DD's F3 ROOKIES - Changes to Room

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by DurgeDriven, May 10, 2012.

1. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2012
  2. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

Ahhrg my favorite room isnt up!!

3. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

woooot open again!!!!

4. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I am only up at different times for around 12 hours a day, so I may be in room but not there at the time.

Most of weekend I be in already had room up this morning, be back on soon.

Really happy the way rookies have progressed not too mention myself.

170+ drivers and have not had a intentional wrecker / troublemaker.

My reason for room has not changed, is to help rookies in any way possible and have fun.

5. bbr1

bbr1 Registered

Have enjoyed this room a great deal. THANKS.
    Garry W

6. nickbalti

nickbalti Registered

All rookies need to join the server! I think you should have your own site with videos and tutorials, perhaps on each corner :)

7. tjc

tjc Registered

Hey DD... howzit hangin?

Not made it into your room yet mate but hoping to soon if it`s still around.

What`s all this about a hernia mate? Sorry to hear that, they can be blue murder (thankfully not speaking from experience)

Hope you doing better now.

I`ll try and burn some rubber in your room soon as my man. ;)

8. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Thanks mate.

You better get in here !

lol :)

Most days I have the server up mate just look for F3 ROOKIES.

We only do Spa in F3 EVE at this time, it is fixed setup so nothing to do just drive.

Last night thanks to ElPronto I did a new "tow lap" record for our room, shocked me I tell you. :D

View attachment 2718

( "Offline" Spa turn off the flags so you can explore the roads, bridges, train track etc )

9. tjc

tjc Registered

Yeh I`ll get there mate it`s just finding the time but I will be there ;)

Train tracks?

Lol... :D

10. LordOsx

LordOsx Registered

4.15.2 ????
    MAn, it's 1s faster than the previous record !
    Awsome !

11. MJP

MJP Registered

Yeah but it's with a draft. I've had a 15 flat, my drafting buddy got the 14 though, the swine lol. :D

12. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

13. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

Durge:

Excuse the length of this - I type fast and speak well.

In the many, many months I have been in this game, I have never had a personal problem with any player. Anywhere, ever - period. Therefore in the months I have been on your server "Rookies/Training", I know you have - also - never seen me behave untoward to anyone. I drive hard and fair. I put hard time in, and you have personally watched me go from a PB on Spa of 4:30, down to 4.18.01. My trajectory of improvement indicates I should be down to 4:17.0 in a week or so - putting me amongst the top few percent of F3 drivers. I take time out to personally assist and train other unknown rookie drivers, and you even recently caught me doing so. I say all this for one reason - to put my established history of fair judgement and behavior forefront in your mind, as I finger my first "problem" driver. It is in your server, and you are the admin of that server - so it is my duty to bring it to your attention - whether you care or not, and whether you act or not (I suspect you do care, which is why I bothered). I gladly rest upon my reputation as I do this.

He is ~IsR~El Pronto. I am 100% positive that he wilfully and intentionally nudged me off the track, from behind, mid corner, during a legit race in which you were also driving. You may even have seen it, as you were somewhere behind me at the time. There is no question of his guilt, and his daft response of "dont brake" also indicates his guilt. It was during a 3rd gear corner in Monza, slowing from top speed in top gear - a corner in which (of course) braking is mandatory. My point is, I saw him do it to me in the mirror (as did the person looking over my shoulder at the computer), and the intentionality of it are beyond question.

I have been shoved off the track hundreds of times - and it has NEVER mattered. Because it has never been a cynical, intentional strategy, to win a legit race. This driver knows better. He was posting bad times (over many days) and his frustration had become obvious. I had out qualified him, and he was behind on the grid. He couldn't get past me, even with my draft - so he took the opportunity presented and took me out - illegally.

I simply will not drive with people like that. To me, he will now permanently be referred to as "El Dodgo". If someone tried such a thing to you personally, I know they would be lucky to receive a warning before they got the ban hammer - and rightly so. If they denied doing it with a daft call like "dont brake" (irrelevant to the rules anyhow), you would definitely ban them. I am not asking for his ban. I am asking for the same rights that you would also expect - to be protected and free of cheating drivers, as best possible. He needs to receive a warning not to behave that way in ANY race - least of all in a server marked ROOKIES/TRAINING. What is someone wearing tags doing there anyway?

I know for certain that such behaviour is called cheating in real life motor racing. I certainly will not be subjecting myself to sharing a track with a known cheat - as noone else should.

Once again, I gladly rest upon my reputation as I do this. I know what happened - despite what he is likely to say. I gladly make the accusation in public, due to my certainty and the cynical nature of the event. The driver known as El Pronto knowingly cheated during a legit race, permanently removing me from that race.

Yours Sincerely,

Adam T

EDIT: TL;DR - I have driven with hundreds of people - we dont have to put up with cheats. During a legit race, ~IsR~El Pronto knowingly cheated by nudging the person in front of him off the track mid-corner, because he couldn't pass otherwise. He then wilfully denied it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2012
  14. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

In this day and age of instant replays and intertubes, you cant expect to hide buddy. All I needed was as simple "soz man!". And that would have been the end of it (but I still would have personally known) ;)

15. LordOsx

LordOsx Registered

Hi guys !

I watched the replay of this race, with your both onboards cameras and tv.
    I might be wrong, i don't have the telemetry :(, but it looks like when you got in the first Lesmo turn, Adam, you downshifted too much, maybe in 2nd gear, that slowed you and your car oversteered.... EP was very close right behind you, and i think he could not avoid the contact....:confused:
    I have no preference between you and EP, Adam, you are both good and fair drivers, but i would say that was a race incident, that happens to the bests ;)
    Now, i'm hoping to see you both soon at Durge's room for training and racing in good mind as we always did, let's have some fun :D

Olivier.

Sorry if my english is not that good :rolleyes:

16. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

You are welcome to your opinion Olivier. I too watched it. A rear end is the fault of the person behind - regardless (assuming you are not stopped dead or driving ridiculously slowly - which I wasnt). No apology was forthcoming - just a tart rebuke. That sealed it for me. If he DID accidently do it (which I DO NOT believe), he has a duty to apologize - even a simple, off-handed passing apology like:"soz". There is no need for such behaviour. Apologies are par for the course. No one needs drivers running them off the road from behind, and refusing to apologise - and instead just blame you. I had good times, and was in 3rd place. If you are "accidently" taking people in front of you off the road mid-corner, then YOU are too close, and not braking enough. Catching someone in front of you mid-corner during braking, while drafting, is a no brainer. A child can do it, and a child will also ram you by being too close and not braking enough to allow the front driver space. The track is at least 4 cars wide. He didnt ram me. He gently nudged. And drove off without skipping a beat. No apology. No accident. I certainly cant be accused of driving slowly - what with yourself, Durge and El Pronto BEHIND me? You guys are CERTAINLY not "slow" to say the least....

EDIT:Oh btw I was in thrid gear. And I dont drive with people who can cause such incidences and refuse to apologise. It is un-gentlemanly and shows a lack of honour. I will respectfully leave the track in his presence. As I said - apologies are par for the course. If he cant manage even that - then no wonder. I would like to simply end this matter here, and let it go. If he wishes me to believe in his honour as a driver - he can easily do so. I am fair and open minded. He has chosen otherwise. So be it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2012
  17. tjc

tjc Registered

DD...

Been online looking for your room mate this last couple of nights but it`s a no show, can`t find it in the list.

:confused:

You still got it going?

:)

18. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Yeah mate every day at different times, been getting to bed earlier lately though.

Mostly between your 4am-4pm

But weekends or F1 weekend I not adverse to doing a all-nighter. :p

19. tjc

tjc Registered

Ahh good to know youv`e still got it going anyway mate...

I`ll catch you there soon maybe. :)

20. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

It's okay mate you don't have to tell me fibs.

It's okay that you're really driving the Clio, I think that's fine mate( choke ) and I won't say anything funny, promise.

lol :p lol

lol ;)