Nissan GTR video kills Jeremy's back

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cleverleyson, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Cleverleyson

Cleverleyson Registered

Pretty funny see as when it snaps on me i can never hold it!

2. Spyder

Spyder Registered

More bad acting from Top Gear... Man I'm a cynical old bugger these days lol! Seriously though, has nobody else tired of the forced drama and comedy that seem to outweigh the actual car tests these days? I used to enjoy TG more when Tiff was in it...

3. Cleverleyson

Cleverleyson Registered

I just like seeing the cars :D

4. B1gch0pper

B1gch0pper Registered

For a car show I prefer Fifth Gear, for a fake bit of nonsense scripted entertainment Top Gear is OK, just a shame its presented by a wally who cant drive for diddly...

5. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

watch Top Gear U.S. it's a testament to moronic morons... hardly any car testing, just strange contests with old heaps of crap. it's a real joke.

6. sg333

sg333 Registered

Top Gear has nothing to do with cars, and i wish more people would realise that

7. Micha080

Micha080 Registered

I am big fan of TG, i like the cars, the challenges and that they do not take themselves too seriously.

btw, rf2 palm beach track reminds me a little bit of the tg test track

8. ROON

ROON Registered

The car in that video is an AWD, the rF2 GTR is RWD. Hence the disparity.

Yeah, it's essentially an hour long 'Three Stooges' episode loosely based around automobiles.

9. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Not that this topic is in anyway relevant to rF2, but while Fifth Gear is much better when it comes to actual knowledge about cars, TG takes the cake when it comes to the emotional side of cars. =)

10. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Top gear was what got me interested in Video Editing. They are kings when it comes to camera angles, editing, effects and filtering

11. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

The original TopGear will never be replicated. The characters bring original, funny, skits which reflect their personalities. The US TopGear show has none. No personality and nothing funny. It'll be dead in a year.

12. Spyder

Spyder Registered

From the quality of your screenshots I can see that they've inspired you! I love the camera work, it's the three crappy actors I can't stand.

13. Pandamasque

Pandamasque Registered

The GT1 car has almost nothing in common with the road car. Completely different engine, slick tires and of course different transmission. The GT-R road car has four wheel drive with lots of active electronics, traction and stability control, torque vectoring, active this and that and probably some flux capacitors :) The GT1 car is rear wheel drive and doesn't even have a simple traction control... at least in real life it doesn't.

14. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Thanks man. Yeah i agree they are getting a little tiresome these days. James May still makes me laugh though at times but the whole thing these days is way too scripted for my liking but i enjoy it for the video editing more than anything.

I did this video ages ago and it was Top Gear inspired inpaticular the start

15. Spyder

Spyder Registered

Great vid, I think Alan Boiston used that on his YouTube channel didn't he?

16. ORA-Oldie

ORA-Oldie Registered

Top Gear is for entertainment purposes only, and should never to be taken seriously.

A perfect example would be the Tesla that Clarkson 'tested' and showed it running out of power, when in fact the car was perfectly fine and able to continue for many more hours before needing a recharge.. even the courts agreed Clarkson did it for entertainment and was not serious with his actions and comments... and so Tesla Motor's case that it had caused a negative perception of their products was thrown out.

I think the US Top Gear variant is rubbish, as is the Aussie version. But I do enjoy the English guys un-PC humour.

17. Trebor901

Trebor901 Registered

Tesla took Top Gear to court and lost, twice. Which proves the courts thought top gear were telling the truth and whoever said that Jeremy or the other two for that matter, cant drive, well you talk rubbish.

18. ROON

ROON Registered

It doesn't prove that they told they truth at all. The courts decision was that the review wasn't damaging or defamatory towards Tesla, or if it was, it wasn't severe enough to warrant prosecution for libel.

19. Pandamasque

Pandamasque Registered

Tesla just used an opportunity to get some publicity on the back of a popular TV show, that's all. There was a good post on this issue in Andy Wilman's blog.