no mesh

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by Tobi Coats, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Tobi Coats

Tobi Coats Registered

Hey peoples. Started to export my track but when I go to test load the track rf2 pops up and says that racesurface 1has no meshes please check scn but my scn has the gmt loaded into it. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong

2. mianiak

mianiak Registered

Check search paths in the scn first and make sure they all point to the right place. Also open up your trace log and have a look for an entry called 'Cube error'.

3. Tobi Coats

Tobi Coats Registered

Checked all the paths and there set up right I'm just modifying joesville . Went through everything and it still come up "instance racesurface1 has no meshes. Check scene file for errors. " one thing I did notice when I went to make the scene file in max2010 it tells me "error during scene creation

4. mianiak

mianiak Registered

Sometimes you can end up with an object with no mesh, it usually happens when you start detaching things. Use the selection window to select that mesh, then right click and 'Isolate selection' if you see nothing, then delete it from the scene.

You can also manually remove it from the scn file, but it will pop up again when you try to export it.

Also in the scene rollout, select 'selected' radio button, that way only what you have selected will export to the scn.

5. Tobi Coats

Tobi Coats Registered

Hmm when ever I tell it to make a scene file it errors any suggestions? So it only makes a gmt

6. toebee

toebee Registered

It gives you the error just from making the scn file? Thats without exporting gmt? I've seen the error during scn creation before but it was from exporting gmt's at the same time. I don't know what caused it, but converting the mesh to editable poly before exporting always fixed it for me. Your first error (instance has no mesh) is probably being caused by the error during creation.