Next Update.....?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nand Gate, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

I like that car! :p

2. Dany Mitchel

Dany Mitchel Registered

pCars

Hi I think a monthly update is quite reasonable time between updates
    take a look at pCars they this is also a Beta and they release an update Daily to diferent levels of members some wait 1 every month some weekly and top members daily
    So to expect an update monthly should not prove to big a deal I mean that is a full 30 days to fix something anything but something

3. Uff

Uff Registered

Indeed, but you have to keep in mind how many workers are at SMS and how many are at ISI. ;)

4. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

How many?

5. Alesi

Alesi Registered

ISI also can ask for help

6. Alesi

Alesi Registered

number of people in ISI cant be the reason, ask help)))

7. Nightrat

Nightrat Registered

Putting more people into a long running software project results seldom in a speed boost and often increases the costs.
    Let ISI work how they like.
    Being myself a software developer, I hate it, when more and more pressure is put on developers in most companies.
    I always had the feeling that ISI is one of the companies which is different in that point.
    Maybe that's a little stupid of me, but that's one reason why i bought rfactor two times and that I bought the beta/test version immediatly when it came out.
    There is more on earth than "I want all and I want it now"-mentality.

8. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

I would rather wait 3 months between builds and let ISI do their thing, in their own time, than have weekly "graphic updates" to an arcade racer like pCARS.

95% of what you listed in those release notes are graphic updates. It's pretty much the same every week (I get weekly builds): all graphics and no guts. It's just a screen shot maker, it's not a racing sim.

ISI are doing real work on a real sim. They are taking their time and doing it right. Not rushing out weekly builds crammed with more and more content and with more and more bugs.

I am perfectly content to wait as long as it takes because ISI are making quality content.

1 person likes this.
  9. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

I have a feeling that you are going to pray to ISI in a while ;)

Note, that currently ISI is paid for the work. rF2 is not project for free. Additionaly it is not only one company which make quality content (to be honest I could argue about quality in case of all companies ;) ) So please stop write bs.

10. Alesi

Alesi Registered

exactly, its not a free product so they cant make it forever))

11. MarcG

MarcG Registered

.......and still people cant be HAPPY they have at least TWO great sims to race with.......

12. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

which ones? rf1 and iR?

13. blakboks

blakboks Registered

I see this argument thrown around a lot on these boards: "I'd rather have A without C rather than B with C." Who says that those two things are mutually exclusive? It is possible to have frequent updates AND do a good sim racing game? The fact that pCars releases frequent updates has no bearing on the quality of it's simulation. Is it possible that we'd see more bugs? Sure, absolutely! But we wouldn't have to wait so long for a fix if updates were released more frequently.

14. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

blakboks, don't worry. On this forum arcade is synonym for good gfx or frequent updates.
    In other words real sim cannot have good gfx or be done by scheduled and documented process because it will automatically turn into arcade ;)
    I don't understand that, but it is how I see that.

15. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Haha that's not what I said, or even implied, and you know it ;)

I've been a member at WMD since day one. I've been getting weekly builds for 6 months.

To me, it's not a sim. It's target audience is Forza and Gran Turismo. Ian Bell even said so in an interview with autosimsport. To me, those are not sims either.

So don't put words or thoughts into my posts that are not there.

pCARS isn't supposed to be sim. The Developers themselves have said so publicly. So don't get so defensive :)

16. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

+1
    I have the same experience with pCARS.

17. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

I would like to see more small updates, makes the wait for the gold product not seem that long.

I would say at least 2 updates per month would be nice. That will make the time fly by until it get's GOLD!

Anyway, if you aim for like 2 updates per month, you don't need to stress out with big changes, small changes everytime and can focus more the small stuff. And so on.

18. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

To me it is not about waiting for gold release. Since it's called beta (even if I could give it other name) I expect some feedback. We are testers and also customers. That's why we should see results of work we take a part. Progress reports, change logs etc are nothing special, just check other software. There are million posts about wishes, ideas and bugs. Database of issues collected yet since rf1. And almost no response.
    Unfortunately without feedback I take rf2 beta as just way to give us "just something to shut us for a while" because promised product is still not ready.

19. Cangrejo

Cangrejo Registered

+1 MaXyM

We have already talked a lot about this but I totally agree

20. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

A monthly dev. post would be nice. Even if it were just a couple of sentences. It could be a locked thread and stickied to the top.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.