Senna 88 and Formula V6 BETA mod

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Marco Bijl, Jun 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl Registered

Just noticed there are 2 new mods on the servers. Downloadable via the multiplayer screen.

Anyone has some info on them? Are they legal?
    I haven't seen anything about them yet.

2. FONismo

FONismo Registered

They are pretty average conversions from what i have played of them but still beta so may change. Whether they are legal or not i don't know but not for me. Too much of an rF1 vibe going on for me personally. I will await ISI's

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2012
  3. daWave

daWave Registered

well, dont know if they're legal or not, or where they came from... but for me they drive great, sound great and look good. Easier to drive than FR3.5 and FISI but really lot of fun. For me it was just worth the simple 'get mod'-click ;) try it guys

4. smartin13

smartin13 Registered

i dont think that Reiza Studios give permits for this mod

5. Salajutsu

Salajutsu Registered

I've tried the 'get-mod' click feature, it works on some things, others not, but it's still really neat. There was some servers I didn't know where to find their version of a .vmod, but now that doesn't even matter :D

6. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I don't know if the model is from GSC, but the sounds are ripped from F1SR 1994 mod from what I've read.

The car is pinned to the road. I like actually like this, since it's finally a formula 1 car I can drive.

7. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl Registered

Thanks for the comments guys! Appreciate it.

Figured the chances where big that this was not a legal mod, as I did not hear anything about it.

8. michael1

michael1 Banned

Its certanly not legal its a formula one car they are all illegal every one of them but its not riped from anything as its the authors car 1 of 60 cars F1RACING-UK will release over the next few weeks under our fair use policy. no i never made it so lay off it.The author asked me to keep it out of the forums and away from self-described Internet vigilantes were we have no control over the trolling and people trying to destroy rf2.

They will be the best cars ever in simracing.

A1GP Next it is a scrach buid from a Dutch author the rest are secret.

View attachment 2782

the senna mod is based on the senna movie

Racedepartment have no permission to post this mod or anyother of ours on their site same goes for you jhon at your f1 classic site unless the author makes the post.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2012
  9. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

10. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl Registered

Lol ;) I was making a serious reply, but can't do it anymore. Sorry Michael, but even if I try I can't take you serious anymore with comments like that....

Next time if something needs to be kept to your(or any other associates) self, disable the download funtion ok :) Now it's been posted in a downloadable way, without any password protection or something like that, so publicly available, so there is no limitation to upload it onto the net by anyone. You are to late with that comment about permission :)

Don't worry, I will not do it, as I still have my doubts about the mod (quality wise, and in terms of legalness), but next time, those who host the servers better think first, and then post :) Ow, and this is not a flame, just a tip to you or the ones that host the mod! It's ment to be constructive.

11. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

The senna 88 mod seems pretty good to me, although it doesn't have the quality of braking feedback that the base ISI stuff has, but most people seem to be able to drive it well, whereas the FISI is much harder to drive and you sometimes see huge gaps between drivers on the timesheets.

12. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

This one seems a big spongier vs GSC's, which can snap if you over do it, but it's a decent sim car, and IMO, much better than the other V6 turbo mod which is bordering on gripfesty.....but that's the beauty of choice, people can drive whatever cars they most prefer.

13. FONismo

FONismo Registered

It's more the quality of the conversion i think is poor with it's wheels made from Lego and just doesn't have a quality touch to it. Too many things taken from various mods for my liking. Just felt like i was back on rF1 but if you guys like it then cool but not for me

14. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

That's cool, but isn't it pre-alpha, LOL.
    Actually, I noticed on both the senna 88 and the other v6 turbo, neither had visible wheels in the showroom, is that a coincidence or is that how rf1/2 indicates a mod is unfinished...?

15. FONismo

FONismo Registered

No!!! I hate that word " Pre-Alpha " my god i despise that word these days, it's the easiest excuse you can use ;). Either way Marco asked for opinions and i gave mine based on what we have now and for me as said it's pretty meh. I did say it could change but i don't like the mixture of mods going on here to create this.

16. michael1

michael1 Banned

That cool dont worry auto download is great 60 cars is alot of posts on the net to do when you can just take your pick from the server list an a senna movie mod is a great idea

17. Pauli Partanen

Pauli Partanen Registered

I think this amazing! It's easier to drive than other mods, but is perfect for multiplayer racing. And sounds are perfect!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCG66il-d_Y&feature=related

If you compare that video and mod, Senna's brakes, uses throttle and steers the car the same way I would do in game (well atleat with good settings, default is very bad). And that is enough for me :) I don't mean that this mod is 100% simulator, but not too arcade.

Mod still has problems, but hopefully they will be fixed on final version. Graphics are little bit outdated, but that doesn't really bother me.

18. michael1

michael1 Banned

Cool thanks but what about all the codemasters and simbin cars i downloaded from your forum converted to rf1 did you miss something not to mention the simraceway cars i also payed for.

ISI Close this thred please its going bad again.

19. michael1

michael1 Banned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ScvVhtTTMg better vid

20. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Yup. it may look like a beta and the grip may be set high, but it sure is fun and really gives you that feeling that you are only barely in control of a monster. The wheels need work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.