9 fps?!

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Ghostdriver, May 13, 2012.

1. Ghostdriver

Ghostdriver Registered

Hi, I just installed rFactor2 and it's mods. All menu functions work well but as soon as I'm on the car the performance drops considerably, I'm getting less than 10 fps with everything on/full (including HDR, etc.) ad less than 30 fps with everything off/low (all Fx off).

Running Win 7 64 on i7 2670, 8gbs RAM, Nvidia Geforce 540M.

Please, what can I do to raise the performance so I can take some laps? I don't mind graphics being low, but with a frame rate as low as this, it's undrivable.

PS: The new mod and content manager is brilliant!

2. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Use the AA in game so make sure that is set in your nvidea 3d settings. Make sure your AA is set to multisample in the nvidea settings and not super sample. Do you have the up to date drivers of your video card?

I'm very surprised you are getting 30 FPS with everything low. Are you on build 69?

3. Cristian Why

Cristian Why Registered

try windows mode with lower resolution

4. Ghostdriver

Ghostdriver Registered

CdnRacer, thanks for the swift reply.

I couldn't acess my Nvidia control panel, so I reinstalled the drivers and now I got a huge performance boost! With all settings off/low I get about 55-60 fps. I feel like a little boy on christmas! Thanks.

@ Cristian, thanks for the input, I tried this already with no great results, thanks anyway.

5. NightnDay

NightnDay Registered

I wonder that you get 30 fps with a mobile chip. :p
    You´re on a laptop right ?

6. Ghostdriver

Ghostdriver Registered

Yep, my beloved lappy. It runs w/ everything maxed on rFactor and GSC with 60FPS. I know that rFactor2 will take more power than those older ones, but not THAT much. After I reinstalled the nvidia drivers things got smooth again with some display options on full and most on low/medium.