1960s World Class Racing + All Tracks [vMod]

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by Mauro, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

Mauro, are you planning to add Fuji in the mod?

2. Mauro

Mauro Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2012
  3. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

Ok, thanks. :)

4. rer8

rer8 Registered

A friend of mine spent the last several months working out of country and did not have the opportunity to keep rF2 up to date. Obviously, he did the "Mod" update first which was easy. Getting into an online game with all of the tracks and vmods was another thing. After almost 4 days (about 20 hours of searching) of attempting to get the game pieces together I came up with an idea that worked for him. I packaged up my packages folder in a couple of rar files and dropped them one at a time in my Skype dialogue box and about 30 minutes later we were on track, able to join and race together online.

There are three (3) reasons that I am sharing this information.
    1. It is very difficult to chase down the vmods, tracks, and cars to get the game to run properly.
    2. The rar/Skype answer turned out to be a fast and easy way to get the game up and running.
    3. At present there is no clear way to tell from the mod ID what the maker of a track, car, or vmod named the source file.

No rant... just some information for folks who just want to race online without having to spend weeks looking for answers.

5. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

Mugello is available now, in beta version.

I guess, but i might be wrong, Croft will be released after a game update, with better shaders etc, so Fuji and Mugello might be a nice addition. :)

6. Bryan Birtwell

Bryan Birtwell Registered

Howdy,

I run the F3's@???=Fun! The original server... as well as the commercial one that is not the original...

I would love to run this mod on a commercial server. However, two companies Hostile Contact and Game Hosting can't get the mod installed.

Is there going to be a better way to install mods like this one onto a commercial server?

And I'll ask the question here, because neither company seems to want to answer it. How come they don't just let you access the GUI of the game?

I'm extremely frustrated... I've spent no fewer than 100 hours of my time to get one of these commercial servers doing what I want them to do. It took me less than an hour to get "F3's@???=Fun! The Original" up and running.

IsI, please help me!

One server I'm paying for Game Hosting is loaning me a server for one week to see if I/they can get this mod to work on it.

Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

Bryan

7. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Bryan, take it to main forum, only way to get attention really imho.

8. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I can't get this mod to work. I made a clean install and started to install the mods, but when trying to install the "Sears Point + Meganes" mod it won't show up in mod manager? When i put the mod it self (1960 world class racing + all tracks) in the packages folder, the mod manager says it's unable to install it! :(

9. Mauro

Mauro Registered

in manage mods right click on "1960's world class racing + all tracks"/properties/advance info
    here you can see what are the problem or missing contents.

[​IMG]

10. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Hello :) this is how it looks:

[​IMG]

Mod manager says it's installed, but in "advanced info" it says nothing is installed :( not even the tracks I've been driving at 2 minutes ago. But as I said in my first post, the Sears Point + meganes-mod is in the packages folder but do not show up in mod manager, as you can see in the picture. No idea what I've done wrong?

11. MJP

MJP Registered

I don't think the 'advanced info' works as it should, if you've a mod that's unable to install the advanced info tab claims none of the components are installed even when you know for a fact that some/most of them are!

What you need is to uncheck the 'show mods only' in modmanager so you can see if you have all the required components.

Also the Megane @Sears mod requires the base (v1.0) + v1.1 + v1.2 + v1.3 updates to be installed. It's no good just getting the v1.3 update.

12. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Oh, then we have found 1 problem, because I just installed the v.1.3 :rolleyes: I'll make a new try tomorrow. Now, time to work!

13. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Just want to say this mod works perfect now when I installed all versions of the megane sears point mod :) Thanks!

14. Bryan Birtwell

Bryan Birtwell Registered

Cool beans!!! I'll be looking forward to seeing you in the "F3 Fanatics (F3s@???=FUN!)" server!

Just remember if you run any other mod, on or off line, you'll have to go into Single Player and reselect this mod to avoid a mismatch error.

Bryan

15. jv27

jv27 Registered

Anyone having trouble updating this after the 85 update? I have all the correct versions of tracks and mods on a clean install (including mod updates) and I am unable to select Install.

16. Mauro

Mauro Registered

i have uninstall all the VMod with the new Build 85.

this night or tomorrow i will release a new version of the 1960s World Class Racing + All Tracks [vMod]

17. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

Thanks. :)

Hope possible to have again Sears Point, but i have problems installing Megane_at_SearsPointRW, and dont know if better it is a my local issue (but no luck with your updated virtual mod) or a common one (but no Sears in the next mod version).

For me it is a no no situation. :)

18. Mauro

Mauro Registered

(First post updated)

1960s World Class Racing All Tracks [vMod]

[​IMG]

To use all tracks online with F1 1960s.

1960s World Class Racing All Tracks v0.71[vMod] Download
    Mirror (no registration required): Alternative Download

N.B. In Mod Manager uninstall and delete previous version "1960s World Class Racing + All Tracks v0.7"

Before entering in a vMod server, select offline the vMod (or you can have a mismatch error). it's a rF2 bug

Required Content:

ISI Official Mods
    - 1960s World Class Racing v1.0
    - Renault Megane Trophy v1.1
    - Formula Renault 3.5 v1.2
    - GT World Endurance 1.1
    - ISI Formula Master 1.0

Addon Tracks:
    - Mid Ohio v1.90 DownloadAlternative Download
    - Snetterton 300 v0.71 DownloadAlternative Download
    - Putnam Park v0.2 DownloadAlternative Download
    - Fuji Speedway 2012 v1.0 DownloadAlternative Download