Next Update.....?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nand Gate, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cracheur

Cracheur Registered

"There's no benefit to us". / "we're still doing everything WE planned to do". So basically this means that 5 months after the beta opening you're still developing the game itself. Seconld you don't care about the people in the beta as long as there is no benefit to you. Sad but at least an honest statement. Somehowever where's money flow, there normally as well kind of a company <> customer relationship. Once this is established, the customer can expect more that the pure benefit of the company itself.

2. Cracheur

Cracheur Registered

might be however "everything WE planned to do" does not sound like feedback from anybody is being taken into account. Anyway that's not an issue to me. It can take 2 years as long as it gets good. I only disagree with their communication policy. We are pre-financing the game and hence I personnally think that ISI could give more feedback on what is being done... (not to say with my money-;).... ouff this raise hell again over here...

3. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

This is true and it's what I think as well, BUT, let's face it, modders now are stucked (and I'm as well) because we do not know how to proceed in the deepest part of the mod development (it's not just a modeling process and exporting, you know). I actually do not know If what I'm doing will be working in the same way when new updates comes, just because I've no idea where they're working on. Maybe could be nice if someone told me a stuff like this; "ok, wait...park your project for now...or do not worry too much about HDR, RR and shader X and Y, you can proceed just on modeling and basic settings....".

I'm not going to debate ISI choices, I have to respect their own process...but this is the reality at the moment; we do not know if what we're doing, except modeling, deserve more development and testing with the current build, or a "pause" mode, waiting for next updates.

Sorry if I'm talking about "modders", maybe it's just me. :rolleyes:

4. BasJon

BasJon Registered

Well I have a feeling there could be something being released this weekend, or so my crystal ball thinks :D

5. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

+1

I fully agree with you.

I have a lot of patience and in my opinion there is no need to rush but this is true, a lot of moders just don't know what to do next with their projects.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2012
  6. Alesi

Alesi Registered

+100500
    absolutely! this stage - main aim for modders! and now they just dont know what to do, cause they dont on how it (game) will developing

7. Mulero

Mulero Registered

I four weeks ago I have this feeling ......... :p

8. Skin

Skin Registered

It is a Beta though mate. I'm just happy to be able to play it. I know it's not finished so I don't care about any problems at this stage. I'm sure ISI want to release the game as soon as possible but they also want it to be at a certain standard first.

I'm just going to chill, play with what I've got and wait patiently for the better stuff to come. :cool:

9. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I think you're reading too much into the "we" comment, already in the previous updates we've seen community mentioned items make their way in. I think Tim was trying to say they are getting the core of the game to where they want it before adding wish list items and such, which I personally have no problem with. Gjon has already mentioned the need to alter the modid system so we know that's in the works.

As for lack of communication at times then yes, to me that's where ISI need to acknowledge us a bit more.

10. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Most of the wish list items were already on our own list. Right now there really hasn't been anything suggested that is a brand-new thought for the rF2 project, and had to be slotted in before anything we already planned.

11. Cracheur

Cracheur Registered

that's great to hear. Does this imply that you're still in line with your developement schedule?

12. MarcG

MarcG Registered

cool thats nice to hear, presume thats not forgetting the origial Wish List thread as well! (which I knew Jeremy posted in).

13. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

That, I don't know. I haven't been into the office in a while due to my schedule. :(

14. lezec

lezec Registered

And you are doing rFactor2 for Free? I don't think so Tim. The modders do, and they give us more updates on their work then you do.

15. c.pucher

c.pucher Registered

wow ... nothing else to say ...

16. Axeslayer

Axeslayer Registered

LOL there are some impatient folks around here

17. Yarach

Yarach Registered

People, please. There is no release date planned and when you bought this game you knew and accepted the fact this is still beta. No one ever mentioned there should be monthly updates. I know ISI is a fair company and they will release a top notch product, just as they always have with their great gMotor engine. Lots of company's have used this engine including EA games. So please have patience and see what is coming!

18. D1Racer

D1Racer Registered

Lol, yet the modders ( I am one myself too) use ISI's worked on engine's as a base. In reality, it is quite simple to put a 3d model ingame, yet all the work ISI does to the base engine cannot be overlooked. Without them there would be no us. And imagine if they went so commercial as to lock us modders out, instead of opening there door wider. What other game gives tutorials on how to export stuff to work ingame? Do you not see what makes them better? They let modders in, share their secrets, so we may have a better game. Is that really not enough to keep yall chilled, the knowledge that there will be so much more for rFactor2 even "IF" or when ISI stops supporting it. I mean really, how long did rFactor (1) last for?

It is completely different to compare us modders to ISI. ISI is a business, and as a business there is plenty to do to keep that business running. Where as a modder, it's just your spare time. And us modders post those updates to get feedback to fuel our passion(read ego's). Where as a business, you would post that kind of stuff to get investors (aka pCARS). (not trying to start a pCARS vs rFactor2 thing here, I'm in them both and both have their plusses and minuses.....)

But fact is, rFactor 2 standard licence is half the price of any other game out there, lifetime subscription is still cheaper than most recent bull****. If you can't realise and handle that this game is made by a small, dedicated group and therefore might be slow with updates, but worth it in the end, then why are you here?

Facts is, kids will be kids..

Oh and BTW, I'd rather wait until the end of year for release, so they can get everything sorted and spot on. I've seen what happens to a rushed release and it doesn't bode well.

Take your time and get it right!

19. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

@yarah, knee down and start praying to isi. yor post sounds like this.

D1, we are customers, then modders. in both cases we deserve more attention. we are also money involved. otherwise beta would be for free. but it is not.

im not going to talk about price cause it is irrelevant at this point but you are wrong. as well as in case other companies supporting community. for example Bohemia Interactive (Operation Flashpoint, Arma2) has way way better support for community. btw this company is very simmilar to ISI in number of members as well as working on pro non-game simulations/simulators.

so please stop sayin that ISI is something extraordinary. we are glad with all they did till now but I would be there even without them

20. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Tim can ban me I don't care. You max are a F'in moron. If it wasn't for ISI you'd be playing netkar or PAYING big bucks at iracing. You can take your unachievable expectations and shove them up your arse. You are annoying and only trolling and have been trolling for a long time. Get a life dude.

I feel better about trolling this troll. See ya fellas. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.