Audi R18 2012 - Wip (no release)

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by tommy86, May 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. michael1

michael1 Banned

Guys i have done alot of research an contacted my local authorities on this claim you have of rip of cars being illegal an your wrong. now rf2 and rf1 is for research and personal use, not for a user to gain profit from like for example 3ds max is. now the law says this.

COPYRIGHT DISCLAIMER "Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favour of fair use."

2. Uff

Uff Registered

You completely missed the point: you won't earn anything, and that's fine. But the original team (in this case Turn 10) might lose money because you use their work in a different product, rather than purchasing their videogame.

3. iamukulele

iamukulele Registered

So we should contact authorities about you ripping codemasters work?

4. michael1

michael1 Banned

I already have myself to find out if the car i downloaded is one they made did you see what they said wait i paste it again make it easy for you.

Thank you for submitting your recent request to Codemasters Customer Services concerning F1 2010.

Use of any official F1 car models, company logos, images or trademarks within a computer game is strictly prohibited unfortunately, regardless of where they have come from.

Sorry.

Kind regards
    Rob
    Codemasters Customer Services

There all f1 cars are are strictly prohibited unfortunately regardless of where they have come from so even CTDP2006 Is prohibited.

I sent them the link to were i downloaded they reply again saying the car is not because the graphics are not to there standards but its still strictly prohibited so end of topic if i said i made it from scratch and sold it to you then i brake the law.

Tho i never said its OK to post them in this forum as isi could get into trouble if they are riped i was just clearing the fact that technecly its not illegal it would never stand in cort.

COPYRIGHT DISCLAIMER "Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favour of fair use."

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2012
  5. ethone

ethone Registered

I do think legal arguments are best left to lawyers and judges, not people on sim racing forums.
    Same goes for counterfactual arguments on who might or might not lose what amount of money, in the past, present or future. ;)

6. erale

erale Registered

Best thing would be close these threads immediatly.

If you want to discuss legal issues with mods you should open another topic and discuss that. If you really want to mod, take your time and learn how to do this and don't rip off other peoples work. No time for honest work isn't an excuse for stealing. Posting Codemaster emails and legal information isn't either.

7. michael1

michael1 Banned

erale i do not like rips myself or cheats or grasses, but i don't like the way this forum works at all stop attacking people out of frustration. if someone posts a mod that might be riped or part riped then the admins can say something i see no isi logo near your name, you never attack the f12012 thread this mod has things riped from codemasters so why do you target certain people.

as for closing other peoples threads when we do not have the car yet, you lot yourselves rip cars out of other games just to prove another persons car is riped then you are just as bad.

i payed for rf2 within a week i was attacked hear and every other forum even the admins at f1classic join in (now thats a big ripoff site you should all be targeting and getting closed) i was sent threats to my family an children on facebook an this was all because i took a modable car from rf1 and put in rf2 why dont you leve it up to the admins and get on with your own work.

if people see what happen to me they they will think again about buying rf2. why do you do it. soon we will have no1 to give mods to come on sort it out.

8. erale

erale Registered

I don't feel like I'm attacking someone if I (and many others) hint at the fact that a model is ripped from a retail game. Especially if the "creator" claims this model is 100% scratch made by him.

I don't have a problem if someone uses material from other people as long as you get the permission and give the original author credit. That's something Tommy and you didn't. As this is an open forum I don't see why I and other people shouldn't mention such things without a ISI logo under our name. For me there are some basic ethics in modding and one says: don't take credit for other peoples work!

If ISI doesn't care about the origin of cars/tracks and whatever then I have to respect that. But that's not a community I want to be part of. I know how much time it takes to build a complete mod from scratch and not just use a model from another game or I found in the internet and put it into rF2 in 5 minutes.

I also don't target certain people. With my postings I want to address all people that think stealing other peoples work for 15 minutes of fame is OK. If that's also the case with the F1 2012 mod they're also are addressed by my words.

Oh I don't have to rip the cars out of Forza and F1 2010. As for Forza the cars are available on multiple sites and forums and for your F1 2010 model it was just so obvious. Why? Because Forza or F1 2010 are often splitted into multiple objects and if you import them into 3ds max every object will be colored differently. Most modders don't split their models in so many objects and color them all differently.

1 person likes this.
  9. MarcG

MarcG Registered

So Tommy used a mesh from another game to "help" him with is car right? he apologised and got rid of the other games mesh and continued on his own version...nothing wrong with that, if he released the Forza mesh as part of his mod then yes thats wrong. As it stands he has gone back to his own and is continuing work.....let him continue please.

I mean its not like musicians learn other artists songs to get better themselves before they release their own albums is it...exactly!

1 person likes this.
  10. michael1

michael1 Banned

Erale i put that wrong attacking was not directed at you but looks like its all from your team.

As for saying it 100% scrach that is very bad if its not.

But you go on about people who do take time in making mods, well in rf1 you have maybe 50-100 F1 mods most rips but only CTDP MMG an RFT are worth downloading. tho still strictly prohibited mods they were scratch made and alot better than all rips so i don't get your point at all.

as for me i credit isi for the BMW what you also used to make CTDP2006 even if it was the 06 version from the 1st rf1 so we started in the same place. soon i hope to be better than you, you only make me try harder.The 3d site was also given credit for the 2010 cars but again are still strictly prohibited and i have never had an interest in toon cars from video games to be able to spot that they might be rips and even if they are the owner you claim does not think so.

11. michael1

michael1 Banned

oh john the admin from f1 ripoff classic not again. i never spammed your forum i was banned as soon as i posted that mod and what has that got to do with anything hear anyway, the reason you gave to my friend for banning me was that "this space was reserved for you" make your mind up we also had this same topic in your codemasters wip in sandrox forum i do not care if you banned me that forum is a free forum that i have no interest in at all and dont post my mods there as you do make money from rips an i do not want to be part of it.

12. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

This discussion isn't taking us anywhere :) Best cut it short.

13. AndyCTDP

AndyCTDP Registered

Just to point out one thing from my side. All content in CTDP2006 is either scratch made or used with permission and credits. We didn't use the ISI BMW 2006 for CTDP 2006. It's completly different.
    So no point there michael. I think you don't understand the mess you're creating here!? We're way far from the original topic. It's just your personel vendetta here, nothing else. So be a smart guy and stop it here.

1 person likes this.
  14. erale

erale Registered

How could CTDP use the 2006 BMW from ISI if there never was a 2006 BMW from ISI? It's magic...

Edit: Ok apparently there was a 2006 BMW. But still CTDP didn't use it.

15. michael1

michael1 Banned

rfactor 1070 fbmw 2006 you want me to upload i have it still same upgrades ect as yours and i have no personel vendetta towards ctdp have i just said it one of the best mods again dont forget i have had email contact with you.

16. ThoKa

ThoKa Guest

Could some kind moderator please lock this thread?

17. AndyCTDP

AndyCTDP Registered

You can't even read what other people are posting. Erale corrected himself in his post, still you don't get the point overall. Don't you see how this all, everything what you started in this thread or other threads, can hit the complete community in its back? It seems your very verdant. I don't get what you're trying to prove or to intend with all that. If you want to destroy the community and modders by leading the official rightholders directly into the community, than you're doing it quite good. But you pay the price, among with others.
    In my opinion, that's not the door I want to go through... but hey, you're unboxing pandora's box.

I hope you get the metaphers....
    That's all I will say about that topic.

18. tommy86

tommy86 Registered

Thanks for understanding me guys, your support is really appreciated :)

19. michael1

michael1 Banned

What i am trying to do is stop all the abuse and fighting hear thats all in public anyways. we payed real money for this game. I live in liverpool there are many guns drugs prostertutes and vilence to the point were each street has its own gang and they will cut your ears off or shoot you if you walk on there path an 8 year old boy was shot dead not long ago this is real life for me. then i come hear and see you all fighting over a 3dcar not drugs guns or area ect its just stupid and i want it all stoped its called cyberbullying.

stop making threts towards me or my family and you wont get another post from me

i am sick of fighting full stop.

20. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

Ok, i think the video about the Liverpool gangs is the best way to stop this off topic discussion.

Tommy86 apologized and i think it is enough to give him a new chance.

I fully understand the frustration of the talented modelers in this discussion, and i hope they will forgive me, who am closing the thread.

Tommy86, you are free to open a new thread, possibly having care to take close the door for off topic posts related to stolen models. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.