Build 85 Discussion Mk II

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, May 23, 2012.

1. blakboks

blakboks Registered

If they're bad, keep off those, too. :) You see pro drivers avoiding certain curbs all the time in real-life racing.

Besides, as I understand it, about the only thing you can do, really, is to soften up the FFB--but then you're likely to complain about not having any feeling in the wheel. Since the FFB is being simulated, there's not much that ISI can do. Have you tried messing with your settings in Logitech Profiler or increasing the filtering in config.ini (or is it player.plr--I forget and I don't have it in front of me)?

My G25 "broke" from the rumbling from the first release, but it was a pretty simple fix. Literally, all you need is a couple of screwdrivers and some superglue. Now that I know how easy it is to repair, I'm really not too worried about the shaking, myself--I'd rather have the precision of FFB.

But hey, if you're not willing to make those relatively simple concessions, don't be surprised if your cries fall on deaf ears.

2. SteveGee

SteveGee Registered

Was wondering if/when templates for the Formula ISI's would be posted.

3. liebestod

liebestod Registered

Is there a list of "correct" Degrees of Rotation settings for each car? It's ultimately a decision based on preference, of course, but I'd like to know the proper starting point.

4. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

I'm just making simple statements of fact as it relates to me, but there must be 1000's of G27 owners who don't relish any software breaking their wheel.
    some of the comments from fanboys defies belief....and if it was down to you, most software would be in a worse state as you worship developers and can't stand any criticism.

5. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

They're not that comparable really. The Megane is a silhouette racer with a full on tube chassis and just a fiberglass body on top of it to keep up appearances, whereas GT cars need to actually share parts with the base car. Looking the specs the Megane is almost 300 kg lighter than the GT1 GT-R, GT1 cars are limited to 1250 kg whereas the Megane is quoted here as being 980 kg

About the only thing the GT1 car has on the Megane (newest, don't know the specs for the one in the game) is power, around 200 bhp more (400->600).

6. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Don't know about a list, but you can go into the controller setup and turn on automatic steering wheel range limiter (Vehicle Set, right next to the control to change wheel range). That should give you accurate results.

Personally I hope that this would later be changed to the system pCARS uses, which is a simple steering ratio adjustment. No need to separately adjust steering wheel range in the options and turning lock in the setup. The car has a maximum turning lock built in, and you adjust the ratio so that the steering response is either as slow or fast as you want. If maximum wheel lock happens before the steering wheel reaches 900, then you cap it, just like now. And if you want a really slow steering then you'll run out of steering wheel range before you hit the wheel lock. The system also works equally well for 180, 270, 540, 900, 1080 or whatever degree wheel you happen to have.

Say what you will about pCARS, that is one aspect they've done fantastically. You're adjusting steering ratio anyway, so why not do it with one control instead of two?

7. osella

osella Registered

Sorry but if this post isnt fanboyism I dont what is. I find the "rattling" with my g25 unacceptable as well. Saying Theres nothing ISI can do about it is pitiful. It doesnt happen in rf1 with realfeel, or absolutely any other sim there is. Saying it simulates real life violent shaking of the wheel is not an argument either. In that case, there should be somebody standing behind us and when we crash he should smack us with hammer in the head, because in real life you can get injured.

It is likely to decrease lifetime of our hardware, this is BAD.

For the record, I want to run 100% force in profiler and 100% force ingame because then the ffb on tarmac is indeed fantastic. But...

To make it sound less negative. I know this is beta, so I will tolerate it for that time. But imagine if it will be the same in full version - somebody buys rF2 and will have to read readme.txt to find out he has to spend 2 hours with .plr tweaks in order to protect his hardware.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2012
  8. mel1c

mel1c Registered

I see the same thing in the Megane

9. mel1c

mel1c Registered

10. Hagen Tröger

Hagen Tröger Registered

11. Tony H

Tony H Banned

faro06, are you flying & driving cars at the same time, how many monitors do u have...

all tracks & cars worked for me, i didnt completely reinstall, all works well, fps has increased on my eyefinity setup..
    car mirrors, on 60's cars are black, windscreen on cars is too yellow\washed out.

12. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

Crazy how insane some people are, but great post .
    And I'd like to race and promote rf2, but I'm hesitant of recommending it to G series owners.

13. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

A lot of effort by developing team was put in this update. Thanks ISI for that.
    Liked a lot the torque and brakes of the new kinda f1 mod you release in this update. But, since has a lot of time i didn´t play rf2, didn´t notice gain on FPS performance (still with 108 at monte carlo pit stop on start and droping to 30 when beggining of race starting back on grid with 12 visible cars and 20 on grid) and thinks HDR need improvement cause in my ati 6870 (almost everything on max settings) everethings looks with much light.
    My virtual mirros are almost black.
    The FFB appears too strong now.
    Besides graphics quality/performance wich i´m still getting use to it, the thing i´m worried with this vmod thing. Instead of working on separate cars from tracks you from ISI became with a "solution" to downloads vmods on game UI showing your goal still to maintain this kind of mode to play online making things less troubling to users.
    The same idea wich the marjority of the community rejects.
    Yesterday,few hours after the update only see 3 people online and in other server with 2 people i cannot join because i have to use determinated vmod and i´m not familiarizied how this could be did ingame but mains because i wasn´t in the mood to learn this kind of solution you provide because i didn´t think this as a solution.
    As always, sorry for the english.

14. coops

coops Banned

i run fxaa screen all black but can see gauges and lcd but the rest black. run on hdr it is a bit bright.

15. blakboks

blakboks Registered

Wow...you guys both really misunderstood me... In my mind, when I was typing it, that last statement: "But hey, if you're not willing to make those relatively simple concessions, don't be surprised if your cries fall on deaf ears." was just said matter-of-fact-ly--not like a warning, or even with a shred of emotion behind it.

I wasn't by any means reprimanding anyone or even sticking up for ISI. All I was saying was that I don't think there's any way of smoothing out the bumps, but keeping the feel...that is all... Unlike the grass, the rumble strips are actual modeled geometry, not some random noise function. You can't just 'turn it down'. And if you add filtering, you're probably going to introduce some 'lag' and a significant lack of feel. But I'm no FFB expert--maybe someone who has created FFB drivers or devices could chime in...set the record straight?

Believe me, though, I commiserate about software potentially breaking your hardware--but I see it as a hardware issue, not a software issue. I know there's crap, good, better, and best out there. I know that what I bought (just as you have--only, at least, 2 years later) is in the 'good' range. I don't expect it to last forever, but that doesn't mean that I want the software makers to pull any punches and turn my wheel into bowl of jelly--no matter if it's ISI, Kunos, iRacing, Simbin, Codemasters, etc.

Anyway, that's about all I'm going to say on that, because a.) I'm not trying to start an argument, b.) beyond what I've already said, I don't know enough to add anything else constructive.

16. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

I'm thinking this as well. Fanatec user here and I don't have any of the issues the G25/27 guys are having. I haven't heard any fanatec users complain of these problems either.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2012
  17. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

LOL, so when all my other sims are fine, it's still a HW issue....LOL, comedy gold champ, LOL.

18. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

You don't have any other sims that have real curbs and rumble strips like rF2.

Like mentioned above, they are actual modeled geometry. Not just canned effects like all the other sims.

And it's been widely reported on this forum that belt drive motor wheels like Fanatec and Thrustmaster don't have the issues that G25/27 users have.

Continue to laugh if you wish. I'm ordering a Fanatec ;)

19. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

Interesting to see if ISI ignore two of the most popular wheels.

20. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

The G27 is probably the most popular HQ wheel in existence.