All Cars All Tracks?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nickbalti, May 10, 2012.

1. MJP

MJP Registered

In my fresh B85 install (allcarstracks works), in my updated B69-B85 install (allcarstracks doesn't work). The all cars & tracks MAS and MFT files in both installs are identical.

2. MJP

MJP Registered

3. ironyltd

ironyltd Registered

When I looked at a backup of rf2 before the update to b85 the .mft's had not changed but was unsure if it had gotten clobbered earlier so that is why I was unsure. All I know now is that the modified .mft allows all tracks and all cars to work again. I will probably do a fresh install also, if that works as you state, since I really do not want to be 'non standard' but I have learned something possibly for later use.

Thanks for your input.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2012
  4. Stephen Dent

Stephen Dent Registered

5. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

Doesnt work for me still CTD

6. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

Be nice if ISI would jump in on this topic. Its obviously an issue

7. ironyltd

ironyltd Registered

They should but the best way to fix it is as @MJP suggests, do a fresh install, I did and Alltracks & Cars is ok now.

8. mel1c

mel1c Registered

I updated (did not do a clean install) to Build 85 on May 24th and had the ALL Tracks & Cars crash. The series choice was visible for me, but rF2 crashed when I tried it. This morning it works! Formula Masters @ Mid Ohio! I did NOT reinstall. I do not know why it is fixed. The only things I did after updating was yesterday add the Topeka track and update the 1960s World Class Racing All Tracks to v0.71. I do not think I made other changes.

The manifest file is still the 1kb file dated 7/25/2011 that it was for B69 as far as I can tell. My head hurts. :confused:

9. ironyltd

ironyltd Registered

That kind of makes sense to me, all tracks & cars would be dynamic and automatically update as new tracks and cars are added. See if all tracks and cars now has ALL your track and All your cars or just the ones you added. Wherever this info is being kept, and I know now not the .mft, it is being updated. I made it all work with the .mft but that would not get updated.

10. mel1c

mel1c Registered

As far as I can tell it has all tracks and cars, old and new, ISI and community added. I have tried a lot of combinations, but not every one.

11. ironyltd

ironyltd Registered

Thanks for checking, it seems adding a new car or track rebuilds the file. rF1 works that way, that always took so long when you had a lot of mods, remember?

12. Stephen Dent

Stephen Dent Registered

13. Prof Poseidon

Prof Poseidon Registered

Your reworked allcarsalltracks mft worked for me. the only two I don't have showing up are the new topeka track and the searspoint.

14. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

Thanks... This solution worked great for me. I can once again run everything anywhere.

15. MJP

MJP Registered

I've stopped wasting too much time on installs that have gone a bit wonky, I find it's quicker to just make another install. I currently have 4 installs on the go, 3 of them broken in some way or another albeit 1 of them its just AllCars & Tracks that crashes immediately otherwise the rest of the install seems ok.

What ironyltd is essentially doing is making his own All Cars & Tracks Vmod, I was going to do the same albeit using MAS.exe to package it properly. I didn't bother though because it would mean I'd still have an install that wasn't quite working as its supposed to so it was another clean install for me.

16. ironyltd

ironyltd Registered

I agree with you here, I think it is essential to be running only the software provided by ISI for beta testing. I would suggest a virgin install of just the ISI software without modification.

Another with any foreign mods, track & cars. This method allows problems to be tested and reported to ISI without influence.

Mods would be tested on the other install for reporting to modders. This is somewhat cumbersome, I know, but keeps the appropriate enviornment for those concerned.

You are also right about all tracks & cars_10.mft but early on and not knowing of an altrenative I just wanted all cars on all tracks. This method certainly has it's limitations.

17. [NAR]Steve

[NAR]Steve Registered

Your file worked for me, thanks !!!