looking at the speed of the developement so far, it's just doesn't look good.

19. tjc

tjc Registered

Personally I don`t mind if ISI take there time on this and get it all as sweet as a nut.

I`d rather time was taken in the development of rf2 (even a lot of time) and things were done properly than things being rushed to get finished. :)

20. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Bug fixing is one thing, unfinished/unimplemented features can always be carried on after Gold its just how much ISI want to implement before that. As for speed of development I personally think its come a long long way since the first beta, HDR is now better than ever (just turned it on, much better than in B69/B85 IMO). If they can fix the bugs and get more optimisation done then realistically a Gold target for September should be possible, the Modding area still needs some work though so that could hold up the process somewhat, I guess we'll see soon enough anyway!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.