Zoom function in Freecam?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FONismo, May 6, 2012.

1. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Has something happened to this as it doesn't seem to work for me any longer when trying to activate it through any of the car cams. I have not done a video for a while. Pretty sure the last video i did was an older build and it was working then. It works when using the fixed trackside cameras and the swingman but none of the in car cams or other car cams.

Also, what exactly does the zero freemove actually do? It seems to just be the same as freecam

2. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

Zoom function still works fine here, once I had set up the key assignments. Perhaps you created a new controller file for the new build and forgot to set up the camera keys?

Zero Freemove seems to reset the current Freecam to its original position.

3. FONismo

FONismo Registered

No my buttons are configured Luc and have just gone in now and re-configured them to make sure. Also changed the buttons. As said the buttons and function do work with the 3rd person swingman cam and if i activate freecam on the fixed trackside cameras but it will not zoom in or out on any of the other cams, i.e cockpit etc. Tried with both modded cars and ISI content.

Can move backwards, forwards and sideways etc on all cams with freecam enabled but can not zoom on most

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2012
  4. Mulero

Mulero Registered

Do not know if will have something to do but I have stopped working the camera shake to the left, back and down.

I tried assigning other keys but still not working.

5. Luc Van Camp

Right, can't say I attempted to use the camera features in cockpit or onboard views. I'll check next time ...

6. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

I'm almost sure it behaves same way as in rF1. Zoom isn't available in on-car cameras.

7. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Thanks

It does as i'm sure that's how i got the shot at 2:10 in the video below and also the shot after. I know for a fact i have had it woirking

8. Luc Van Camp

Just checked ... I could zoom in and out in every view (cockpit, onboards, nosecam, trackside cams, ...), as long as Freecam was enabled: confused: . My build is a bit newer though, but I don't think any changes were made to the cameras.

9. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Yep knew it could be done and had it working before. Only noticed it now as i'm trying to finish a new video that is about 70% done but wanted some shots using the zoom function. I presume it's gonna be awkard to diagnose and fix if it's fine for you Luc. Can anyone else confirm if it's working or not for them. Really annoying now knowing that...haha

10. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Doesn't work for me...I've tried to reassign new keys but nothing. The only zoom function that still works is on the swingman...

11. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Thanks Tuttle at least it's not only me. I knew it worked on all cams before. You should also be able to zoom with the camera that is controlled by the " end " button on the keyboard. Only that and swingman works for me. Best shots come from the motion zoom shots aswell IMO.

12. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

it must be something strange because I never managed how to do that in rF1, but I know people who also did videos using zooming from cockpit cam. It must not be same issue, but maybe will help seeking for it.

13. Michael Borda

Michael Borda Car Team

At the moment, it seems the zoom keys do not function for all onboard cameras while FOV is set to something other than the 'default' setting.

14. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Excellent just tried it and it works. Thank you both for the help!

15. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Works for me too. Thanks Michael!

16. Dany Mitchel

Dany Mitchel Registered

Tested it last night on my Fun Race zoom functioned perfect on all cams whilst in free view got some great over taking footage from the rear of the passed car