Nissan GTR & 370z

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by matt2507, Mar 1, 2012.

1. tjc

tjc Registered

Your welcome YoLolo69, I hope you find changes you like. :)

2. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

You won't be sorry although I'd set mistakes to zero.

On another note, is there anything that can be done to reduce blown engines and car fires? I get a lot of these. It especially stinks when I am just on the edge of being able to catch the leader before the end of the race and then his engine blows. That blows!

3. tjc

tjc Registered

Imo (as I`ve said) a setting of 0.02000 for mistakes works fine...

4. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

So does zero

5. tjc

tjc Registered

As long as you want no mistakes, yes it does.

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Ok a bit of testing and I can recreate the AI Skips making mistakes (AI Mistakes = 0.0) at Putnam although its the same two AI everytime and at the same corner, which leads me to believe there maybe something in the AIW that causes them to go or a combination of their Talent but yet to dive into that.

Using LRP (Skips) I set Mistakes to 0.2 and the "sudden sharp turn off the track" syndrome reared its ugly head, thats certainly "intentional" as they are deliberatley making that mistake.

Setting to 0.0 and they tend to "spin" out more when getting off the racing line, more of a "natural" mistake. Same went with the 370z, they tend to roll more off the curbs but again they do make mistakes albeit "Natural/human" style, again setting this to 0.2 and the turned off shaprish into the barrier happened.
    Lock ups were generally when they dived up the inside and took a tighter line into a corer alongside or very nearvby another AI.

I certainly think there's a fine line with the setting and for me, now seeing it closely, I'm gonna leave it at 0.0 as that seems to be that they make "natural/human" mistakes...and that's what I'm after personally.

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2013
  7. tjc

tjc Registered

Well I have to say I find that strange as I have that value at 0.02000 and in my experience that makes the AI behave more normally regarding mistakes... they seem to do small mistakes like the ones youv`e mentioned Marc, the spins the rolling off the curbs...

I don`t doubt what you say, obviously but it`s very different to what I`ve seen with those values in that line.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the other values being edited too?

The smoothness and the limiter...

And maybe what strength the AI are set too... could these values change things for different users I wonder?

8. deak1944

deak1944 Guest

0.02000 ..... Mistakes to 0.2

9. MarcG

MarcG Registered

It could be anything, theres so many variables to go into that you'd need a whole weekend to evaluate all the different settings, including Mods and Tracks....and I dont have that much time :p
    Just like rF1 you need to spend a lot of time tweaking the settings for each individual track/mod if you want the AI as good as you can get it. Which for V8Factor I did, I spent hours getting the AI right for each track in the Championship but it was worth it in the end!

You can have good AI racing with default values "out the box" so to speak and I know that for me theres a few combinations that work well and thats what I tend to stick too.

Also the way ISI are in "constant development" with RF2 and the fact that AI changes could happen every Build it could render specific investigation a complete waste of time, as we have no idea what changes could come in the next Build. You could spend hours tweaking it only for the next Build to break something, in that case its probably best to either make do with the basics for now and worry about hardcore tweaking in 5 years when the Builds stop coming ;)

10. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

ISI ruined the 370z................good job, good effort:mad:!

11. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

It's fine. Very fun car. What are you talking about?

12. MarcG

MarcG Registered

seems perfectly fine to me, personally enjoying the changes made, makes it more of a racing car to me.....hard to explain but just better than before I think...and thats all that matters!

13. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

One thing that can be done to make these more of an endurance car is to lengthen the pit stops. Once it becomes faster to watch the tires and not pit that's the best way to run the The race. As it is now its fastest to lot early and often.

14. Matt Sentell

Matt Sentell Registered

That seems to vary by driver though. I don't need to stop if I'm running the same times 50 minutes in that I was running at the start.

15. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Maybe I became a bad driver, but in Med-Ohio my best time was 1'22,5 after this update I cant do 1'26! I have tried 2432 setups but the car with this update sucks big time!
    The same in any track that I tried!
    I dont understand why a little update should change the behaviour of tha car! now for me I feel that I'm driving the C6 rather than the light 370z!
    Before it was very maneuverable and lighter , but now it changed! I lost all the feeling with this car!
    They wrote in the change log that have updated the tire model of the 370z with that of C6 and in fact they did!

16. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Tyre model is now up to date it doesn't mean that they used tyres from C6 ;). LOL

I don't think this car has become that much slower. Last time it was on rails. The easiest car of them all maybe. However even if the car has become slower, it has become slower for everyone, not just you.

"I dont understand why a little update should change the behaviour of tha car! " Well because changing tyre model isn't little update. Those 4 round black things are the only thing that connects the car to the road so changing that ACTUALY has to change car behaviour, you know. Tyres are everything.

You lost feeling of the car? It's quite the opposite for me. Previously you only could feel constant grip, nothing more. Now you feel the car's dynamics so you actualy feel more.

Car which is on rails (which 370z was before the update) isn't really more enjoyable or fun (and what's even more important, close to reality). Racing cars, no matter how advanced they are, are constantly moving around, they aren't steady. If you are very far away from the limit, all of them are veeeery easy to drive. Once you are near the limit all the racing cars are always twitchy. You are constantly tweaking pedal input, steering input.

GTClub_wajdi your problem can be easy to pinpoint in my opinion. You are trying too hard. You know that you could do 1:22:5 and you just can't cope with the idea of posting 1:26' because you knew that you used to be faster around there. Stop it. It is updated 370z, everyone has it now. It's the same for everyone. Stop trying so hard to match this time that you posted with the old one and start practicing with the new one and try to get the best out of it. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2013
  17. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

18. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

So does 370z and other cars from rf2. :) Have you ever tried driving around on some circuit with a racing car? Driving it really fast? It is close to dancing. The feeling of grip is there because you can feel it with your senses, with your butt, and you react instinctively to those signals. But the car on the limit is moving around all the time underneath you. You feel very much in control if you know what you are doing. It's very natural. In the sim you just don't feel it so you rely on your ears, eyes and feedback from the steering wheel. That's why sometimes cars can feel like on ice or unpredictable.

19. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Exactly

20. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Now your staring to get it...