Friday Night... No one on rFactor 2? WTH?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kristoff Rand, May 5, 2012.

1. Pits

Pits Registered

Marco, that is one take on this but there are more.

"Let's not forget that the initial goal in releasing rFactor2 lies with the option for modders to start making and testing their work".

My initial reason for buying this Beta (see how it's always called a Beta and never Rfactor2) was to have another racing game that I thought was an actual racing game

"It has never been the idea to fill up online servers with people simracing."

Then it was a silly idea and what is the point, we buy the game to race it, and online, it's what RF1 is good at we could have assumed the same for RF2

"So it is not really fair to blaim ISI for empty servers. There is a reason why they don't even support leagues at this moment, it's not what the beta release was intended for."

Excuse me, this is just an insane thing to say and how can this even be answered, I see this "its not what the Beta's for" all the time, it's not a Beta its a racing game that we drivers bought, I bought a racing game and it said I could race it, this "Beta" disclaimer for anyone who can't race for what ever reason is forever used and just getting old.

"Instead, we should be happy that we get a saying in what is happening (hence the WishList forum). And enjoy every opportunity we get to test things, and have fun at the same time."

It appears to me that this "Beta" was made for computer Geeks?, people who want to "Mod", people who are supposed to "do things" inside the game, that was never a condition or explained when I thought I was buying a game I could use, I had a reasonable expectation I was at least getting where RF1 ended, not back to basics, I can put many quotes up to what "was said" in the promo's if you wish. Let them Mod, great but I'm getting old here.
    1. I am not (nor others in our club) "having Fun".
    2. I (and everyone in our club) don't "test things" we just want a racing game and we wanted RF2
    3. We are not "having fun", what we are doing is not RF2, this is not doing anything.
    4, You have a "wish list forum" I wish there were more racing going on.
    Lasty it has been "no fun" at all spending hours trying to get SLI to work.

"Wait till the game is finished and fully released. Then the servers will probably start filling, and the events posted will be growing. When all is implemented that is being worked on at this moment, the fun factor should increase a lot as well."

I would love to know when all the "implementations" will be done but any of these things said never (ever) come with a time period, just another simple disclaimer.

I'm tempted to think only Beta people come to the forum, people who bought just to enjoy online driving are now forced to come here to see why we don't drive and are confronted with all this Beta talk that only frustrates.

2. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

You thought wrong mate. ISI said right from the get go that this was a beta and if you as a customer were looking for a finished game you should wait till gold is released. The only thing around here that is getting old is the people who can't read or who have a short term memory problem. ;)

3. Pits

Pits Registered

I have noticed it's very hard to say negative things about the Beta as people seem to take it as a deeply personal attack.

The other thing that is "wrong" is many only see what they want to see. I am not "wrong" you are merely one eyed on this, please take some time out to read the promo's.

4. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

I think you're a little too sensitive mate. How did I take your opinion as a personal attack? Anyways, I am unaware of rF2 promos done by ISI. I am only talking about Gjon's post when the beta was released.

5. Pits

Pits Registered

Forgive me I was just making a general observation about people who do take it personal not directed straight at you.
    I read a lot about how good this was going to be, I won't get all anal and spend hours reading and quoting but I will say the hipe said a lot that the delivery failed on including SLI which was what I was looking forward to the most but has been a complete nightmare.

6. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

The hype was done mostly by the "community" I do believe. It sucks that SLI isn't supported. I feel for you there. Only advise I could give is to wait it out. I see rF2 being at worst being just as popular as rF1. I think the dynamic track and environment is so awesome that that alone makes rF2 worth it. But that's just my opinion. :D

7. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I only run 8 car rooms from rookies to aliens to practice and help other.

If you do not like or want to help learner drivers then go elsewhere to showboat.

I have a names of 181 people have come through my room.

I have never had 8 cars pit out and practice together, not once, no matter how hard I tried.

Mention a race but they all ready to start then crash at turn #1

" F3 ROOKIES *Fixed Setup " I up about 8-12 hours a day

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2012
  8. Pits

Pits Registered

I will shut up now, just to say don't get me wrong, in all my posts I have always said how good RF2 is and even in this beta stage, it's just a tad frustrating to enjoy it so much but not have enough of it to enjoy.
    No one could disagree how much fun the F2-and F3's are at any track, I'm just a simple driver who absolutely loves RF2 and this is where I come from when I respond to posts.
    I will wait as our club waits but I hope in the waiting RF2 doesn't get left behind.

9. JoshJ81

JoshJ81 Registered

The Avengers released last night with new graphical updates.

10. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

Hi
    My server is full of regular drivers.
    So go see them all.
    ! Sim Racing multi Car.com
    Fun fun fair and necessary :)
    10 drivers regularly.
    Mods is one thing but I often see 10 minutes of running. While already on my server you leave for 30 minutes.
    Here is your pilot vera.
    Of course we often return to the same circuits but it allows us to precisely we improved.
    Remember that this is a BETA.
    Wait for the end of the game
    The all anyway is turned OWN and not like nags which also staple the beautiful game
    See you soon

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2012
  11. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl Registered

@Pits,
    I am sorry you had wrong expectations about the game. It's because of that I said we need to enjoy what we have now. You see, the other option ISI had, is to NOT release the BETA, so you could not enjoy anything, and when the game IS released, there would be only default content as nobody had the chance to make something for it.

I mean, the game is not released yet, and at the moment we have the wonderfull track of Fuji and Mid Ohio, Croft is coming soon, Top Gear track is coming, Maserti is being developed, Lambo is on the way, I mean, that would have taken several months if ISI had NOT released the game.

Be a bit patient. After all, you did not buy the BETA. You pre-paid for the full game, as you have extra license time during BETA. The license we bought for 1 year, is more then 1 year valid. So in fact, you did not buy the beta. You pre-bought the game, and as a bonus, you get to enjoy the beta already.

And yes, this has been announced by ISI from the start. They where very clear on that. The problem is that those important messages are "snowed under" by the posts from the community. The community disrupted the expectations of a lot of people. To bad for those who bought it with wrong expectations, but I still believe it's not ISI to blaim for that. And yet here we are, all shouting at ISI to hurry up, and blaiming them for what they have done. I do not think thats fair.
    Like said so many times, you did NOT buy a race game. If you where under that impression, you simply did not read the release information. Nothing personal offcourse, but thats the way it is. You paid for 1 year license of the game, and that has not started yet.

Anyway, you still can race, and still can enjoy. I run a World series by Renault league at the moment, and we have races with 25 - 30 guys in the grid. It's already better in terms of the racing itself then rf1 was imo. So it's just how you look at it.

12. GaetanL

GaetanL Registered

Hi Marco,
    I need some precisions. When you say "Like said so many times, you did NOT buy a race game.", yes it's a beta but when the game will be released, we will do not pay again for an other licence ?
    "You paid for 1 year license of the game" Only this need to pay again but it's for online acess, no ? (12$ for year)

I'm right ?

13. Pits

Pits Registered

Hi Marco, you talk like you are part of The Team in ISI, if so I'm am pleased that someone who knows "ISI stuff" is involved, just a bit confused about the 1 year part as you say......

"You paid for 1 year license of the game, and that has not started yet. "

Sorry, just to clarify, I paid for what I thought was a lifetime, no?

14. GaetanL

GaetanL Registered

I think marco want say that you've paid for a beta for the moment (I hope it's this precisions what have ask :p)

15. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

This is getting so far off topic it's not funny.

Why can't people understand it's a BETA and others have to kept explaining this to them? Why is it so hard to understand?

Back on subject;
    We all have different reasons for not using rF2. Many have been mentioned already here.

My thoughts are more the modID is the biggest issue despite the opinions of the few that see it as a good thing there are more that see it very differently.

rF2 will remain like this until we, As users have the choice given back to us as to what we have in our installs. People don't like being dictated to. This system is tailing us what we need to have. We're being told what to download so we can use what we already have. The Maserti is a good example of this.

The author has done what most would consider to be the right thing and add to the rFmod all the tracks that are currently available. Trouble is now we're all being forced to get all the third party tracks before this new car mod is usable or will even load through mod man.

I'm not going to say any of these third party tracks are not up to speed but I for one take note of feedback. I want download a track by necessity. In the case of the Maserti mod, I don't want one of those tracks so I want be getting this mod either. And to add to this, What happens when, Not if! When one of these tracks are updated? Will the Maserti mod still continue to work?

My guess is no.

Despite the best intentions and hard work being done by our great communities mod teams rF2 has to many issues to install third party content.

I want be installing anything outside ISI content and/or updates till I can use it as I see fit, What I want, When I want, Were I want.

If this never happens, Then rF2 will go.

I'm quite sure I'm not alone in these thoughts.

16. MarcG

MarcG Registered

in England we go to the Pub and drink copious amounts of pale ale, some things in life are more important than sim racing ;)

17. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl Registered

Sorry, I had to be more specific there.

I was refering to the 1 year license only. Not the lifetime license.
    If you have bought a license for 1 year, you are getting that 1 year, AND, as a bonus, the 6 months of Beta. So the 6 months of BETA are actually free of charge. You just have to comit to using it 1 year (or at least paying for it).

To go back on topic, as we indeed went off a bit, sorry for that, there are indeed more then 1 reason why people don't play that much at the moment. A lot are disapointed now, so they won't even bother to check the new content. Some are just frustrated, so they don't play as well.

For me, I play a selection. Just that what I like the best. And the other time I have on my hands, is used for either other games, or for my private life ;) With a sweet wife, and a beautifull daughter, there is more to life then simracing alone. I am sure that, in the near future, the online servers will be filling up. Give it some time.

18. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

+1 Marco
    People who do not stay in this moment, are not real tester then ISI is needed.
    Yep much feedback improves the final.
    These are more (for me) that acardiens simeurs.
    In short I give all the credit to ISI and I patient with what he offers us and it's not a question of money :).
    I try (at my level certe) to back up information and what is most important to me.
    This tests also dedicate the server.

Translation Google

19. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Sorry to interfere in the discussion, its Sunday midday here. Last night, Saturday, I had a fantastic time racing with a lot of people in Monaco with f3s. There were up to 18 people there at a point, I had 4 races in a row, quali and everything and I had a total 4 fun hours (including joining other servers too).
    As the thread is about deserted servers, I was amazed to find so many people posting here since last night at the forum and complaining about it (amongst other things).
    Btw, theres a 60min race tonight at Spa and it seems attendance is small, so?
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/5287-Fun-Race

Regards all, nikos

20. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Sorry Lucky, but it is not true (more polite version of "bs" ;) ). All issues has been reported already. What more to say?
    BTW If I reporting issues for some software (doesn't matter free or commercial), I put it into bug tracker, then I know that some developer started to work on it, solve problem, when it fix will be released etc. In case of rF2 reporting issues is like throwing it into black hole. So, I'm not surprised that there are less and less reporters.

Today's rF2 just don't match requirements of online communities. About 100 people from our forum bought rf2 just when released. After a few tests online at beginning no one wants to waste time for racing online at this stage. it is too time consuming preparing vmods. It is too havy for a lot of rigs. We did tests, provide reports but rF2 is not in state allowing racing without problems for organized community with a lot of drivers.
    if some one expected that organized communities will be f* happy with alpha-stage product than was simply wrong.