Build 90 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Jun 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gridgirl

Gridgirl Registered

There appears 2 Monaco in the UI, not sure if it loads really the new one. At least i see no difference. Besides i have less fps then in build 85.

I did a few laps with the 60's F1, just to make sure that my problems with build 90 did not come from the Brabham or Brianza. Was surprised how easy they handel now compared with v1.0. And all this without any changes in the car setup.

2. tjc

tjc Registered

Yes, imo you can tell quite easily that Monaco and Spa have been updated with more content and graphics updates... really looking very good now and I know there will be more to come. I can`t say about the other 60`s cars as I can`t seem to drive anything but the new BT20 just now.

The BT20 is awesome and has working mirrors but the Eve`s and Sparks etc still have the blacked out mirrors bug I`m afraid.

I`ve only tried the 60`s stuff so far so can`t comment on other cars etc yet. :)

3. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

so are they (60s cars) different?
    They certainly feel easier, even brabham seems easy to learn imho.
    Ffb force feels to be back to 65 build levels.

4. MJP

MJP Registered

I can't see this in my Build90, there seems to be small changes to the intensity of nightlighting and removal of some 'no rain zones' in Monaco but otherwise the files are unchanged, Spa seems to have no changes at all.

5. FONismo

FONismo Registered

SPA looks better to me tbh, maybe lighting changes not sure but it looks better for some reason and i'm sure there are new objects that were not in the previous version. Although i may just be noticing more now in the Brabham due to not going at crazy speeds as you would normally in the 60's F1. Normal time lighting also seems better, i.e say 1pm etc, rather than having to use sunset or sunrise for nice eye candy. Really starting to get their now graphically but still alot to go. Brianza is beautiful IMO and i think rF2 is getting closer and closer to the SHIFT titles graphically, each update is getting closer, obviously it's done to a more believable level though and not OTT like SHIFT. I personally think rF2's tracks look alot better than pCARS

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2012
  6. sg333

sg333 Registered

At Spa some of the buildings look much ... different? I cant tell if its model changes or lighting/shaders etc but its very noticable. The road looks different too, the grass and fields too.

7. tjc

tjc Registered

Well I`d definitely say that the scenery/tress etc at Spa look to be improved from b85 to me and there seems to be more "content" in the likes of Monaco... more/new billboards etc but as Nismo says, maybe it`s lighting changes or maybe I`m just seeing things lol...

There definitely does seem to be graphical improvements though imo. :)

8. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

atmosphere simulation has been changed. That's why things may look different. Especially in rain/fog

9. FONismo

FONismo Registered

One thing i think that needs an overhaul btw in rF2 is grass. iRacing does this pretty well and looks very believable. Grass right now seems quite low res and a little too lush

10. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

100% agree. The potential on the track side (track tech, lighting, surface physics, shaders quality, dynamic range, air density etc...) is, actually, ahead the pCars standards. The new HDR range is going to add a huge boost on general look even for cars that now looks better and more "solid".

This is the right direction. Go ISI go!!! ;)

11. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

So it looks better right now or has potential? I noticed a lot of people arguing against statement that rF2 doesn't look good enough by using "has potential" sentence. It's funny.

it is true that track tech and surface physics is better in rF2. I can say the best of all sims. But how have you verified shaders quality? There are huge amount of bugs in shaders currently. How you can say it is ahead of any thing? I'm not talking about light glows ;) looks pathetic. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately because there is goal to reach) pCars is still benchmark for lighting and shading. I have only hope that rF2 gfx engine will be improved once to the level available in other games (not only sims)

12. kimikaze

kimikaze Registered

More contrast colors add some positive points to previous (in some areas) washed out colors and shadows has some profit from it, but now i think the color palette is to much vivid. And thats ruin atmosphere of the game a little bit. I like previous version(85) more in that perspective. I also don't like tone of image when the darkness become more obvious(from 6:00 pm). Is it to much in yellow side. I presume Monza has no big fireball(sun) in the evening that travel behind the horizon, like for example in some exotic Lands. Some color tone balance that add more life to washed thing and don't ruin the rest of the things will be just perfect :)

13. Mulero

Mulero Registered

I think the upgrade from 85 to 90 not working properly. I've read several posts here as elsewhere of people who do better performance to upgrade than to install the buid 90 directly.

It appears that the update did not correctly apply the changes.

14. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

@ Maxym

If you're saying me pCARS is a benchmark on the track side (ingame look (not screenshot side), track quality, texture quality, light quality, render quality etc.), maybe we've a different definition of "benchmark". :)

We're seeing things in a different way all the time, so I think could be pretty useless (and boring) starting a discussion about this. :)

Just to put away the pCARS OT...rF2 is going in the right direction to look stunning in the near future (potential). Just my humble opinion...

Easy.

15. Raph4

Raph4 Registered

85 & 90 build have same issue: no visible opponents in single player
    (with clean install)

EDIT: where I can re-download Build .69 ?
    only this build have no-problem, and dirrect link is deleted :(

16. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

yes it is. I really like improved atmosphere since build 90. It is indeed step forward.

17. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Raph4; did you set the "private practice" to "off" then? That's in race options and then "practice".

18. Raph4

Raph4 Registered

oups! yes ^^

but where re-download old .69
    too many gfx bug in all other build

19. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Pfff, where..... I don't know......

20. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

@ Raph4, we are here to test builds for ISI to make the final release the best it can be.

Bugs and problems are expected. It's our job to find them and report them. Some builds will be better than other builds.

If you go back to build 69, you are doing nothing to help. We are finished testing that build.

Only one other person that I can see has reported this problem. Just one. So perhaps it's your computer and not the game?

Why not spend a little time to see if you can fix it before giving up?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.