Drying track / dry line

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by ajk, Mar 29, 2012.

1. ajk

ajk Registered

Hi,

Track seems to be drying at an extreme rate after rainfall has stopped. Please have a look at the following video. It's from an actual online race start where heavy rain fell during warmup but race was started under clear skies. This is T1 on race start, 90% drivers were on slicks. There was no formation lap.

The wetspots on the track basically dissappear at once. It's like a drying track lapse but just happens within seconds. The last cars basically enter a dry T1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0m2pyAV193w&feature=player_detailpage#t=123s

This was the first half wet start for many, including myself. It was fairly difficult to spot the wet parts of the track from the cockpit. I had road reflections enabled but the reflection effect is very difficult to spot unless it covers most parts of the track. Have a look at the drying track and a laugh at the T1 hickups ;)

I hope ISI takes notice and judge whether things should be adjusted or not.

thanks!

PS. Build rF2 0.69, stock Megane mod.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2012
  2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Totally depends on your settings. What time scaling did you have, for example? Wind? It takes a long time for the dry line to form if you have realtime settings.

3. KaIIe

KaIIe Registered

We have similar issues. The Race Time Scale is set to Normal on our server. Are there any other settings that might have an effect on this? I noticed there's a "TimeScaledWeather="1" // Whether weather time is scaled with session length" in the .plr, does this affect it also?

4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

That is the same setting, I believe. Please feel free to test it, maybe the ui isn't changing it.