To all the people complaing about no DX11 :)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Spinelli, Apr 21, 2012.

1. djt

djt Registered

Sure with the limited budget ISI has to work with it's not hard to imagine even DirectX 9 not being utilized to it's fullest extent. The problem is many of us take simulation games seriously and want to see rFactor get an advanced, up to date game engine like what we've already seen from other racing titles, which with some features are technically impossible with a game engine that uses DirectX 9.

2. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

Watch these videos again...please. And try to understand that graphical level of rf2 has nothing to do with DX's version.

left side - DX9 vs DX11 - right side

3. djt

djt Registered

Lol, I don't have to watch the video I've had both of those titles installed on my machines. Were not talking about just graphical level not to mention you also have to take into consideration that both of those titles were relatively early DirectX 11 releases.

4. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

I could not care less about DX11 or any other graphical technology. I love rFactor whatever engine and technology it employs.

5. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Lol.. a blind love ;)

6. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

You do know that pCARS looks identical in DX9 and DX11, right?

7. djt

djt Registered

Not completely identical (I've got build 197 installed) but if you look through this thread you'll see some of us are just as interested in hardware utilization and performance as we are with eye candy.

If you look at this video “Triple Projector 3D Racing Simulator Update” you'll see a little bit of rFactor2 and pCARS -

http://www.virtualr.net/mikemavs-simulator-wheel-review-more

New Community Previews -

http://www.virtualr.net/project-cars-new-community-previews

8. Andreas Binz

Andreas Binz Registered

Better graphics is the one thing, but i've heard about better performance in DX11.

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2013
  9. Carlos Eduardo Araujo

Carlos Eduardo Araujo Registered

In my case, i use DX11 in pCars and i get about 60% more FPS.

Anhalt GP Finish Line + - 63 FPS DX11
    Anhalt GP Finish Line + - 40 FPS DX9

If rFactor 2 have support DX 11 I think we will have a big performance gain.

10. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

...and let's face it, we need all the performance gains we can get with this game.

11. TONIO DURAN

TONIO DURAN Registered

necesidad DX11 .necesidad DX11.necesidad DX11.necesidad DX11.necesidad DX11.necesidad. DX11.NO DX9.DX11.NO DX9.DX11.NO DX9.PLEASE.RF2.ISI.

12. Carlos Eduardo Araujo

To rFactor 2 have compatibility with DX 11 I believe that engine would have to be modernized. Something about that ISI?

13. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

Friends, ISI ruined 9DX, you want same repugnant 11DX? Gmotor isn't calculated on 11DX. It it is completely necessary to change the graphic engine. It isn't real. ISI do all the by hands.
    To balance DX9 graphics, to achieve realness of color and paints, only then to improve in DX11.

I against DX11

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2013
  14. Carlos Eduardo Araujo

The evolution for the DX 11 is required. Sometimes we need time, but we need to take steps forward.

15. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

rFactor3 (coming June, 2016)

Featuring..

* Full OpenGL Rendering (Screw DX11)

* 1:1 Rendering of the whole earth with all real racetracks placed throughout in their proper Geographic Locations

* Procedural Rendering of that world and infinite viewdistance

* Simplified Highway networks across the world connecting points of interest

* Automatic downloading of all content in an area (models, textures, sounds and tracks) as you approach (via torrent protocol)

* Realistic Day/Night cycle with accurate atmospheric modeling and real star chart used for the night sky

* Customizable HTML in-game menu's and HUD

* Scaling multiplayer cloud for large events

* 14 levels of detail to guarantee high frames and unsurpassed detail.

* In-Game mod search and download

* Ability to modify both track and car live in-game and see/drive changes

* Easy scripting ability in almost any language

I am not dreaming, just waiting

16. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

Sounds like a bunch of women in here for crying out loud.

17. osella

osella Registered

ZeosPantera huh what.. june 2016 sounds about right for rf2 being closed to finished :p
    rf 3 - maybe next decade alpha will start.. not that theres no need to fantasize about rf3, we'd all be happy with finalised rf2 (at least physics wise)

18. Nils

Nils Registered

looks like dx11´s graphical improvements aren´t needed, but the performance improvements could come in handy.

19. Carlos Eduardo Araujo

I think the DX 11 version because of performance. We'd have big FPS gain. And it could also have the DX 9 version, same as pCars. And each could decide which version to use.

20. BULIT

BULIT Registered

Some people think that the simulator has to look as project cars. Yes RF2 should have DX11 and the new technologies it anyway. Graphically well encounter little shader. For me, it would be sufficient to improve the shaders. It clearly demonstrates a better DX9 shaders in rf1. Personally, I'm waiting until it finally ISI understand and enable people to improve their game. I am glad that the ISI is focused on driving model that is most important. But honestly RF2 be more friendly for people who do mod. Mainly I mean more editors (for example physics editor for engine etc). So the ISI continue the good work to improve driving model and let people make better graphics (for example allow custom shaders). Most of all I liked the freedom rf1, absolutely perfect ..