Help With Fanatec Club Sport Pedals

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BasJon, Mar 22, 2012.

1. BasJon

BasJon Registered

Hi I have owned my Gt2 Wheel and club sport pedals about 2 weeks, I wanted to ask if anyone can help with the throttle, so I have turned sens down to min ingame for the throttle but when I push my pedal down around 1/4 of the way the revs are like up to 5500 ish then half way down its nearly red lining not so good for driving with no traction.

2. JuanitoRPM

JuanitoRPM Registered

Try to configure it in the Fanatec control panel of the wheel, test it too in other games or use dxtweak2 for definitive tuning. I have only CSP and works fine, some cars are more critical than others with the throttle (real cars too). :)

I use dxtweak2 for rF1 but with rF2 works without tweaks.

Good luck, you only need some testing hours. :p

3. BasJon

BasJon Registered

ok thanks I shall give it a go :) just tried the fanatec control panel the pedals work perfect there, so it must be something in game

4. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Something is wonky there BasJon. You want linear inputs so keep your sensitivity at 100. Check in the controls screen when you press the throttle that the green bar is rising with your inputs correctly.

5. BasJon

BasJon Registered

okay I shall check now and come back and report thanks racer :)

okay update, in game on the settings it works correct with settings at 100 i push the pedal half way the green bar goes half way, then I hit race in megane sit in garage press pedal down between 1/3 to half way, and the engine is red lining..

6. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

It will do that in neutral. Once it's in gear and out of the track off the limiter test it. It should react properly.

I've never actually noticed it did that in neutral until now. lol

7. BasJon

BasJon Registered

okay racer thanks I shall keep testing just sometimes it feels hard to gently apply throttle on some corner exits with no traction and woop I spin and no I am not a club foot lol :)

8. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I had my CSP's for a year and I had nothing but problems with them. They need constant attention, the Hall sensors will fail after a short period of time and they are not well built. Make sure they work correctly in the Windows Game Controllers Applet. Sounds like a calibration issue I've had- sometimes they won't return to zero, sometimes they spike. These pedals are really expensive pieces of ****.

Get your money back.

9. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

And for the flip side of the above post: I haven't had any issues and I think I got one of the first few off the production line WAY back... I do zero maintenance of them, I use default settings both in control panel and rF2 for the throttle...

10. sg333

sg333 Registered

Had mine for 2 months now and they are excellent! The ONLY issue i have is when i load a car on a track the throttle seems to be default 100% until i just tap it once, and all is well. Could probably be fixed with a firmware update

11. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

My only gripe with fanatec is their firmware. I've got a gtr3 wheel and csp and I love the pedals and the wheel is between good and great.

12. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

@BasJon...Did you check all of the set-screws at the base of the pedal pads for security? They can sometimes come loose.
    If you don't slightly tap the pedals when selecting RACE to actually go on track, the throttle will be wide open when the car actually gets loaded. I found that out from another CSP user.
    Did they update the firmware install tool to allow any other OS than WinXP yet?
    I had to load XP on an old laptop to do the update to my CSP. Fanatec does not guarantee any other OS will work. Very strange choice...since Vista, Win7 and now soon to be released Win8, have all gone afterward.

13. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

That's actually an issue with most controllers I have ever had. They often need a wake-up input. It's most common if you haven't used any app that uses the wheel since you last restarted. I actually believe it's a Windows issue...

14. PJ Dunham

PJ Dunham Registered

I too have same problem with my clubsports, i just got rF1 today ( late i know) got it all working got some mods 88 and 91F1 set my phone app plugin up set admin in the exe droppin the Fanatec plugin in and works ok but for the throttle pedal i lose a 3rd travel before i get gas, now its not my setup as works perfect in rF2, iracing and on xbox titles ( GT2 btw) so how can i fix the missing play in the gas pedal??? its very werid.. only with rF1

15. Kiro

Kiro Registered

16. PJ Dunham

PJ Dunham Registered

no help there but thanks kiro

17. Kiro

Kiro Registered

ya it addresses SOME problems but, I don't have those so, I didn't read ALL the posts.

18. cloudXXI

cloudXXI Registered

Me too, I thought I was the only one.

19. BasJon

BasJon Registered

just to add I posted wrong mine are the GT3 version V2 and since using dxtweak the problems of the throttle are good now its just my brake now sometimes during a race I notice that the brake is on only a little but boy it slows you down, through a whole lap the only way I have managed to stop this for now is adjusting the min and max settings in the game controller so the first 1/6 of movement does nothing :(

20. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

It should be like that with every game you load. As Tim had mentioned before it's a Windows problem. Just touch the clutch or whatever when the track loads.