Wheelspin at start bug or change ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BasJon, Apr 28, 2012.

1. BasJon

BasJon Registered

Okay I wanted to say has anyone else noticed the starts with the meganes, ever since the GT mod was released I played this for a week or so then switched back to the more fun megane, so when you start a race with the gt1 car it burns out like crazy with no traction obviously the car has alot of bhp, now from day one of release with the megane my starts usually was not bad as in sometimes the car would fly away nice, and a few times it would bog down and grip too much, but now for the past month on portugal and north loop every damn time my car lights up the rears at the start and makes no attempt to move hence I lose quite a few places, strangely on mills this never happens, it still always starts off the line like it did from the start.

2. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Hard to say man differen trcks have different amounts of grip, also theres rubber build up that gives more grip online,

3. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

Well, if you've got your foot planted on the floor and the wheels spin, it's not a bug, if you're light on the throttle and they spin, something's a miss...simple hey? :)

4. BasJon

BasJon Registered

yes I see what your saying but I was refering to that it never did it before patch 0.69 I havent changed anything

5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I cant say I've noticed any change, nothing in the Meganes was updated in the last patch. Have you tried recalibrating your pedals? Maybe that needs to be done or maybe your pedals are on their way out!

6. BasJon

BasJon Registered

thanks anyway marc, its def not my end as a few in my clan have the same problems, it maybe to do with where they changed something on the tyre model on last patch, its just strange its fine on mills but not the other 2 tracks..

7. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

I was experimenting starting with pit limiter on. lol. It really limits tire spin. :p

8. BasJon

BasJon Registered

lol behave racer :D

9. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

Test without the patch then and compare.

10. BasJon

BasJon Registered

is it possible to wind back a patch without a complete reinstall then ?

11. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

well...that sure is an idea...Ill sure use it

12. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I've noticed problems with diffs and transmission slippage since the GT patch came out. I've been having issues taking off from a standing start too (although different from your issue) and this past week I've been working up the F2's and I've noticed that the AI also has some issues taking off from the line and I tend to get sideways and light them up when normally my starts are perfect.

Something changed with the latest patch and it is with the diffs. Hopefully it gets fixed.

13. BasJon

BasJon Registered

Glad someone else sees it although I dont wish it on you,but glad to see and hope it will be fixed