Build 85 Discussion Mk II

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, May 23, 2012.

1. Panigale

Panigale Banned

JvM, many thanks amigo! Exactly what I needed to do.
    I changed the 31 and the 37 defaults both to 1 like the rest of the vib settings and it is 100% better for me now.

2. JvM

JvM Registered

You're welcome, good that it helped. :)

3. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

That option exists right in the display settings. Did in rF1 as well.

4. Draven

Draven Registered

I have a problem with build 85 all tracks and cars are updated but when I drive any car it jumps between front view and rear view. Frustrating - any thoughts ? Or possible solutions ?

5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Only thing I think can be happening is that you mapped the rear view key to something which is sticking/activating by itself/you are activating and not realizing it.

6. Cellux

Cellux Registered

Have you considered reducing / removing the shaking from the default settings? Some shaking is not a problem in real life because the inner ear compensates to the point our vision is not affected. This is not happening while sitting still in front of a simulator, so in fact showing no shaking on the screen is both more realistic and better for our health. :)

7. Draven

Draven Registered

Only thing I think can be happening is that you mapped the rear view key to something which is sticking/activating by itself/you are activating and not realizing it.

I will give that a try, thanks tim - I did notice that under hard acceleration/and aggressive wheel movement it occurs - while less vigorous activity does not trigger it. I am running fanatec clubsport pedals a g27 and a thrustmaster Ferrari f1 wheel with a quick release which I retrofitted with a Leo Bodnar SLI PRO- it's late in Sydney now will try tomorrow. Thx

8. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Well if you can leave the car around you shaking and the road in front of you SORT OF still that would be best. Stopping all vibration movement only works in full motion sims.

9. punkstjimmy

punkstjimmy Registered

Just wondering about the weather system.

In the initial release I know a lot of the climatic effects weren't active, I'm just wondering if anyone knows if the wind and temperature now work or if it's still something that's in development?

10. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Wind at least doesn't seem to affect physics at the moment.

11. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

Can't wait for wind effects, will bring a whole new dimension to the racing...will have to open my visor! joking aside I really am looking forward to enhanced weather, imagine the rain getting lashed around by a strong wind? awesome.

12. Jos

Jos Registered

The megane has a unusable windscreen in al cars and tracks mode but in normal mode its fine.

13. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Well not just that. With wind behind you might have to brake or lift earlier than you did without it. It's another thing that makes rF2 dynamic and not static. I'm looking forward to a lit of those 'little' things being turned on.

The Indy oval is a great real world example for wind making a big difference. It's really important to watch the wind sock on the scoring tower. You can get a couple of miles an hour from the right gust or even spin out with the wrong one when fully trimmed out.

14. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

A lot of things about rF2 are going to change sim racing forever. This is going to be the FIRST real sim.

15. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

If you ever raced a real car you would realise that rf2 is much closer to reality than lets say netkar pro where your view is frozen and looks like you are going 5 mph, riding on a pillow cloud, thats a joke. You get beat up in a real race car LITERALLY, yes your inner ear compensates, but trust me your view still does get shaken up. if I were to grab your head and body and shake the crap out of it, although your inner ear would allow your eyes to stay on a certain object, your view and peripheral vision would still be getting the hell shaken out of it, and the object your looking at wont be perfectly sharp, it would be sort of blurry and shaky aswell and moving around aswell, although your inner ear allows you to keep your eyes tracking on it, its still getting shaken around in your view, your getting shaken, bumped around, everythings vibrating like crazy, etc etc etc its a VERY VISCERAL AND PHYSICAL ride, and if you want to be as close to reality as possible, honestly rf1 and rf2 are by far the closest to giving you that "senes getting almost overwhelmed, super intense and demanding, everything is shaking, bumping, vibrating", experience that you get when your in a real race car.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2012
  16. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I was in a school F2000, sort of like the rtrainer, the school version not the advanced rtrainer (very high performance street tyres instead of slicks, engine detuned, no rollbars, softer more forgiving shocks and springs setup etc etc) when I was helping out as an instructor, and during the last hour or 2 the wind got VERY strong, and on the back straight my car was literally getting pulled to the right I had to keep correcting and straightening out the car, it almost felt like turbulence on a plane, but horizontally instead of vertically, and it was maybe a little more gradual and less sudden than you would get with turbulence on a plane. I didnt notice it as much in other parts as the speeds are lower, but on the back straight when we were up to lets say 150 to 180 km/h man was it ever moving my car around, not sure how visible it would have been from trackside observers or even an onboard cam, but to the one in the car driving it was pretty shocking at first,

17. TonyRickard

TonyRickard Registered

I can see the effect it is attempting to convey. However, our eyes are very good shock absorbers. Focus on the this text and bounce your head up and down and the text doesn't move but you can feel your head moving. Unless the sim can physically bounce us around the world shaking is the only substitute. It doesn't really work for me but does for others so having the option is good.

My only concern would be that those that don't relate to it can't find the option before dismissing the experience as wrong in their view.

18. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

lol
    (I must remember this, usefull ,usefull...)

19. zemaniac

zemaniac Registered

LOL you have a point, sir :D

20. coops

coops Banned

+1 lol