Build 85 Discussion Mk II

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, May 23, 2012.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

As Gjon said earlier in the thread, popup and distance LOD are becoming more important now.

2. Favio

Favio Registered

Enviroment Reflection is a killer pc, it is normal?, no more than 15 fps in Estoril :s

3. corsa

corsa Registered

That makes sense, hopefully that's it.

4. coops

coops Banned

tyvm tim

5. jv27

jv27 Registered

Thanks for the update. Can't wait to try it.

6. ippai

ippai Registered

Whoops missed that. But did notice in the F1 upgrades weather conditions for Australia,Spain Bahrain and China.
    But thats probably been mentioned as well.

7. Tobi Coats

Tobi Coats Registered

i keep getting this error please someone help me

rFactor2 Content Inventory @ May 24 2012 12:05:05 PM
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Component "Vehicle Common 1.2g" failed to verify, removed from inventory

8. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Did you install in the proper order?

Do you have any vmods done by other than ISI? If so delete those through mod manager.

9. SteveGee

SteveGee Registered

In the Formula ISI's at Malaysia, there's no adjustment for the Rear Spring rate in the Garage. The Default setup shows 0 lbs for me and there's no +/- buttons, like on the Front Spring rate to adjust it. Haven't checked to see if it's the same at Estoril or not yet.

10. ROON

ROON Registered

Yeah it's the same everywhere, SteveGee.

11. SteveGee

SteveGee Registered

Thanks, ROON....I didn't see it listed in this thread, but I probably missed it. Hope it's something they look at fixing...kind of difficult to go fast with the rears locking up so easily.

12. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

My first impression of this build is very good. I ran the F1 Masters, 67 F1, GT World cars. No problems.

I think for the first time I'm seeing proper AA with dual Nvidia GTX 275s and triple monitors. Now I've updated video drivers since the last build but this is the best I've ever seen rF2 look. No jaggies! Yay!

13. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Thank you.

Next step is integrating this into the UI.

14. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

... as per car setting :)

Because of such a long period since the previous patch was released, I was expecting we finally get some key changes to the mod id system, maybe also unlocked shaders... oh well, not this time unfortunatelly.

15. Nibo

Nibo Registered

When I select Historic Formulas with build 85 and go on track I get very low fps, like 1-2 or lower. Unusable. Other cars work fine.
    Also no mirrors on Historic Formulas. Will wait for update for them.

With this build everything returned to "normal" (pre 65) state for me, because 65 was unplayable for some reason (cars behaved very strange).

Formula Masters when I first run it had no grip at all. Then I looked at default setup, ride height was like 7cm, which I guess nullified all downforce. Lowered the ride height and it drives rather well.

There is no rain tires in Formula Masters? When I select them tires still look like slicks and in the rain car drives like on ice. It is actually impossible to drive it in the rain.

Formula Renault and Nissans still are undrivable. To low grip, not enjoyable at all. I can not believe its realistic.

16. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

downloaded all updates + formula masters... everything installed fine. maxed all settings. everything on, all the way up. triple monitor i5 using nvidia surround and (2) GTX 470's... with nvidia 301.24... looks fricking beautiful. only get 6 FPS... turning HDR off brings me back up to 60-70FPS and darkens everything a bit. which I'm not so sure I don't like... HDR makes every thing seem too bright. maybe it's my settings some where. for now I'm going to update the driver to .42 and stick with the hdr off for now.

btw Nvidia released updated driver to 301.42 with "rFactor 2 – changed rating to 3D Vision Ready" but no actual updates I guess.

17. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Flawless update for me. I see many improvements.
    Much better lightning.
    Improved FPS.
    Better shadows in car and outside (higher resolution of the shadow map?)
    I started a practice session at mills at 5am and got a very nice haze effect. The track was slightly wet like it should be be under this conditions. Very cool.
    I found a bug too. The headlights on the GT cars don't work anymore (no illumination of the track).
    Need much more time for testing, but so far an impressive update. Thanks ISI.

18. GaetanL

GaetanL Registered

Hi ISI,
    Thank for update, great improvement on graphics.
    Cockpit view is better.
    But i can't find the new line in PLR : "Heat FX Fade Speed", i have saw the others (expl : "Car Vibration Mult2")

Also mirrors on Formula ISI work fine, but by moment the picture may flash (gray pass, less 1second), this will worked and corrected with the next patch who will fix the mirrors on the others cars ?

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2012
  19. Alesi

Alesi Registered

they works but not correctly... in fr3.5 i just cant to set them they dont move up-down (only left right)

20. BasJon

BasJon Registered

I got the slo mo at first then after playing with the graphic settings in particular the vsync now using video mode and seems very fluent, I noticed the headlights dont work anymore with the meganes have they been disabled ?