Build 85 Discussion Mk II

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, May 23, 2012.

1. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Any of the 60s F1 cars at Spa. Level 8 is good.

2. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I don't like the new HDR,it's like over-saturated!

3. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

All fixed, had to use mod manager to install them in a certain sequence rather than in game.

4. RafBR

RafBR Registered

All I have to say is: AMAZING!!!
    Everything maxed out with my AMD6790/i7920
    texture filter x4. I did not test more as I don think its necessary
    antialiasing x2
    Models, shadows, reflections, etc all max.
    25 cars at same time with full detail
    hdr on

All the flickering on the trees, shadows, etc are gone!

congratultions ISI. Just want to try some new tracks now :D

5. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Has it been confirmed anywhere when we will get Monza 66? Really happy with what ISI have achieved btw. Still alot of work ahead but a huge step forward IMO.

6. F1lover

F1lover Registered

bump: anyone

7. mclaren777

mclaren777 Registered

Step #1: Save the contents of your rF2 > Packages folder
    Step #2: Fully uninstall Build 69 before installing Build 85
    Step #3: Install of the base mods/updates from Packages
    Step #4: Install the updated mods that go with Build 85

Consider this a new game. Instead of updating – do a fresh install of Build 85. Get rid of anything from Build 69, including the rFactor 2 folder in your Documents directory. Don't use any previous car setups, player profiles, or controller configurations. This will help cut down on issues and it will allow you to give ISI better feedback.

Direct HTTP downloads...

Build 85 – Full Setup
    Formula Masters v1.0
    Formula Renault v1.2
    Megane Trophy v1.1
    World Endurance v1.1

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2012
  8. Spyder

Spyder Registered

Right, single 680 (stock clocks) everything maxed including AA level 8, Spark F1 Spa;

Pits : 85 Low : 66 High : 115 Avg : 90
    .... That's running on my own. With 20 AI I get 33 FPS on grid, rising to 45 through Eau Rouge then running with the pack after that between 55 and 65 fps.

Edit : interestingly running the same tests with the Meganes or F3.5s produces much higher fps in races, grid fps at 50 and running with pack 70-80.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2012
  9. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Updating mods and build, flawless victory.

Started up RF, checked monaco/'60 for abit, then the Masters on Mills, 2 laps in, HUGE PC crash. Dual monitors first went oldschool white noise , then black and then some wierd grey, i was like....wtf....then my pc started barfing at me, threw up and shut itself down. never seen that before lol.
    As per usual Window recognized an issue but was unable to determin what it was.

Its very hot here atm so it might have been an overheating issue but i'm gonna do some backups first before i return to rf2 :p

10. Nibo

Nibo Registered

So I see from publication of this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjQ_eo2zsl4 that ModID and TrackID will not be separated? If not, then its hugely disappointing. It makes my life as admin and our league participants experience more complicated. And I`m sure there was enough arguments from mod creators that it makes it harder for them also. I`m sad.

I`m sorry if I`m mistaken. But if ISI made specific video about it, than I guess it stays.

But I must say thanks for the video. At least it is clear how to do all this now. But why we will have to do this in the first place...

11. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Thanks, I appreciate it. You're getting about 10-15 more FPS than me.

12. F1lover

F1lover Registered

Nibo i sort of disagree.. this means you wont have to post what mod and track is being used and each user can download it from ISI servers.. this means no Mismatching and clicthing...

13. DrMabuse1963

DrMabuse1963 Registered

Where i can find new Track Brianza ? Cant find by Megane , GTR , F-Masteres...Ups , its from 66th , have i look to the old F1 ? I try...

Edit : no , not there...

14. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Yes, if every created virtual mod will be hosted by ISI, then its step forward for this rF2 system. But I like rF1 freedom better.

15. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Its not ready yet mate, still in testing.

16. alister667

alister667 Registered

Everything installed and ran OK for me. I did a complete re-install (i.e. uninstalled, deleted the rfactor2 directories in C:\Program Files & in My Documents and re-installed everything from scratch). Only bug I found was the F60's black mirrors.

The new Formula ISI is a great car, handles well, very sharp and you can chuck it about and feel it begin to slide. Likewise, there seems to be a big improvement in the handling of the Formula Renault 3.5 - it seems much better a low speed it could be that I'm getting more used to it, or a much better default setup perhaps, but it seems to handle now. Great work ISI.

Only 1 issue.

I cannot now install my favourite 3rd party track - Searspoint. It seems to require v1.0 of the Meganes - I now have v1.1 of the Meganes.

This is the primary reason I hate (and I use that word advisedly) the current tying together of cars and tracks - we are now relying on the track creator (it's a great track, thanks Mianiak!) to update the track package because someone has modified one of the cars that can be used on it.

Perhaps I've misunderstood the system, and how it's used, if there is a way to install Searspoint let me know! It may be possible for the track creator to package the track so it's not dependant on a car mod at all (Snetterton, Watkins Glen, Fuji etc all install OK), but then some vmods are still broken (because they rely on a certain verison of car or track) like Nissans at Fuji. Also the Maserati Mod isn't allowing me to install at all, I'm not sure why - Searspoint is listed as a component under it's advanced info in the Mod Manager though.

Can we not just put in a server check on the version number of the mod and track and where there's a mismatch we can point to a download site for server's version of the mod/track? This download URL can be included in the serverside mod as a text message by the mod creator. Most mods I like to try out in single player, without going near an online server, and this system is terrible for me.

Imagine the broken mess in 5 years time if this system is kept intact.

Wheel: Logitech DFPro
    GFX Card: Nvidia 9800GT
    CPU: Intel Core 2 6600 @2.4Ghz
    2Gb Ram on Win XP

1 person likes this.
  17. zemaniac

zemaniac Registered

Point.

18. MKD

MKD Registered

Ok this is NUTS 3 installs still same SLO MO problem.. Also can someone provide an "INSTALLING RF2 for DUMMIES list of the precise order to install things to make it work? I was a fan of this install procedure untill this.. Having to install things in specific order is NUTS.. But please someone maybe a post with links IN proper order!

19. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

HTTP is up. They will enable auto update when they are able to.

20. DrMabuse1963

DrMabuse1963 Registered

thx , so i can stop surching and went to testing the news : )