Build 85 Discussion Mk II

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, May 23, 2012.

1. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

I believe he meant that rev gauge at HUD can only display up to 7000 rpm while engine in ISI FM mod can go much higher.

2. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

FR 3.5 is pretty great now. The rear end grips a lot better now and isn't nearly as skittish as it used to be (and I'm running default setup, haven't touched anything), much easier to accelerate out of corners. Small slides are almost a non-issue now, very easy to counter and can even be ignored pretty often, they'll work themselves out eventually. Before the update any small slide tended to be a scary affair. If the rear gets loose while accelerating it's usually very easy to counter it, nothing like it used to be. First lap around Sepang I purposefully abused the car a bit, and the feeling of the car, the easy and natural feeling of the saves and overall behavior were very reminiscent of nKP. Correcting the small slides felt very familiar indeed.

3. Cleverleyson

Cleverleyson Registered

I've yet to tear myself from the masters mod, for other testing. its AMAZING thanks isi. :D

4. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

I wouldn't know, the OWers rattle their heads off thru my G27 and the F3.5's sounds like a condensed fart or something.

5. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

dejavu;

Can I ask if you (ISI) are planning to release new car shaders documentation?​

6. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I think that the game is more fluid now!
    I don't have a top pc but before this Build I had every thing on low(expect the car medium)no shadow no road reflection,no morrow....50fps !now I have car+track on high shadow on medium,road reflection on,mirror on,texture on medium and full-hd....50fps and very smooth gameplay. a good step forward!
    Can't wait to upgrade my pc soon!

I love the new ffb of the Megan Trophy!

7. FONismo

FONismo Registered

That's mad! I was literally just discussing the new physics on the F3.5 and comparing them to NKP with somebody. The F1 aswell has some real nice fidelity also.

8. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

much better graphics here too (even with 9800gt).

9. hoover

hoover Registered

I fixed the slowmo / lag problem by re-installing my nvidia drivers (301.xx), GT560 here. Give it a try, I hope it helps.

Cheers, Uwe

10. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Clearly there's something behind it then. =)

11. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Don't know what to say mate. My G25 is working perfectly with the game, overall forces at 107%, other forces at 0%, and I'm allowing the game to adjust settings (to get the per car wheel lock setting working properly). Other than that I haven't touched any FFB settings in rF2.

The sounds aren't great, but they do what they need to do, which is inform you of how fast the engine is revving. They could be better, but can't say that it really detracts from the driving for me. It'd be interesting to know how a real FR 3.5 sounds in the ears of the driver. F1 cars sound almost 100% different in TV broadcasts depending on whether they're showing a trackside camera or an in-board one, and of course they also sound very different when you're actually there, not to mention that the helmet will also affect the sound greatly.

12. RafBR

RafBR Registered

Its just me or somebody noticed how the Gts are gripless? Comparing it, the meganes (the most reasonable comparison) have so much more grip. I really felt the Gts strange.

13. Spyder

Spyder Registered

Thanks Uwe, annoyingly I'm in the process of a total re-install of RF2 as I type!! Will try reverting to 301 drivers if it doesn't work ...

14. blakboks

blakboks Registered

Keep off the grass ;)

15. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

What about the rumple strips?
    The default state of b85 was so bad with G27 I can't believe anyone even drove with one...

16. Jos

Jos Registered

the ffb of the fr3.5 is pretty bad, the formula 1 ISI is much better though, but the rattling is annoying indeed with the g27, over bumps, but it also starts to happen when the tyres wear or if there is a flatspot, there is no detail in those effects, just rattling. pretty much the same as offroading, I hope this will improve.

maybe its just a g27 problem i dunno.

17. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

We have different motors though.
    Sounds in most sims suck, and rf2 is no exception:mad:

18. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

I hope so to, I was looking forward to racing OWers but I fear for my wheel.

19. hoover

hoover Registered

Are you running beta drivers? I think simply re-installing your current driver version might help. I had the problem with an internal build at first, then updated from 296 to 301 (wasn't aware there was a driver update) -> lag / slowmo fixed.

Today, I installed a fresh 85 build for the first time, again massive lag & slowmo problems. This time, I simply re-installed 301.xx and all was fine again.

HTH,

Uwe

20. Spyder

Spyder Registered

Sorry, been out for a few drinks tonight and read your first post wrong!! I'm running the latest nvidia drivers, 301.42 I think, did a clean install with them earlier this evening but had no luck. Going to have to finish my clean install of RF2 tomo now...