Build 90 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Jun 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hybrid

Hybrid Registered

Offcourse. But with a small update like we have now (48 MB) i would try to do to only the auto update is a good test also.
    And most likely wont stress the system at all (No grip for example handles it fine with even more downloads) If you have big files i understand. :)

2. Nicola Trivilino

Nicola Trivilino Registered

????? explain please

3. Kalanur

Kalanur Registered

You need to make a VMOD in order to select the track on dedi server. For single player you can just use All Cars & Tracks.

4. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

Awesome Thank you ISI More good news for the sim of the year :cool:

5. osella

osella Registered

Select All cars and tracks mod, not 60s racing mod, then select 60s car.

6. Gjon Camaj

Gjon Camaj Registered

The shadow issue needs more work, but I wanted to get out the update and track to test other things.

7. Kalanur

Kalanur Registered

He asked how to select the Track on a Dedicated Server. All Cars and Tracks is not available if you start a dedicated server. He needs a vmod like it's expained in this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjQ_eo2zsl4

8. Gjon Camaj

Gjon Camaj Registered

One server is for those wanted to race Brianza with the updated 60's Mod and the other server is for people that didnt update the mod but did install Brianza. I wanted to test both these scenarios, but in general, I would only host recent versions.

9. Max Melamed

Max Melamed Registered

10. Hoschi

Hoschi Registered

ok Gjon, that cleared something :). thx

11. Nicola Trivilino

Nicola Trivilino Registered

:mad::(

12. TiTaN

TiTaN Registered

hi good update seems fine to me! just one question.
    what about when you're playing online and someone enters, his car it's the template car? I need to exit and enter race to see the car.
    I mean if the car exists in my "computer" why it is template? why not the car right away?

13. tjc

tjc Registered

Just wondering here guys but when will the Full/Main Downloads be available here at ISI?

:)

14. Cobbs

Cobbs Registered

Generally, you take an FPS hit when your computer loads a new car. It was a problem back in the days of F1c I seem to remember. With this system, you do all the loading that slows down the game when you're sat in the garage, not when you're driving at 150mph :)

15. Gjon Camaj

Gjon Camaj Registered

Do you mean while you are on the track, you have to go back to the garage to load any vehicles of join who joined after you got onto the track? If so, this is part of the old system for not loading off the hard drive while you are driving.

16. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Thank you for lists in cars and track selection screens! So much easier now.

Monza is fantastic. I really like what you`ve done with lighting and vegetation rendering. BT is great too. With this car-track combination it is for the first time in rF2 that I drove one lap after another and didn`t want to stop. Its still confusing in the first laps with no grip at all, but after lap 8-10 grip feeling is better. Overall for me Monza is perfect track for physics testing and comparison. In Spa and Monaco things are more complicated. I still do not understand why car feels too soft some times, especially on roll resistance, after counter steering and on trial-braking. Used the most stiff springs, didn`t help much...

I noticed some FPS drop with 85 and 90 updates and some bugs (may post later). But overall much more happy than month ago.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2012
  17. Luiz De Boni

Luiz De Boni Registered

Thanks ISI!
    Just a silly question: the league I race in is just finishing its 6th season and will start season 7 by September...do you think rF2 will be released by that time?v:confused:

18. Togge

Togge Registered

I have try everything,,,cant se the brianza at all...done the uppdate,,,try all track and cars....nothing,,,:confused:

19. ethone

ethone Registered

I really like the addition of the List Viewer for tracks although I wish it would offer some more vertical resolution to scroll through longer lists more efficiently. It currently only lists a maximum of 8 venues on a single page and that's a bit on the short side.

Here's a quick and crude sketch of how I'd like to see the screen optimized:
    View attachment 2822

20. Max Melamed

Max Melamed Registered

Nice update! but when i activate shadows nevermind which detaillevel cpu usage goes to 95-100% ...pretty weird due to the fact that before the patch i could the game fully maxed out... :/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.