Cancelling/Changing a Pitstop

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PLAYLIFE, Apr 25, 2012.

1. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

Apologies if there is a thread or this has been addressed elsewhere, I did a search and couldn't find any mention.

What I find frustrating in rFactor 1 is when going to the pits for a tyre change, fuel and/or damage repair that you cannot change your pre-selected choice whilst in a stop.

I just ran a race in rF2 where it was raining so I pitted for wets, but as the 40 odd second pit stop was taking place it stopped raining and I wanted to scrap my selection of wets and go back out on slicks. However, it's not possible to cancel/change the pit-stop options whilst in a pitstop (as in rFactor 1). It would be a huge improvement if you could change your selections during a pitstop - time should be added for the additional change from the time when you select it (maybe your new selection verified with 'enter'). It happens in real-life when they make mistakes (putting on wets instead of inters then changing their mind), they can immediately rectify it by slapping on another set of boots.

Similarly, with damage when you forget to turn off 'repair damage' and so you sit there for 3 minutes while your crew repair a non-essential door panel that has practically if not zero impact on car performance. TO say it's mildly annoying is an understatement! Especially since you have no idea how long a certain repair will take (save you delve into the appropriate files defining damage/pit-stop repair times prior to racing).

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2012
  2. coops

coops Banned

change same way rf does with the lcd mode.

3. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

No I mean once the process of the pit-stop is underway, it can't be stopped.

Example:
    - you come into the pits for damage repair
    - repair starts, the message box states the repairs will take 180 seconds
    - you are stuck waiting until the repairs are finished

I would like an option to exit the pit-stop even if it means the repairs weren't carried out.

Similarly in my rF2 example in the original post, wanting to change tyres after realising going onto wets was the wrong choice mid-way through my stop. Unfortunately you can't, you're stuck with the tyres they give you and are forced to do another lap and another pit-stop.

Hope that's a bit more clear.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2012
  4. GauchoRS

GauchoRS Registered

+1

I don´´t like to be stucked in repair action as well. Should be changed, really!

1 person likes this.
  5. coops

coops Banned

understand

+1 for that

6. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

*bump*, maybe this thread can be placed in the Wish List sub-forum.

Cheers

7. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Pit stop presets like they have in Race07 would be awesome. Would solve all those problems.

8. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

I'm +1 but remember that some additional logic must/should be added then. For example if repairing of destroyed suspension has to be stopped, then they must have time to assembly just removed parts back. I'm not even sure it would be possible in real.
    Thinking deeper, try to list damages which might be stooped at the middle allowing to continue the race. Finally the game should simulate any damage separately, dividing work on parts like dismounting, replacing, mounting. Each one might be set for some time frame (maybe visualized) to be free to decide if it is worth to dropping the action or not.

However it should be possible (and easier to implement) to change decision about tyres. Such decision may require additional time depending on replacement stage (if new tyre is mounted already or not).

9. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

Yeh there's definitely a few caveats related to being half-way through a change when opting to modify your decision, but for basics, I think the ability to effectively re-change your tyres would be a greatly appreciated option in the future.

After that, the ability to opt out of damage repairs or whatever can be developed.

10. lopsided

lopsided Registered

I pitted for tires and apparently had some damage that I was not aware of (I could swear it was just a scratch!, I barely rolled) :) ...it proceeded to repair the damage. Estimated pit stop 263 seconds. Yikes. I don't suppose there is anyway to forego damage repair is there?

11. Armando

Armando Registered

Yes, it appears in the HUD display before pitting, in the same screen as tires, fuel... You can select if you want to repair or not.

12. Axly

Axly Registered

I need to stop reading here when in the office, colleagues find it very annoying when I laugh out loud. ;)

13. Fabio Pittol

Fabio Pittol Registered

I think to keep it modding friendly + support the promised pit crew animations we can't ask much, unfortunatelly.

But, the ability to cancel damage repair while it's in progress is a must-have. NR2003 had this!! :cool:

14. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

I find it funny when the each side of the car is jacked up individually (Nascar style) when the car has an airjack system.

15. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

I may be thinking of something else, but isn't there a clicky on the bottom of the screen when you are in pits to cancel or leave pits? I presume you could use this to stop the repairs and get back on track.

Also, there should be an option in the plr file to choose if you want to automatically fix non specified issues such as damage. If you look for smart pitcrew, you can set to 0 to turn it off so they won't fix anything you don't tell them to.

16. lopsided

lopsided Registered

I've really got something odd going on because when I encounter a penalty for False Start and go to serve it, I simply can't. The menu option is either missing (it's normally at the top) or it says N/A beside it (even though penalty screen list 1 penalty, 3 laps to serve etc.) OR I see it on the list and it simply will not allow me to choose it. Going up or down the menu it simply skips it and I can't do anything about it.
    When I kinda rolled the car I looked for the option to repair or not and it wasn't listed. Now I'm wondering if this is in anyway connected with the HUD one chooses to display, there are 3 styles (speaking of the looks of the tach/speedo) not the assorted info. boxes.

17. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

I have that issue at times as well lopsided, but I haven't really paid attention to when I get it. Will have to play around a bit and see if it is track specific or car specific or just game overall.