Interlagos - WIP

Discussion in 'Locations' started by feels3, May 5, 2012.

1. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

:( Love that track. Hope it's not too far off.

2. BanjoMaster

BanjoMaster Registered

Am I overdoing it a little? :-D To be honest absolutely nothing has grabbed my attention with rF2 up till now apart from the EnduranceX stuff, and much as I can appreciate Feels work up to this point, I'd love to see what he can do with some of the big, major tracks like Interlagos and Spa (assuming he's still planning on doing Spa one day). I think they'll be masterpieces when they're done :)

3. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

Big +1.

I'm waiting on the big international circuits too.

4. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

From what I know, feels3 would love to make Spa, but track like that cannot be "just made somehow". It's an iconic track that deserves best attention and best effort.
    Due to his limited experience in rFactor modding, he began with smaller projects. His current project - Blackwater Lake - includes a lot of landscape elements like mountains, forests and buildings. This is yet another new experience, not only from technical side, but also when you think of workflow and effort estimation.

Armed with that experience, he will be ready to face famous tracks with quality they deserve. And I'm pretty sure we're yet to see his best work, since he loves making these tracks and seems to have limitless entusiasm.
    Maybe one day he will look at his work, come to conclusion he has achieved everything there was to achieve and he will move on.

Or maybe Assetto Corsa wil grab his attention and become his new playground - who knows? At the moment, we're so damn lucky to have him with us :)

( sorry, feels3, if it's too much praise :p - just enjoy it as it is, while I get sober.... ;) Gotta love those long weekends :p )

5. martymoose

martymoose Registered

Its good to see how feels is progressing along on his path, not sure what his final goal is but I suspect most likely someone will snap him up to do his work on their games/sims soon. Heck his first track was at a better standard then many other games final content, I cant wait to see how his Interlagos track progresses but almost selfishly hope he doesn't hurry too much as we may lose him soon after if its released and rivals many other tracks by big devs.

Spa may be a bit too big so maybe he may want to develop his skills on another epic track but maybe not as big as Spa say Bathurst hint hint lol.

6. BanjoMaster

BanjoMaster Registered

Oh of course, I fully appreciate that. I think the problem is we see Feels' work as it stands (and even on the first release of Croft) and say 'holy crap, that's amazing, and orders of magnitude better than anything ISI have done so far', whereas he's no doubt sitting there looking at it thinking 'that's wrong, that's wrong, that bit's not good enough, that bit could be done better' :D I certainly wouldn't want him to do the big tracks such as Spa until he has enough confidence in his own abilities to be happy that he's doing it justice, but I would assure him that his work to date has been exemplary and would hope that he's not too critical of little details and errors that only he can see. The rest of us are blown away!

On the second point, yes I too am hoping that AC has caught his attention. Not the place or time for yet another AC vs rF2 bun fight, but I think his work would be glorious running in the new sim. In any case, I hope he doesn't get fed up and move on either, but I think it's only a matter of time before he's snapped up professionally. I just hope he lands in the 'right' camp for us :p

P.S. drinking on a school night!? Danger! :D

7. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

Just out of interest, has there been any more behind-the-scenes progress with this track?

I know Blackwater is the focus at the moment but can we expect to hear news about Interlagos soon?

8. Foxiol

Foxiol Registered

Yup...+1 to that. It will be great if he can finish it since he also said "it will be easier to finish it"...but also Feels needs to fix the problem with the trees after build 218 in their already released tracks.

Too much work for him, and since he is making every little detail in the new track (buildings)...we can wait and hope that he can finish that track soon and then start to fix the rest and finally Interlagos.

9. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

Guys, note that I'm working alone and just few hours per week :)

Second thing is that I would like to do another progress with new track. Now when I look at Poznan it looks mediocre at its best. It's time to move on and do some noticable progress, but it requires more time especially that as mentioned I work alone.

If I can work full time on my tracks, they could be much better / or you would already have 5 tracks instead of 3 in last year.

Thanks for your patience.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2013
  10. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Take your time feels!:)

11. Foxiol

Foxiol Registered

Take your time, we just love your work and it is a pleasure to drive in your creations. ;)

12. wollo

wollo Registered

Thanks you for your work feels. You take your time mate there's no rush at all. The important thing is that you enjoy making your tracks as much as we enjoy driving on them.

13. vicent-sollana

vicent-sollana Registered

Yeah like others says, take your time two per year would be fine,:)

Cheers.

14. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

+1 (but keep them coming lol)

15. Tortue G

Tortue G Registered

If you don't sleep, I'm sure that you can do this quicker ;) !
    Sleeping is a waste of time :cool: .

16. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

I'm sure most here won't agree when you say Poznan looks "mediocre".

17. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

I don't agree about Poznan is mediocre :eek:

Take your time feels3! I think sometimes people ask about progress because is nice to know that a great modder hasn't left and still "working" regardless the time you can dedicate to the tracks. Soon or later It will be available, or I hope It!

Maybe sounds "leecher" :D but is inevitable to wish you to doesn't stop doing something, but as I said, regardless the time you can dedicate... 3h or 30h, people has life! I wish I had the knowledge and time to do something like what you do.

Good work!

18. mclaren777

mclaren777 Registered

I hope feels3 finishes Interlagos around the same time Tuttle finishes the F3 mod because I'm really looking forward to that combo.

19. ForthRight

ForthRight Registered

Are you mad? It's still the best looking track available in my opinion. From the cockpit view it is awesome, the combination of track textures and lighting is the best I've seen.

Anyway, I just dropped by to say I'm looking forward to this track as much as ISI's Silverstone. You should be employed full-time by ISI, then the sim will improve exponentially.

20. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Its the progression any critical artist has, doesn't matter if you are creating tracks, building a website or painting a portrait, previous work is never good enough, always something that could have done better and hopefully, as Feels obviously is going through, a graduate learning curve and the need to improve.

I can relate as a painter, when I made something 10 years ago it was the most awesome thing I ever did, looking at it now I just laugh at myself :p
    So if Feels is unsatisfied with previous work, that means we will get even better stuff in the future :)

I'm with jamez, would love to see some more behind the scenes material, fascinating to see that stuff and also makes us all appreciate the work and modding in general even more.
    That SS and explanation by Santagoss for example, it blows my mind!

Anyways, I too just came in to give Feels a big thumbs up and I am patiently awaiting the progress on his work :)