The second update - Build 68

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Mar 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vien1

Vien1 Registered

But I can't understand how tire temperatures can increase from 94 °C to 270 °C in 2 seconds and decrease about same speed..

2. GaryL

GaryL Registered

Everything installed and works fine, but its the same old story for me with very poor overall game performance, its always been this stuttery and jerky mess since first install and has been consistently bad across both updates, oh well rF2 beta goes back on the shelf for another month and see if my lucky update numbers come in next time.....

3. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

There are some tweaks you can do to make it run better. I know its a pain but can be done to maximize the experience. Dont give up yet.

4. francotopa

francotopa Registered

well, thats it for me.
    i dont enjoy this, its not playable, im tired of the things like the blue sun of the megane, and now the stutters and fps drop again.
    i wont ask for the refound, and i trust on this game. but i cant try anything that works this bad, sorry. as i said, i dont enjoy it.
    i hope the final release can fill the expectations i had for rf2 , because, honestly, i expected a lot more in this sim compared to what it gives to me right now.
    i have tons of rf1 mods that look way better than the mods we have on rf2.
    good luck isi team!

5. poket roket

poket roket Registered

Everything worked fine for me with this build. Thanks ISI.

6. fideco

fideco Registered

Can any ATI user confirm whether there is a significant FPS drop using the new build?
    Shadow issues (real frame killer) have been addressed?

Giorgio

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2012
  7. Brian Clancy

Brian Clancy Registered

Mixed bag for me, love the new GT cars, but the game has gone from being rock solid reliable to a bit twitchy! I have had 4-5 crashes with the GT's so far, game just black screens and freezes, most noticeable in PalmBeach and Mills so far. I run a fairly high end water cooled PC, up till now I was getting 100+ FPS everywhere (Even Mills) in eyefinity, but its dropped to around 60 FPS now... and yes I am an ATI user (XFX HD 6970)

8. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

"Plugins have a crashing issue. We have posted an updated interface which plugin builders will have to use and should fix crashes. If rF2 is crashing, disable plugins until they are updated or until we fix the crash issue elsewhere."

Added to first post.

9. KittX

KittX Registered

Better smooth-wise for me, funny thing that it shows 70 fps but runs like 120-130 fps in rf1 now. Still have some stuttering at Spa, but its more driveable now.

No freezing issues so far, but have an issue with headlights (already posted by other guys before), seems there is problem with alpha channel/shaders of headlight's glass cover, they are white and opaque.

Loving the new cars and new track, there are some ducks in the pond :p

Still having a problem with monitor calibration via video driver, seems it just don't work.
    Maybe there is some way to add bightness/contrast/gamma controls inside the game settings?
    Well, only if that won't take away some fps of course.

10. dragon

dragon Registered

I have every time when i was driving just a instalation lap the program freezing and crashing ;/ My spec computer in my profil

11. 88mphTim

For all freezing issues, try disabling plugins.

12. Christopher Snow

Christopher Snow Registered

I have this same situation/issue now as well*.

[* Except I cannot confirm #4 ^ as I have not yet tried it]

No--I'm not yet "bug reporting" it officially (so please don't start hollering about how I'm in the wrong forum or not paying attention)--if I'm doing something obviously wrong and you think you can help, then I appreciate your input or ideas. It would be nice to be able to report the conflict and a possible solution both.

At the moment:

When I run the launcher and click "mod manager" it reports all my previously installed mods are still installed.

When I run mod manager directly from the CORE folder, however, it reports none are now installed.

I can't connect to any servers because the racelist reports none of my mods are installed.

I DID just try re-installing one mod again by running mod manager from within the CORE folder (the 60's cars) and it appeared to run through the normal procedure--the progress bars all did their thing--and at the end that one mod was listed as installed...

...and when I restart mod-manager directly from the CORE it still does show the 60's cars as installed (so mod-manager, accessed directly this way is able to find whatever new record it just made of the re-installation...)

...but the 60's mod still shows uninstalled and unusable when trying to connect to servers via the racelist.

Yes, obviously this should be "bug reported"...

...but in the meantime if anyone has any other obvious suggestions about how I might recover this now-completely-broken install, I would appreciate hearing them too.

CS

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2012
  13. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Same issues here;

Can't connect to any servers due "mods not installed"...

Generic FPS loss on every situation...(about 20Fps less if compared to previous build 60)..

Various artifacts on cars on HDR...

14. FraG

FraG Registered

Cant join any server unless its running new GT mod.... All I have changed is update to new build and installed the GT mod.... I find it incredible that this kind of thing can happen with a new build release/Mod. You have so many people at your disposal for testing, why on earth do you not check the validity of new updates before release. Management.

15. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

Ehh...isn't that exactly what we are doing? LOL - you just tested a connection to a server, LMAO!

16. 88mphTim

All the connection issues, etc, have been found and will be issued a fix. Not sure when yet...

The vertical black lines is strange. You don't have any plugins overlaying, or anything which would be overlaying the rf2 output?

17. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

In multiplayer ALT + TAB bug is back.

No plugins instaled, standard setup in all *.ini / PLR files.

18. FraG

FraG Registered

Eh? I tested a connection to a server? Sorry lost me

19. FraG

FraG Registered

Thanks for the fast reply Tim. This is a very unfortunate situation... and no doubt unexpected? It seems to me like you have your hands full Tim. I would just like to add I was a full time professional games tester in the past for Sensible software on major no1 game titles.
    Would be happy to help in this respect...

20. D!2T

D!2T Registered

There always has been a simple fix to this problem if stuck on desktop after "alt + tab"....

To get "back to game" open task manager, in "applications" tab, right click "rfactor 2" and select "switch to", if doesn't work straight away, click the taskbar "rfactor 2", done!

Is this now the bug reporting part of the forum?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.