Have you noticed where the REAL racing is???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bryan Birtwell, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Bryan Birtwell

Bryan Birtwell Registered

Howdy race fans! Have any of you noticed the activity on the "F3s @ Spa = Fun" server?

It's had a couple variations of the name, but the story is the same. These F3 cars are the finest cars in rFactor 2! I think if you give them a try, you'd agree!

Now, if you like the 60's cars and just want to hot lap and crash all the time, pick an F1 and go get frustrated. If you want to do some real racing, I'm talking about neck and neck, lap after lap, come visit "F3s @ Spa = Fun!"

Oh, and drafting??? There's nothing like 4 or 5 F3s drafting down the long straights of Spa! Passing each other, and getting passed back. These little cars are the best!

Right now the server is set up at my home. Soon (possibly tomorrow) it will set up at my computer shop, where I have a much, much better internet connection. Although, the server has had as many as 15 drivers with absolutely no lag!

I will also be installing the 60's cars all tracks mod on that server very soon, so that I can add some more tracks.

Now for the real reason for this post. If you've been enjoying this open server... It's going to get locked soon!

Right now there are 10 drivers that consistently show up to race. These racers have learned about the joys of actually having consistently clean starts and being able to complete 3 to 5 lap races. I think some of them are actually living in my server!

I will post all the info on attaining the password for the F3s @ Spa = Fun! server tomorrow when I'm more awake : )

1 person likes this.
  2. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Sounds interesting. Personally i prefer the F2's, i do like the F1's but they take far too long to get the tyres upto temps. F2' have the perfect blend of sideways action if you choose but planted and fast aswell.

3. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Go for it Bryan
    cheers

4. Richard Busch

Richard Busch Member

I love the F3's. I haven't raced them online because I can't find a server for them. I'll have to fire up rF2 this weekend and give it a go.

5. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl Registered

F3's are wonderfull indeed. We run weekly events with them on RD. Watkins Glen is the next track we go to.

They are indeed superb to drive, especially using the H Gears from the G25/27. Makes it a realistic and very enjoyable drive!

6. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Bryan said : "I will also be installing the 60's cars all tracks mod on that server very soon, so that I can add some more tracks."

Huh? And how will I learn all of these? It took me a month for SPA and yet! (must find me a way quit work)

7. Duarte Pires

Duarte Pires Registered

Hi there Marco would love to particpate in those! where can I see that?

8. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

9. Nizmo

Nizmo Registered

Great news Bryan! Agree the F3's are excellent. Like the other Nismo said, I also like the F2's as they're a good balance between the F1/F3. I haven't been playing much rf2 lately, but will give your server a try later or tomorrow. Good to hear the historicals are getting some action online. Whenever I've looked around, there's been nothing going on with these fine cars.

10. jomaho

jomaho Registered

Thanks Bryan! You have a pretty stable server. I hope to race on your server more in the future. Lotsa fun!!!

11. privatebrian

privatebrian Registered

Bryan

well what can i say these little cars are an absolute blast,most fun i've had in ages and i for one would love to join your server,if you'll have me.addicted driver privatebrian.;)

I would just like to add that thier are some fantastic drivers on this server that will give you a good
    sweaty palm race all the way to the finnish.

And a big thankyou to Bryan for setting up this server Thankyou sir!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2012
  12. Shadow789

Shadow789 Registered

I do love how everyone in this server tries their best to race cleanly. When an accident happens you know the other person was just as nervous as you were going top speed in a corner side by side. Thrilling racing! Can't wait for more tracks!

13. privatebrian

privatebrian Registered

+1 Shadow good clean racin, whitenuckle kinda stuff,wheel to wheel,amazing,i love it.

14. Jimmi Bo

Jimmi Bo Registered

I have to agree!

I nervously tried my first online RF2 races the other night on the F3s @ Spa = Fun server. I haven't raced online since GPL in around 2005. I was surprised at the careful, clean racing, it was a real blast!!!

If the server is to be passworded, I'd be very interested in getting that password :)

15. hushypushy

hushypushy Registered

I love these little F3's...of course you guys have seen me in the server a lot lately ;)

If anyone wants any tips on Spa, let me know...in the F3 most of the turns are flat-out (including Stavelot, for example) and watching replays I see a lot of people lifting or even downshifting through the turns.

This is the only place where I may have to disagree! When a lot of cars are in the same place, like the start, it can be quite laggy...although I suspect rF2's netcode and the fact that Australians are racing with Americans are racing with Europeans probably has more to do with it than your server. When we had 12 people in there last night I had absolutely no problems. I would really like to see a grid of 20+ drivers!

16. Andy_R

Andy_R Registered

I'm always looking for tips! I logged onto that server and saw they were putting in lap times 5 seconds faster than I had managed after some practice offline (4:20 or something compared to my 4:25 I think). Is that down to setups? I'm still using default setup as I'm useless with that stuff. Is there anywhere with some good setups I could try?

17. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

5 seconds at spa isn't much. That could be two MAYBE three corners. Setup might have something to do with it. Get the car low to the ground, take out the toe, rear and front, and max out on diff. power. You can also play with tire pressures but I haven't done much of that.

18. g7usl

g7usl Registered

I am honoured to be one of those regulars. Bryan has done a fantastic facility here and shortly we will start a series league. As for now, we are watching for all the clean racers only and those will be the ones who are considered first when this starts properly.

Some of you may remember the great 'Schumie' server on LFS where we ran a great series with as many as 12 racers all 'wheel-to-wheel' for the race duration. We intend to make this one the same.

ADMIN F.Dave

EDIT; Will all those who forgot where the brake pedal is between the start and Eu Rouge please stay in the pits, thank you.:cool:

19. taufikp

taufikp Registered

I joined for some race this morning (my time), too bad my race also was very short. Got a small push from behind during start, and it broke the rear suspension. Driving around Spa with broken suspension is sure hard. Finally I ended up in the other side of the fence in lap two. :D

20. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

im really loving these cars they remind if i may driving in RBR with great oversteer feel which i love! nothing like powersliding @ 130mph lol! btw im paul ceglia on the servers ive seen many of you there, great racing with you all and hope that there will be more to come ;)