XML Changes since new build

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by Dany Mitchel, May 26, 2012.

1. Dany Mitchel

Dany Mitchel Registered

Hi Can anyone confirm that the results XML has now changed from the old build

Here is a copy of 2 Results XML 1 from before the update and 1 from after

and

This post has been edited to be more to the point and less flaming

What has happened to XML
    Where are the race results Now Kept
    What Format do the race results now write to
    can we view race results
    are the race results still apart of the game are are they now all web based ?

can some please help out any of them questions
    I have 17 guys all wishing to know the exact same thing

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2012
  2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

:sigh: altogether now...ITS A BETA!!! Come on mate you must realise that as a Beta the games state will change when updates are released right? Running a league based on a Beta product is very risky as its obvious things will change, get fixed, new bugs found etc etc etc the list is endless etc etc etc.

So next time before you rant off about how its ruined everything, stop and think....is this a Beta? yes it is...

3. Dany Mitchel

Dany Mitchel Registered

I know what a beta is and it is now a pre alpha but that is not the point the fact that they said they was thinking on changing it all to a web based system why did they also not just leave the results XML as it was it did not harm and in a very small file and your post helps no one just some one else coming telling rubbish I already know and adding nothing to the thread

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

your whole tone in your OP does'nt exactly give you a lot of credit, if you asked politely why its changed, what future plans are for it then maybe you'd get a better response. But instead you come across as a spoilt simracer who did'nt get his desired wheel & pedals combo and kicked off!
    So next time if you want a normal straight answer try being more poilte about it and asking nicely!...and if you knows its a beta then why did you noot expect changes to happen!?!

5. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

i cannot see nothing wrong in his post. he didn't insult anyone. he is disgusted. we asked isi to give feedback and looks like they failed. nothing to be thankful for.

it's nothing about oranize leagues during beta. there are a lot of developers working with results and they deserve to be informed about changes

1 person likes this.
  6. Dany Mitchel

Dany Mitchel Registered

Exactly MaXyM Totally Disgusted at what they have done

I know the game is going to change and the pace it is going I am not flaming in the forums about it
    I know they are a small team
    What I wish to know is why have they cut all results support for XML Has the Web Base system been launched and if so where can I log in to it

7. frankwer

frankwer Registered

Is the new format a tab-seperated csv structure?

8. Fergy

Fergy Registered

Knowing how much work Dany put into this I feel his frustration. I don't see an ISI badge on MarcG:p profile and if someone is annoyed don't fight fire with fire. If you have something constructive to say say it. If not...
    Some help from ISI on this would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2012
  9. MarcG

MarcG Registered

MaXyM not agreeing with me?!?! NEVER ;)

If he worded the original post better then its plain to see he would get a better response and one maybe from ISI themselves, to me IMO he's come across all wrong....and you all know by now that I have a say in EVERYTHING round here :p

10. Dany Mitchel

Dany Mitchel Registered

Ok I edit the 1st post to be more ISI member friendly
    lets hope no one finds this out of order and none ISI compatible

11. MarcG

MarcG Registered

12. Dany Mitchel

Dany Mitchel Registered

so you know about gaming and development then do you I take it the way you are talking you understand why they have stopped the XML export
    because you keep rattling alone how it is a beta and the game is going to change I just wanted to know how qualified you are to make these statements. I have a feeling you know just about enough to F*** it up and not enough to do anything about it.
    They could of easily done what they had to do and left the XML export alone even if they have a new system in place the file size was Kb and had a 0 impact on the client or the dedicated server so Bill gate please tell me what it is they have done or fixed in taking the XML results out of the game

13. MarcG

MarcG Registered

crikey you are mega pissed off with that aint ya!? I posted that link to be used as a broad spectrum to Beta related material, ANYTHING can be changed, fiddled with, deleted during the Beta process no matter how small or of little impact. If you cant see that then god help you son, if you cant wait for the Gold release before creating things then god help you again.

oh and being a gaming developer has nothing to do with understanding what a beta is about, if you think like that then aybe you need to think outside the box some more!

14. MJP

MJP Registered

Perhaps it's an online thing, just run an AI race offline and the race results XML looks pretty much the same as in previous builds to me.

1 person likes this.
  15. Dany Mitchel

Dany Mitchel Registered

LOL what ever if you new just a little bit about what we was talking about then I might taken heed to what you posted I am talking about their new web based results system they mentioned in the forums so I know change was coming I have no misunderstanding of that, what your misunderstanding is why did they stop the XML results what have they achieved from this what exactly have they done to make the resulting of the races, now if you cant get with with conversation then please go troll someone else's thread.

OK Thx MJP will take a look at that I might be able to use a client XML instead of the Dedicated XML Kudos Good Post

@MarcG can you see what a good post is some one that has something creative to say instead of being a forum Troll

16. MarcG

MarcG Registered

wow never been called a Troll before, especially when stating its a Beta and you need to EXPECT changes, thanks I feel priviledged!

Again your OP was a bit cry baby, thats why i got on your back to make you realise but instead you rant off anyway, good luck in whatever it is you're creating with the results files....I hope its an Offline Championship tool!

17. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

I checked the exports from rF2 dedicated server, and even if I backed up Danny because of MarcG reaction, I have to be fair and say that results from dedicated server, at least on 2 machines I tested, are unchanged. At least in way to affect SLS result parser.

Both servers I tested has been updated from previous version.

1 person likes this.
  18. Dany Mitchel

Dany Mitchel Registered

I ended up using a client XMl worked OK So I am not to sure why our dedicated server xml is different to your but thanks for your support

1 person likes this.
  19. Radar

Radar Registered

It was mentioned from the beginning BEFORE Beta release that many things will change including the way results were recorded.. I can't find the article that was written / said by either Gjon or Tim, but I'm pretty sure I recall reading that the current results in XML will go as it won't be able record enough information required with all the new features..

Features like Real Road data being recorded, Tire information, weather etc etc etc..

You have to understand, that the 'results' file is not just for the results, it has many other important information in it, who knows, maybe Replay files could read this information into the final release..

Anyway, I'm sure I read that the 'Results' file would end up being a DAT file rather than the XML file you are familar with now.. I would not be surprised if what you are seeing is 'part' of this transition to the new recording method.