Audi R18 [in progress]

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by tommy86, Jun 14, 2012.

1. That's a pitty! :(

2. Magzire

Magzire Registered

FFS!!! I just followed this project for 8 months for nothing, thanks. Amazing stuff, maybe make up a Ferrari FXX for a laugh

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2012
  3. Magzire

Magzire Registered

Classic mod? Yeah we all want that! You spent countless hours on this mod, you retarded?

4. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

That's why I dislike WIP threads that have no releases...we just wait and wait and maybe we get something sometime...or not as in this case. I recommend to open a WIP thread only when you are 100% sure you will release the content you are working on (or better yet to open it when you release a preview of your content even if it is an early alpha or whatever).

1 person likes this.
  5. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Hey guys. Tommy will still do the R18 sometime in the future. He wanted to take the time to learn methods in modeling which would improve his models. He wanted to get away from converting and begin making his own things from scratch. That should be commended overall. Right now he's going through our training program and has been doing really well. The car he is working on is far easier then the R18 and has taught him a lot of new methods which he will be able to apply to the R18 in the future.

It may be upsetting, but this is a guy who is trying to improve his skills to be able to produce higher quality work for all of you, lets support him in that so we can gain yet another talented mod content developer in this community.

1 person likes this.
  6. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

I see the full gamut on thoughts about modders--- right on this page - I guess "damned if you do, and damned if you don't" just about sums up a modder's life.

7. steeve

steeve Registered

+1:)

8. GTFREAK

GTFREAK Registered

The main issue with this is that life happens. Things get in the way and there is no way to be completely sure that what you are showing will ever make it to the public.

I have personally started four or five cars that I would have liked to be able to release to the public. However, life got in the way and they were never completed. It just depends on the situation. There is nothing wrong with showing WIP images or videos even if that particular car or track never sees the light of day.

If you are like me, you'll take a look at what others are doing. Study their work, and perhaps you can learn something from what they show so that you can be a better modder yourself. I personally analyze every single model I see (especially if there's a wireframe). This is very useful information. You can take a look at how the model was put together and even try to duplicate it if you are just starting to learn how to model.

I think WIP images benefit the community more than they hurt it. That's just my 2 cents.

Cheers

9. tjc

tjc Registered

First off I can understand your disappoinment but to revert to name calling is un-called for, imature and really not needed.

10. tjc

tjc Registered

It certainly does...

I know I, and a lot of others appreciate their work and dedication to the mods they do... I guess there really is just no pleasing some folks.

11. tjc

tjc Registered

Very good and interesting post Petros Mak... good to hear that the mod may get finished off sometime and that Tommy is trying to improve his skills.

You guys have a training program... :cool: If you`re ever needing another "apprentice" I`d love to get involved in the car moddeling side of things. :)

12. Golly

Golly Registered

Yeah bud, what may take a single modeller 3 years to complete and hone his skills with, may take him 12 months or less when someone joins a modding group as big as Mak-Corp or Historix for that matter. There is a wealth of knowledge amongst its members to help out someone develop his or her talent. Yes its a bummer for some when the thread gets closed, but it will resurface later on somewhere else and faster than originally planned one would hope :)
    Good on ya Tommy, go for it mate and well done Mak-Corp, keep up the good stuff Petros.

13. @Petros: I fully understand the situation! Let's wait&see! :cool:

14. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

I like the idea of a training program, and if you guys are ever in need of an apprentice graphics person, look me up :)

15. tommy86

tommy86 Registered

Thanks Petros and other guys for understand it.

Cheers :)

16. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Late to this topic, was looking for this car and LeMans track today...

The outrage was really undeserved, however one particular issue I could see is that if someone shows WIP of a specific car, other modders may stay away from that car (or track) as it's being "taken". Then after months suddenly it vaporizes. Which for stuff like this here, for the true real major material, is a bit of a downer.

17. cosimo

cosimo Registered

So... I've seen this Audi_R18 mod online somewhere :)

18. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

You filthy tease

19. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

Me too..

In RF1 ;)