AI No headlights?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FONismo, Apr 30, 2012.

1. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Is it possible somewhere in the config files to disable headlights for the AI cars? They seem to have them on at silly times on some tracks and i would like to stop them from using them

2. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Yes is possible but with the new mod system you've to know that this action can give you some problem on online races and, of course, AI never turns on their lights on night races...:) So, If you touch this stuff, make a complete backup of your installed tracks folders before proceeding.

BTW, you've to change this line in the .gdb file. There is one of this for every installed track.

- HeadlightsRequired = true (change in false)

You can find this file in (IE PalmBeach)..\Documents\rFactor2\Installed\Locations\PalmBeach\1.0

Inside this folder there are several .Mas files. Open the one with the track name without other stuffs (like ANIMS, GMT, MAPS etc..) and search for the gdb file.

Click on it and extract on your desktop. Do not close the .MAS file container.

Open with a txt editor and change the HeadlightsRequired line from true to false, save and close.

Go in the .MAS file and drag&drop your new .gdb inside the .MAS container. Close and save.

PS; if the system ask you for a .MAS file program you can find it in the Tools folder of rF2 (MAS2.exe);

..\Documents\rFactor2\Support\Tools

3. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Thanks alot tuttle mate, much appreciated :)

4. Tuttle

Hoping this helps with Headlight bug.....U're welcome mate..:)

5. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Yeah the headlights now are really not ideal. Trying to do a video and the shaders and shadows seem to work best at times when it's not dark but approaching it and the headlights ruin the cockpit shadows. Really hope the headlights are near the top of the " to do " list as i love night racing

6. Tuttle

Agreed. I think there are at least four major bugs to fix in this field; car reflection shaders, random headlights, car shadows and "headlights on cars" interaction.

I'm sure they'll fix it soon...:)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2012