Friday Night... No one on rFactor 2? WTH?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kristoff Rand, May 5, 2012.

1. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

Friday Night... No one on rFactor 2? WTH?

2. Zephyr RU

Zephyr RU Registered

you can announce the race. and be host.
    then people will come.
    for example, me :D
    I wanna play on race too.

3. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

I have a server up... BTP Megane 30 Man.

4. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

World Icehockey Championships started, no time for racing now... :D

Cheers!

5. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

Uh, that would be the Stanley Cup playoffs, right? ;)

6. D1Racer

D1Racer Registered

Friday night, people with lives are out getting drunk and getting chicks.

Then people like me are stuck at home on electronic monitoring. Frikken police.

7. Mulero

Mulero Registered

Lately there's nobody in the Online. Never mind that Friday is Monday, morning or evening.

Between **** MODID system and almost 2 months since we have news is normal that there is almost no one playing. Everyone gets tired of always doing the same, until the forum is almost dead these days.

If only we could play on any track with any car would have people every day. But while unable to resolve this problem will not change anything.

8. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl Registered

Although I understand your concerns, you are saying something strange here. If people get tired of always doing the same, why would that be different when any car on any track is possible?

Look at the server listing. Almost any combination is hosted at this moment, so the options are there already. When people are tired of the current content, they will not go racing. Doesnt matter if the modid system is there or not.

Besides that, there are still a lot of performance issues for a lot of people. That doesnt help as well in filling servers ;)

9. Mulero

Mulero Registered

Right now there is almost no one in line because people are tired of always running in the same four circuits. Options are, but it is too complicated to use these options. And for what? To enter a server where no one?

I have not seen any server with a custom MODID which has regularly more than 3 people. Nobody wants to run at Mid-Ohio? Nobody wants to run in Fuji? I think so. But there is something wrong, and that something called MODID.

On this theme we have already spoken more than enough. I just hope it is resolved because if not, i see less future RF2 than a bag of candy at the door of a school.

10. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

last night there were lots of people in monaco with f3s. As i hate driving there, being the only option atm, I did and I fully enjoyed it.
    So, for my part, i have a nice time every night (Fridays are a bit empty tho, yes, cannot blame people going out.)

11. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I fired up rF2 at about 10PM EST last night and not one player out there. TBH I was very surprised that there was not even one room with players. I didn't like the GT cars enough to really get into them and I have an idea that I'm not the only one. The older content is played and with the modid and rfmod system, no one's online. rF2 is made for leagues only.

Modders are waiting for the final product and ISI seems to be having issues crop up that are slowing down development. Stalemate.

12. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

dont know what 10PM is. From 21.00 GMT to 01.00 GMT ive found people almost everynight for the last couple months.

13. MJP

MJP Registered

10PM EST = 0300 GMT, looks like Guy fired up a few hours too late.

14. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl Registered

It's not JUST for league racing. We do club events 3 or 4 times a week, and they always have attendence. We use all tracks and vehicles combined, so it varies a lot.

What you are trying to say, and I can't disagree there, that rfactor2 is NOT for public server racing. It's more for communities at this moment, then it is for just some casual racing.

To me, that doesn't matter, as I hate being on public servers. But thats 100% personal. I can understand your concerns here, and have already given some options to fix that in other threads. Indeed, we just have to wait and see what ISI comes up with as a sollution for this.

15. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I'm tired driving always the same car,the Megan or the 370Z!

16. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl Registered

I like the Classics a lot as well.

With the Maserati coming up, and the Lambo's as well, there should be coming a bit more variance in the cars. Thats why I like the approach of ISI on this. Although the game is not finished, we are already in the opportunity to create new content, and test it. Superbly thinking!

17. BasJon

BasJon Registered

Same feeling here really, the game is very quickly becoming a yawn for me Im a member of a clan, and have the most populated servers in the game since beta release, but I honestly feel ISI are taking too long to release more content, I have said this before but from a old style gamer for many years I have never yet come across this style of paying for beta then waiting for months on end to see when full release is due let alone some more content to keep us racers happy, yes people have said it before but pCars release and keep releasing weekly updates of new tracks cars and fixes, Im not here for arguments the games are what they are, regardless of people saying it isnt a sim, for me I love playing the megane but 3 tracks over and over again is sooo tiresome, I really love it here where people stick up for ISI saying give them time, well I have paid my lifetime membership but Im so close to going into the control panel to uninstall the game shame but thats how it is

18. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

ISR most every afternoon (American time) have about 16 to 20 guys racing in there. good guys, pretty clean racing from the ISR guys and admins online. it's good stuff. although there is always a wanker who goes deep and fast into turn 1.

last night after I posted this 1 guy "immgonnacatchu" or something to that effect came in and we did a few races. he was much faster though so he had to wait up for me quite a few times. which must be pretty boring for him.

19. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl Registered

@BasJon,
    If you are from a community, then it shouldnt be that hard to vary in tracks? There are more nice tracks out then 3 ;) We run a different track each week, and don't have to repeat that often. It stays fun! Some combinations work better the other, but it still is a great experience.

I must admit that we run only 3 different cars at the moment. GT, Megane and Classic F3's. With the new cars coming that should change soon as well.

Let's not forget that the initial goal in releasing rFactor2 lies with the option for modders to start making and testing their work. It has never been the idea to fill up online servers with people simracing. So it is not really fair to blaim ISI for empty servers. There is a reason why they don't even support leagues at this moment, it's not what the beta release was intended for.

Instead, we should be happy that we get a saying in what is happening (hence the WishList forum). And enjoy every opportunity we get to test things, and have fun at the same time.

Wait till the game is finished and fully released. Then the servers will probably start filling, and the events posted will be growing. When all is implemented that is being worked on at this moment, the fun factor should increase a lot as well.

20. BasJon

BasJon Registered

Okay Marco maybe I didnt explain myself quite enough, on our current 5 servers running, one of them is the megane with all available tracks which I think is 13 with some variants too, but mainly in there is our own members with a few guest or friends, to be successful with a server you need it to be open to any public guest, so I spend most of my time in the standard megane which has only the 3 tracks, why do I do this because Im always looking to find more racers that may either join our clan or be a regular player on our servers. And also great fun and racing comes from having many racers with you on a track, I get what your saying about the release was good for the modding community, but let me say that the idea of the word beta for a game is for testing purposes, to iron out bugs in the game, not to develop a game, and I know its not designed to run a league on. As for the wishlist we shall see if anything will be listened to, Im sure if there was a poll that the majority would prefer to know an idea of time of full release instead of guessing and times if any other content will be released and when, I would not purchase something from a shop and then be told I may get my item next month or even next year.