Build 85 Discussion Mk II

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, May 23, 2012.

1. Michael Borda

Michael Borda Car Team

You can't really isolate the two, it comes mostly from suspension design. For some vehicles you may be able to reduce your caster angle a bit and increase the FFB Mult instead, but there are potential compromises in that. Still if it helps you get a better feel, reducing caster by a degree may be helpful, and to compensate for the overall weakened FFB strength as a result, increasing the multiplier to get it back to where you are happy.. Essentially you should get more 'tyre feel'.

2. rer8

rer8 Registered

Thank you, John. I was just about to shut it down for the evening. I will get right to work. I will also report back.
    RR

3. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Just a question: I assume the up and down motion of tyres (on bumps and off-road) shouldn't really shake the steering rack sideways that much, so you're inputting both up and down and side to side movements to the FFB to make the bumps etc. stand out more than they would with a pure steering rack solution. Would it be possible to implement a slider or at least a controller file parameter that allowed you to scale these forces, or selectively dampen only the up/down forces?

4. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

[​IMG]

If 100% total realism is to be realized the only place FFB should be generated is on the squeezing and pulling of the Steering rack. This is affected by caster, suspension geometry, tire grip, etc but it all still comes down to this single piece.

Now since the steering rack won't tell a stationary driver if the rear-end is coming out the sim needs to "fake" in some sort of reaction to the change in orientation of the rear of the car or tire slip. The only time you wouldn't need to fake anything is if you had a motion rig that could give you all the extra forces telling you about the physics of the car and your steering wheel would be set to only emulate the forces from the rack.

5. rer8

rer8 Registered

John, Thank you so very much. There is simply no way I would have ever known that I needed to install the Masters LAST. Here are a couple of differences that worked for me. Since I had already removed the program more than 4 times in the last 18 hours, I could not use the upgrade method. I went to the Control Panel and Programs and features in Win 7, and removed rF2. I then went to "My Documents" and removed the complete rFactor2 folder. From there I did the Build_85 install, then the updates/installs like you said. I did go to the "Core" folder and finish by adding ISI1052-10-FormulaISIr. If others are doing this method, may I suggest that you be very methodical as you install/update all of these files.
    It now works perfectly. Spread the word. See you on the track. I owe you a beer mate. :) Randy maybe 2. ;)

6. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

I didn't though, installed it before any of the other updated rfmods and worked fine. So not a hard rule.

7. coops

coops Banned

ISI well done on the latest update. This build has got myself and others i know back into giving it a good workout, were enjoying it very much at the moment. looking forward to more updates. i know there are still little problems but let others talk about that.

8. Mr.Ferret

Mr.Ferret Registered

So does the 3.5 have drs as well, I think I saw that it does in real life now but I'm not too sure?

9. lezec

lezec Registered

Great job on the last update ISI. The new formula feels great and the graphics update seems to going to the right direction.
    Keep up good work.

10. Kev

Kev Registered

Yep, they have DRS. It was introduced this year with new chasis, so last year's car in rFactor2's Formula Renault don't have it.

11. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

No, because the thread told to update everything (I would have done it anyway).

12. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Is it just me or does anyone feel like the balance has changed since the update?

Also ffb is now feeling stiffer and with less sensitive feedback. Don't know if it's all in my head or that there is a real change?

Logitech G25 here.

13. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

14. RbNoS1

RbNoS1 Registered

mans how to set DRS?

15. MJP

MJP Registered

Ingame go to Settings>Controls>Driving scroll down to Rear Flap then assign a button or key.

16. JvM

JvM Registered

Nice, does the DRS close when brake is applied?

17. RbNoS1

RbNoS1 Registered

rhanks :)

18. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

yes

19. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Yes, it tells. There is no need to fake anything.
    When your car in real life starts to slide it's the rear tires, not front that loose grip and make the back of the car go sideways.. Front tires have grip. So, front tires keeps their direction while rear slides out. The car goes sideways, front tyres holds nicely and it's the body that sort of rotates around front geometry, forcing steering wheel to turn.

If you have LEGO Technics then build a simple car with a steering rack. When done, grab both front tyres with your one hand and keep them steady. With your second hand, grab rear of the car and move it sideways. Steering wheel will move in a countersteering manner. That's exactly what happens when you start to oversteer a real car... and how it should be in our simulators.

20. JvM

JvM Registered

Indeed ^

Thanks, gotta try it asap. And check how much it improves the laptime. :)