Servers Empty, New Content may help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sean_S36, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Sean_S36

Sean_S36 Registered

The servers are like a ghost town atm. Will new content help increase the population?

2. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

I think we need to get a online without collision bugs and clean net code to get more drivers online.
    It was the force of rF1, now if rF2 has not at least the same quality net code and colision code, it's the dead of rF2.

The link between track and cars to make mods is also a limitation that's ISI need to resolve to allow online to be easier to play.

3. Joshua Healy

Joshua Healy Registered

Well the Nissan from the GT World Endurance mod is in online testing at the moment so we know for sure that new content is coming eventually :)

4. Nils

Nils Registered

have a look there:

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/1579-Test-Version

just to point out that this is still a Modders test version. A lot of people think that rFactor2 is released and they can just use it like rFactor1. Complaining about tire temperatures, extreme grip buildup and so on, without reading what this beta release is all about....

5. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Very subtle lol :p

6. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

This. New content will not fix online issues.

7. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

For sure yes, because not it's not a pleasure to race online with bad behaviour in collisions.
    And rFactor 1 was good, and rFactor 2 not at this time. So on our side, no one drive online waiting a clean netcode/collision, so if everyone have same behaviour, so no people online.

8. nuggetz

nuggetz Registered

I think online is overrated. I'll take good AI any day.

9. Sean_S36

Sean_S36 Registered

Thank you for your explanation , wasn't aware it was a serious issue and it may explain why isi is working hard to fix it , patience yo.

10. coops

coops Banned

its a BETA more content will follow but for the most of it i thought the beta was a time for modders to understand the way rf2 works & drivers will pick up on some faults in the game ..... so the community will be able to have as much content as ISI or more when full release comes out..... more cars more tracks would be nice.... ISI is more worried about getting things right for full release than worried about giving US content as most of it will come from the community not ISI as we know...sit back enjoy what you have you will get more.... comment on the bugs you find not how many tracks and cars we have.

11. Spacekid

Spacekid Registered

The team is working hard to get it´s best out of the engine. The beta period is for modders to get started with the new package system and the engine. They are working really hard, trust me.

12. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

I don't think it's just a case of more content. Sure it would help but we need to be able the USE that content as well! To this GT Series. When it is released it'll be packed with either a new track or a existing one. But like the mods we have this new one will only work on those tracks ISI decide to assign to it. The choice is NOT yours to make.

Any new content may get the servers being used again but it would be short lived as people would have their fill of the limited tracks available.

Right now we have 8 tracks that are ISI content and 3 public releases. The mods have access to 3-4 layouts each. Any new content will also be limited by this ModID system.

Unless there's a massive rethink on how the use and implement of car and track mods the servers are going to remain as they are now.

As most of us are veterans of PC racing games and have learn't over time now to work with the files structures and find ways on how to work around things.

As a NEW comer to PC racing from console or just new the world of online racing this game would be the last choice.

It's all great to have all the new features rF2 has once you've got onto the track. The trouble is the chess moves and Russian roulette we have to play before we get there. I didn't buy rF2 and play either Chess or Roulette! I bought it to go racing and help build it. Neither is fun. Both are full of issues and frustration.

It's a BETA. So now is the time to make it BETTER!

13. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

I've never questioned their hard work. I know that they are hard at work. The question was asked if it was lack of content and that is not the problem causing low numbers online. I'm having plenty of fun with rF2 offline. :D There is plenty of content for me at the moment.

I'm positive the netcode issues will get worked out and also many others.

Kudos to ISI for rF2! Keep up the good work fellas and gals if there are any of those. :p

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2012
  14. gotBurner

gotBurner Registered

Online is DEAD. Part of it for me is, the cars and tracks that come with the BETA do not excite me. I went and raced with it for a few weeks on and off, but I was never a fan of the megane, and never played the renault, it doesnt excite me to want to drive it, so at this point, Ive tested it, Ive gone online, Ive setup a server, at this point, I'm bored. Waiting on more in the future, but right now, bored.

15. ORA-Quasi

ORA-Quasi Registered

It's quiet online, as far as RF2 is concerned, yes. However, there are still plenty of us using it online in between the great racing still available in RF1, until RF2 is actually released and more content is available.

You can't be that bored, you've posted quite a bit in these forums today (and so far I haven't seen you post anything positive).

16. Dany Mitchel

Dany Mitchel Registered

Guys it is still beta I know loads of players that will buy it but when it is released they are happy playing rf1 until rf2 is fix and sorted out
    at this moment in time the state of players in server is neither here nor there as the game has not been officially released most players now are Modders and hard core players that have got to have the latest( I am in that bracket)

17. gotBurner

gotBurner Registered

Well, I do not intend on being negative. Might have been a long night when I posted. I'm all about peace, love, and tolerance. However, I can no longer play rF1 after, well experiencing other software, rF1 for me anyway is a step backwards and none of my friends are using it anymore. Only hope now is for rF2 to bring back the old crew.

Believe me, I understand BETA, but I would love to BETA some new cars and tracks, like most others.

Take care!