Is there no interest in the 60's F1 cars?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ricknau, May 26, 2012.

1. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

2. Yarach

Yarach Registered

I was racing yesterday at my uncle's place, the first time as "de witte". Too bad I crashed too often XD. I am not used to his setup.

3. smartin13

smartin13 Registered

look at this vid. maybe you learn something http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=OgSiK_VarK8 ninja'd

4. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Did 4:15.2 last night in tow.

Thanks EP :)

View attachment 2719

5. tjc

tjc Registered

That`s a stonkin good time mate...

:cool:

6. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

7. MarcG

MarcG Registered

throwing the F2s around Spa is one of the glories of this game, catching a slide and holding your breath as you're a few inches away from a telegraph pole whilst beating off fast approaching AI is truly fantastic...bring on the update!!

8. tjc

tjc Registered

I agree 100%...

The F1`s right through to the F3`s at Spa is actually quite amazing and Monaco too although they are completely different tracks in every way.

Bring on the update by all means and hopefully the blacked out mirror bug will be fixed too. :)

1 person likes this.
  9. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

This video has changed the way I drive in a sim. My lap times have gotten a lot quicker and I'm more consistent too. Not only at Monaco and not only with the 1960's WCR mod. Every car I drive in a sim I'm better with because of this one small video.

Thank you.

10. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Dude! You were involved in the 1937 f1 mod? I was just getting ready to research the living legends behind this mod! I just re-discovered it. I downloaded it and tested it out a few months ago but didn't have enough time with it but now with g27 rattling decided to go back to rf1 and wow! This is honestly the best mod I have ever driven in my opinion! You are correct it is hard to drive and that is why I love it! So deep. So much going on with the car. Such great ffb. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Please never give up modding!

11. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Yeah it's funny how people spend so much time in practice online. Can they practice offline? It is especially silly when it is people who run the same track/car over and over. Maybe I'll setup a server. Never done it before.

12. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Of course I had to immediately try Malasia with 80% AI after reading this. :) Only did a couple laps b/c had to also fit in some 1937 f1 too. Yeah I agree Malasia is perfectly fine for 60s f1 and any other track for that matter. I was completely addicted to mountain forest with spark f1 and if you can drive mountain forest you can drive anything. Also, I am NOT an exceptional driver by any means. I just keep the car balanced and am judicious with the throttle. Even worse, I use clutch + h shifter and don't even heel toe so if I cando it anyone can.

13. rer8

rer8 Registered

I would like to participate... have a little mercy on an old pilot... give time in GMT... :)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2012
  14. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

Great big Tip of the Hat to ya!

I've had a shifter for years now but never used it. I just know I'll be many seconds per lap slower. Maybe if there was a requirement for everyone to use it I might give it a go. Even if I put in many hours of practice with paddles I'm rarely a top 20% driver so I figure why handicap myself further. Does fly in the face of my "I like a challenge" philosophy but I guess I like a good result better.

15. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Well it'll be interesting to see how I do online. Hopefully I can still hang, but with Clios I had to give up clutch b/c no way to keep up but they are so easy to drive there was nowhere else to make up the time.

16. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

its GMT+3

17. Mauro

Mauro Registered

18. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

You have Athens/EEST there which is GMT+3
    (or am I the only one seeing this?)

EDIT I suppose I see this because Im here lol

Yes, Italy is GMT+2

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2012
  19. elbo

elbo Registered

My interest in these would pick up immensely if a working clurch were implemented

20. tjc

tjc Registered

Yes a proper, working clutch would be a very good addition to rf2 for sure and surely a must have for a high quality race sim. :)