Next Update.....?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nand Gate, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alesi

Alesi Registered

2. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Problem is you and some others only seem to go on about graphics 80% of the time and i would presume right now that they are not top priority for ISI in terms of feedback. I thought the release was more for the mod teams, modders to get an insight of what to expect and get a head start. Really the majority of us here are not modders and have signed purely because we wanted to see what rF2 was all about after racing rF1 for so long.

I agree with alot of stuff you say regarding visuals btw but as said there will be time in the future when that feedback will be valuable for them. Maybe they are working hard behind the scene on the graphics already, who knows? We all presume they are not but they easily could be as physics and art will be different people. We all know ISI are not like other teams out there that are loud and brash and making hideous statements all the time. They do their thing how they like and don't normally jump when people say jump if that makes sense

I agree though i would like to see more consistency in builds released and just general dev posts

3. Kenneth Sehested Pedersen

Kenneth Sehested Pedersen Registered

+1

4. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

It's because it is most noticeable thing and always has been defended by "it is wip". But since it is wip almost nothing changed (excluding fixes).
    Also because there are no competitors with for example RealRoad-like technology, but there are a few way with better visuals and sounds.

But I can talk about a lot of things we all forgetting while arguing here about gfx. What about driver changes promised years ago by Gjon (inside simracing interview)? What about clutch simulation, turbo simulation, active diffs, dirt racing, better loose surface sim? Why tarmac has still 0 (zero) friction? What about spotter development we has been asked for half year ago? What about improvements in sound engine?
    But all of those question has been asked at least once in the past. All I have read about it is: "we consider it maybe in future".

5. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Yes i understand MaXy, i am not disagreeing with you, in fact the opposite. I just said i agree with alot you say but i just think it needs toning down from time to time. We would all like it to look better, but us all keep saying it and banging the same drum is not gonna change things and suddenly make them jump. I spose we just have to trust them when they say what we have now is WIP graphically and try and stay patient.

If clutch and turbo simulation though is not implemented then i will be very dissapointed and that's the point really. I would rather see ISI working on that than worrying about the eye candy right now.

Also, i think the next content we see may be a good indication of where we will be heading in terms of visuals. I seem to remember Tim saying the next cars would be a step up in quality and Scott also said the tracks would now start improving.

6. Salajutsu

Salajutsu Registered

I don't think anyone can really put out the fact that the next build is still not even released yet.

This thread went people chanting over and over to digging up expectations and analyzing every piece of text.

What a jump!

7. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I was thinking the same thing the other day, it would'nt take 10minutes to do a quick write up on the State Of The Game once every month, give people an insight into what cool things are happening, what might be coming, how the Beta is progressing etc etc.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2012
  8. Alesi

Alesi Registered

+100500
    ISI is it so hard to do???

9. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Something like that below you mean? But on a more regular basis and covering all aspects of the sim and not only tracks?

Would be great

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/4686-Track-Development-Update-19Mar2012

10. RafBR

RafBR Registered

I have SMS pCars since the begining and have to say I updated my build only a couple of times. Thats a silly arcade.

I think one update per month as ISI said it would be is nice. But this monthly build is late and the worse is that I/we dont know what they are doing exactly. Even without the build, notes about what is being doing would be great!

ISI, if you improve what is already there we, the sim racers, will be very pleased.

regards!

11. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

About prioriting physics over graphics, I cant see that physics guys need to work on graphics =)

12. MarcG

MarcG Registered

yeah pretty much, Scott does a good job of keeping us upto date about the tracks side of things, but theres so much more to the sim that someone else could quickly write about.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2012
  13. D1Racer

D1Racer Registered

I don't recall ISI saying anything about there definitely being monthly updates.

14. coops

coops Banned

+1

I don't recall ISI saying anything about there definitely being monthly updates.

15. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Excluding "definitely" word, they said.

16. D1Racer

D1Racer Registered

I'm pretty sure they said that they will not give a schedule in case they miss it and all hell breaks loose on the forums.

I think someone said something along the lines of they would like to aim for monthly updates, and of course people took that as a promise for monthly updates.

17. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Not promise but expectation. BUt at the end it doesn't matter. We have no enough feedback about what is going on despite we are beta-testers.

18. D1Racer

D1Racer Registered

Expect nothing and you will never be disappointed.

But seriously, there are no real grounds for your expectations. And also, would you rather they update you on every bit of progress or continue to work on the game. Tim keeps us as informed as he can, but I doubt he knows everything that is going on. And he has stated before that just because the other dev members don't post/reply much, doesn't mean that they don't read posts and take our input in.

I think people have gotten too used to how much SMS keeps us informed in regards to pCARS. Be aware that scenario is different, as you are more part of the development team than just a beta tester.

And also, I sound like a broken record here, but ISI is only a small dev team. Just be patient.

19. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

There is same case as waiting for rF2 it self. No one promised it will be released for 100%. But every one is expecting it for last 3 years

Both. Especially because they are late, they provided beta instead of full ver, current state doesn't contain a lot of years ago announced features (ie driver swap) or dated ones (gfx engine). So expecting information about progress is imo something natural.

IMO, it is not a reason to leave customers/beta testers no informed. At least it is bad PR.
    BTW in pCARS you are not a developer. You are investor.

BTW: Do you really think other dev teams has hundreds of developers?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2012
  20. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

That's a good idea.

FYI, in answer to the posts asking about responses to bug reports, etc, the devs read and then act, they don't take the time (nor would you really want them to) to talk about it. It would simply slow down the development too much getting into discussion. But as I said above, a monthly (or more often, perhaps) text update post would be beneficial and would perhaps give you an indication of the workload that actually goes into a software update (because sometimes a feature took a lot longer than you might think).

I'm sure things also seem a little more deserted when I'm not here posting. Right now (and since the start of the racing season really) I am busy with other duties and that's cut into my time here almost entirely, but I'll add that idea of a dev update to my schedule.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.