Senna 88 and Formula V6 BETA mod

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Marco Bijl, Jun 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FeedEmBeans

FeedEmBeans Registered

I've tried installing the mod from both places without success. Build 90, first time trying to install. In the mod manager it's listed at the bottom below all the other mods under a heading stating that it is unable to install it. Any thoughts?

Beans

2. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Right click the mod, choose properties and then click on the advanced button. Look in the list for anything listed as not installed and find out where you can download that and install it. This is usually like this because you are missing something that the mod is dependent on.

3. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Senna mod is tied to quite a few tracks. Mid-Ohio (not the newest version). I dropped the Senna mod in order to uninstall the old version of Mid-Ohio to install new version just posted.

Senna is tied to some old versions of tracks.

4. Magus

Magus Registered

I updated through to 101 & having the stuttering issues I completely uninstalled & reinstalled 101 from scratch to address it (didn't make a difference). However when managing my mods it tells me it is unable to install the Senna 1988 final because:

Clio_PC 1.0 Vehicle Not Installed
    F1_1994_F1SR 2.0 Sound Not Installed
    Senna88 2.0 Vehicle Not Installed

Within the game it just shows me that Clio_PC is not installed.

However via the mod manager I can see that Clio_PC is installed.

Any ideas?

5. Scott Beck

Scott Beck Registered

You need to get the new Senna mod made for build 101.

There is 1 server running the 101 mod on the list. That's where I downloaded it from.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2012
  6. Magus

Magus Registered

:rolleyes: That would explain it...

Thanks man! :)

7. Laurent Resende

Laurent Resende Registered

same for me "mod clio_pc no installed "!!!!

8. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Why do we have to have certain tracks to install this car ( or any other car etc )

& what is a "V" mod ?

Is it because we're in beta?

9. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

Ok, now this: http://www.drivingitalia.net/forum/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=4101

What i do? Install over oder version or uninstall older version before install this?

edit: ok, i manage to get things working by downloading with the tool "get mod" in a server for build 101.
    Only file missing its Htopeka something but already download.
    But the ffb effects are terrible. Seems rf1 without leo plugin properly set up with realfeel combination.
    The Clios ffb effects are much greater than with this mod.
    And the has no, i don´t know the name in english, that thing above dashboard written tag heur if can remember. I think it is a kind of wind deflector. Not sure the name.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2012
  10. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

a vmod is a virtual mod that uses specific content that is not provided by the author, but already exists in other mods or original content.

As to why mods have track requirements, I would guess that it is mostly the vmods that have this issue, but I could be wrong. Regardless though, I wish people that put out cars could do so without having track requirements as well.

11. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

Generally tracks don't have any requirements.
    Car mods can have requirements (but they do not require tracks). In this case I guess the series uses some content from the clio mod and this is why it is required to be installed.

A virtual mod (vmod) is basically the same as a (normal) mod except it doesn't actually have any content - you have to get the content before you install and use the vmod.
    So vmod is basically a shopping list of content (cars, tracks and sometimes other stuff) you have to get.

PS: For all available locations(tracks) I have created a torrent (will be updated regularly) exactly for the purpose to prevent this kind of issues with missing locations. See here for download: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/7103-Download-All-locations-%28torrent%29

12. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

I am no modder, but if car mods don't require tracks, why is it when I have installed some car mods, they won't install unless I have specific tracks installed?

13. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Is this mod any good ??

14. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

Hard to say because you didn't say what car mods you were talking about but my first guess is that you installed a vmod for some car series. Usually people release the car mod and also vmod for it or else the car mod (if it doesn't include tracks also) by itself is "useless" (you can only race if you select the all cars & tracks mod).

15. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

@Abriel Nei: Actually that is the way I race normally. I choose all cars and tracks and practice my racing. I am not interested in an offline series or event calendar, and when I find the right place and time to race online against real people, I still won't need any other tracks other than what is required from the online racing. For those reasons, I would prefer that all cars be released with no track association, and yes I realize that some might be vmods, but I should be able to avoid those hopefully in the future so I won't have to have content I don't wish to use.

16. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

I agree, that's why I said that car mods don't require tracks and also tracks don't require car mods. That is the common sense solution so anyone can install every possible car/track combination. Only vmods should have car and track requirements.
    That said - you can always find someone that bends "the rules" a little... :)

17. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

"Just" because of the ffb, i don´t think so.
    Wich is a shame because i love this F1 times, and could play even if the graphics are less than rf2 capabilities. But with no good ffb i can not enjoy.

18. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Sluishailton

Cheers, ffb is very important to me so I'll give this one a miss then , thanks

Maybe the f2 release from ISI will be good hopefully this month

19. rivaltr

rivaltr Registered

I cant get this mod anywhere and online it doesnt let me download everything which needed for the mod anyone has any links or suggestions?

20. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

yes, we have

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.