Build 85 Discussion Mk II

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, May 23, 2012.

1. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Just report such posts every time you stumble upon one - that's what I do and that's what I did. No need to post any reply or express your disapproval. Just report and carry on :)

1 person likes this.
  2. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

What I seem to be seeing in build 85 is that my FPS are just a little lower than before and lack the wide swings I previously had. Where I might have had moments in the past where the FPS would spike from say low 50's to 60 for a couple of seconds, it now holds more steady. Which means my highs are not as high. And even though it is a little lower on average I'd swear it looks to the eye to be a little smoother. But that can be so subjective and hard to judge. Could be placebo effect. Or maybe the reductuion of volitility has eliminated brief flashes of very slow FPS. FPS moments that could have created jerkiness even though the number displayed (an average) would not reveal where the FPS bottomed out. I am so full of layman's theories! One thing is not a theory though, my average FPS is a little lower.

I'm still waiting for (and wondering if it will even be possible) that silver bullet that will prevent multi-view from whacking my FPS by 40%. Same for shadows.

BTW... @spyder I am using 3 screens with no problem. I use the 296.10 nvidia drivers. Hope you get that sorted out.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2012
  3. MJP

MJP Registered

Apologies if this has already been mentioned (or tried as it's reasonably obvious) but isn't this essentially what the 'skip updates' controller INI hack does. I know it was primarily touted for fixed falling out of realtime issues but it's easy enough to check out to see if it makes any difference?

4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Thanks for posting that. The last page or so has led to a few warnings so far, hoping those warnings will lead to some learning rather than bans.

5. JvM

JvM Registered

I think today is a good day for the 60's update, right Tim? :D

6. Mulero

Mulero Registered

Someone can tell me which is the green bar when you press Control + F and that means when a red bar appears below?

Thanks. :)

7. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Well OK, the Megane IS the closest comparison, but the cars are still very different. =)

I don't feel like the GT cars are too slippery. The GT4 is very close to being street legal and behaves like that, and the GT1 is a powerful beast of a car. Braking feels powerful, acceleration grip is great, and high speed corners can be taken with ease. The only times they don't feel as planted are if you are a bit over eager during corner exits, they can be a bit tail happy if you're too harsh with the throttle before the car is balanced. This is more of a setup issue though. The default setup also has huge amounts of camber, way too much really. The difference in temps is usually closer to 20-30 degrees celsius than the 5-10 degrees most suspension setup guides (and Race2Play setup creator) suggest, so there is very little rubber on the road with those settings.

I do need to say that while the cars do behave better and the tyres warm up better than before, there's still work to be done. Earlier I was struggling to get the tyre temps over 40 degrees unless sliding way too much, now I tend to level at about the 60 degree mark. Isn't the proper operating temperature of most racing tyres around 80-100 degrees? Getting and the tyres there is still next to impossible without sliding the car around.

8. F1lover

F1lover Registered

Guessing here.. Green is your GFX processor performance .. the more green the smoother frame rates.. the red bar below indicates Clipping.. (again i think..)

9. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

As far as I know it is video memory usage. If green, all textures are fit into memory. If yellow, textures are down-sampled by 2 to fit into memory. If red, textures are downsampled more to fit into memory.

10. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

And what if grey? ;)

I don't have any colours.

11. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

You won't have it this weekend, unfortunately.

12. Mulero

Mulero Registered

Thank you both for the quick response. I am having many performance problems in the race and do not know why.

With exactly the same configuration sometimes works fine and sometimes works wrong. It's completely random and I'm testing to see if I find out that it occurs.

The bar appears just below always green but I get a very thin red bar flashes or remains fixed when the game crashes.

Had taken a screenshots but not saved.

13. fastfezzer

fastfezzer Registered

Just out of interest. On the topic of track rubbering, in offline mode, say we go out for a practice session and give the track 30 laps, then exit and close rF2. The following day I set up a race with AI at the same track, will it be as I left it the previous day?

Thanks.

14. Cangrejo

Cangrejo Registered

Also happen to me, sometimes I start the game and the fps are very low and the game is very slow. I also see a flashing red bar.

Right now I've been restarting the game 4 times and is very slow

When the game works fine I have no performance problem.

Anyway in the build 69 also happened to me sometimes

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2012
  15. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Nope, even going back to the main menu will reset it.

16. nickbalti

nickbalti Registered

Random issue - when racing you've got that bar at the bottom to show you where you and the cars are - well mine is massive! about the size of a 5p coin! I cannot see if cars are nearby etc.

Any ideas?

17. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

Hm that bug appeared in the testings and should be fixed, i am going to forward this.

18. MarcG

MarcG Registered

ok done more racing both on and offline but as its sooo muggy and hot down here I had to give up due to sweat issues!

Anyway: As before Performance is greatly enhanced, it "feels" more like rF1 now with the smoothness. Even though I've not had my new GPU that long I did notice it in B69 as I did with my previous 9600GT....it just was'nt smooth but now it is. I'm able to run High Shadows (low only in B69) with just enough FPS to make it worthwhile, obviously depends on car/track combo but it looks so much better than Low.

The 370z does odd things when at Mills (just raced online), seems the grip levels suddenly drop even though I stayed on line and did'nt go onto the marbles or anything, really weird as though you suddenly hit an oil slick and you lose grip but driving the exact same line the next lap and everythings fine.

Would REALLY like to see a Changelog of the MOD Updates, sure you cant write everything down but it would be handy to know what physics/other changes have been made to the Mods, might even help with doing setups compared to B69.

For the next Build I'd like to see:
    Better 5.1/7.1 Surround Sound.
    Mods linked to Tracks debacle dealt with or at least word from ISI about it.
    Further optimisation, not much left IMO but a little tweak here and there would'nt go a miss, maybe Bug fixes help with that (Online shadow bug for example)
    Server Settings page for Online use so us non-admins know the Race length when joining in Practice or Qually.
    many other things I wont bore you with, the above are the most important to me personally.

Finally I still feel someone at ISI can write a few paragraphs every 2 or 3 weeks to keep us informed, at least tell us your plans for the Modding System (afterall this is a Modders Beta right!?!). The mass silence inbetween updates (apart from Tim saying what he can) is very strange, personally I see no harm in being "kept in the loop" as each build progresses before its released to us.

19. Mitt Wilson

Mitt Wilson Registered

I got a couple of things:
    370Z issues: In Car drivers windshield wiper blinking.
    InCar Dosent feel like parts are scaled right ie: Mirrors are bigger than the steering wheel...
    Only right wheel steering.
    Engine sounds really high pitched.
    Hard to tell that your driving a RWD race car ie: there is very little difference between the tire grip levels from say the F3 to the 370Z.

Pros:
    Lighting is Great- cant use FXAA and HDR they conflict with each other causing bad reflections, But the In Car view with camera on Dashboard is OMG Beautiful !!!
    Tires giving the bouncing feeling when pushed to hard around a turn, man I thought I was tripping but then I tried it again and I really got the feeling when the tires just simply can't handle the g-forces! :)

Tested only on 370Z everything on FULL or Max @ 92 FPS.
    NO REFLECTIONS OR FXAA- TO CONFLICTING.

20. Spacekid

Spacekid Registered

The rubber stays only for a race weekend. If you go back to the main menu, the rubber is gone.