Game crashes or runtime error

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Sergey Yashin, Mar 15, 2012.

1. MJP

MJP Registered

Sounds like your settings could be too high, try enabling the GPU/Physics graph (CTRL+C), it should appear just below the FPS counter (CTRL+F). The green bar is for the [G]raphics, the purple bar for the [P]hysics. Below is a pic of 3 different states :-

[​IMG]

A - GPU not overloaded, the single green spike shows a consistent frametime. The purple physics bar and spikes show that the computer is handling things fine. This should result in a good racing experience.

B - GPU being heavily loaded, the multiple green spikes show inconsistent frametimes. Notice how the purple physics bar has grown and the corresponding spikes, the computer is struggling quite a bit now, FPS well down too. This should result in a less than smooth racing experience.

C - Both GPU and Physics heavily loaded. Notice the physics bar is fully right and the corresponding spike is too. The computer is on the edge or has dropped out of 'realtime'. You'll notice other cars lagging and you'll probably find your car subject to slow motion effects.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2012
  2. vittorio

vittorio Registered

I had same problem since the start of the beta and tried alot, but one change finally fixed this for me: i did a change from Windows 7 32bit to Windows 7 64bit!

Some infos maybe helpful for the devs:
    Things i tried that did not help: Reinstalling rfactor2, reinstalling Win 7 32bit, tested alot different settings in rfactor2 with no success. With to much cars in singleplayer and multiplayer in build 49 i always got a runtime error (crash), in build 60 and 69 i got no crash (or seldom) but FPS gone down to something like 0.5 - 1.

3. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

The new build CTD's on me. rFactor2 has been stable up until this release. I've tried it with no add-ons, no plugins and reset the .PLR file and everything. Doesn't matter. If I race long enough (usually 20-40 mins) it will crash to desktop. No errors, no nothin'. I haven't seen this offline, only online. Doesn't matter the car or the mod.

Only build 69.