[Request] Ginetta Jr, GT Supercup & GT5 Challenge

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Provost, May 25, 2012.

1. Provost

Provost Registered

Hay guys,
    I have never seen a sim with any Ginetta car / championships in it. And I think that rF2 should be the first.
    Would love...

Ginetta Junior Championship
    Ginetta GT Supercup
    Ginetta GT5 Challenge

But would love the Junior the most.
    Go here >> http://www.ginetta.com for info one all the championships.

Please can someone make this mod. I think that it would be really good.

Thanks,
    J.Provost

2. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

I know GT4 is under development, build from scratch :)
    [​IMG]

3. Provost

Provost Registered

Ow didn't see this, :p

4. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Ginetta and Ginetta Jr's would be a great add on for the game. I haven't seen it for Race 07 or anything else either.

5. FONismo

FONismo Registered

It looks good there as a render but from what i see of the cockpit it looked very poor. Maybe it was very early stuff that i see though

6. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

How can you see cockpit? ;)
    BTW cockpit constantly goes better. It needs a lot of work yet. Even if ISI added shaders with Fresnel, currently are applicable only on glossy materials. There are still no possibility to create material diffusing light (matte one). For such kind of materials, blurred cube map is needed. Our artists still waiting for this technology in rF2 focusing on modelling and texturing out of rF2.

7. FONismo

FONismo Registered

I have seen the video on Youtube going round the oval track from the Mod Dev part and also the WIP shots

EDIT: Link added

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2012
  8. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

I'm impressed, you are indeed great digger :). This video was LCD test rather then anything else, as far as I know

Here are current state of dashboard, unfortunately without ambient occlusion.
    New shaders allow to add AO, unfortunately looks like UV for AO is hardocded to be taken from T0 texture. It makes impossible to use small diffuse/normal pattern bitmap together with AO mapped for whole object. It forces to create big texture (to make pattern details not distorted) which is not wise from optimization point of view. With interdependent AO, it would be possible to use small textures for pattern and quite lowres texture for AO (as it doesn't need to be hi-res) - I must say it: KS shaders for rF1 can do that ;)

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2012
  9. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Yes, that looks alot better now. Like i said above, what i had seen was possibly early stuff and it didn't impress but it's improved now. The dashboard looks more dynamic there

10. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

Mod is in under development. It isn't even half finished.

You don't need to worry about quality of this car ;)

Those are renders of another car made by this guy almost 8 (yes, eight) years ago.
    He knows how to build a car :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Cleverleyson

Cleverleyson Registered

yumyumyumyumyumyum

12. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Just like tracks by feels3 though - don't expect this kind of stuff to make it into rF2 early.

Graphics engine and shaders are still being developed in rF2, that's why it's not a good time to release quality mods. We will see what gold version will bring - whenever these guys will be able to create the look they want or will I develop some custom shaders for them.

One way or another - this will be good stuff :)

13. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Exactly! And that's the reason the video i see that i posted, i was dissapointed with. As said then though in original post it may well of been early footage and this has now been confirmed by Maxy.

The last thing rF2 needs is half arsed conversions and so i appreciate proper scratch built content. What i see of the early stuff of that Ginetta just looked like an average conversion and didn't impress. I just really don't want to see rF2 heading the same direction as rF1 and having 60% of mods being pointless conversions and the rest decent quality stuff.

I know it's inevitable that indeed rF2 will have lower quality content, i just hope this time round that the quality outnumbers the less quality stuff. What we have seen so far from guys like Tuttle and Feels etc seems to suggest that rF2 may well be different this time.