Nissan GTR & 370z

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by matt2507, Mar 1, 2012.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

No, I said that as far as I knew none were licensed. VERY different to what you said. :)

It's possible one which is licensed is FWD and I don't know it, such as the Clio?

2. 88mphTim

GT1 first, but that same car also ran in other configs which we may tackle later.

3. patryksok.

patryksok. Registered

Remember GT3 GTR have V6TT engine instead V8 GT1 monster ;) :p

4. FOG>Daheee

FOG>Daheee Registered

Yup Clio is FWD for sure.

5. BasJon

BasJon Registered

Remember the fun we had Daheee in the super clios in rF1 oh lets hope its even better :)

6. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Street config street config street config street config street config...

Did I mention I would like to see the Nissan GT-R in a street config? =)

7. addyduss

addyduss Registered

+1

8. patryksok.

patryksok. Registered

If you want model a really good street GTR then diff simulation and AWD simulation need improvments, some 4wheel steering will be good too ;)

9. ProTraX

ProTraX Registered

Why no Streetcars??

10. 88mphTim

Generally they ask more and demand more limitations for street cars. For example, they might not even want damage to be on for their street cars.

11. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

And that's what I completly don't understand. They want their cars to be indestructible... but combined with many current racing games beeing called "simulators" and how people belive nowadays, that passive and active safety can do miracles... well, you can't cheat real world physics!
    If cars in racing games could be damaged to similar degree like in real world, maybe more people would think about why they should not drive fast on public roads and feel more respect to fast cars?

12. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

+1

13. 88mphTim

I don't think race simulators do too much damage as they are on a closed circuit most of the time. But take a title like Burnout, where you race on roads, past innocent traffic, and even get rewarded for how dangerously you drive. When trying to license things, they see no difference in most cases between Burnout and rFactor. It's an interesting debate though, as one can argue what affect racing games have on how people really drive... But you need to separate those which have you on race tracks, and those that glorify the crashing, and reward you for crashing innocent people.

14. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

If it's not clear whar it's all about, then it's all about money :)
    The image of product affects sales more than the actual quality of product. That's why most eggs in our country are "Class A" (which doesn't mean a thing actually :) ).

By the way - it just reminded me of this commercial:

On the other hand - I wonder when car manufacturers will come up with the idea of demanding from game developers, that their cars should have more horsepower and grip than thay actually have, so they will keep beating other cars in the game :)

And to be back on topic - I can't wait for Nissan :)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2012
  15. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

I can respect that. Modders however don't have problems like that.

In that vein, do you have any idea if it's in any way, shape or form possible to implement the sort of active AWD system found in many of the modern high performance street cars? It would give modders a chance to try and make more accurate street cars, not to mention that some racing leagues (like Super Taikyu) allow systems like Active Yaw Control.

16. Grotesk

Grotesk Registered

I also want the nissan...in the past i always played GTR Evolution. The cars that we have now in Rf2 are not the cars that i drive noramaly in racing sims. So it will be very interesting how this nissan feels.

I`m sure that they are chaning at the moment a lot of things on this car because i get the information before 3 weeks that it only will take a few days to test the nissan.

I`m now 5 days in london and i hope when I`m back the nissan is playable. Tim have you understand this? ;)

17. magicfr

magicfr Registered

Well, not so true anymore, now they know having their car in a game is great for them.
    So now we can damage the car :) Still they don't want them to take fire, and roll on roof too easyly :)
    At least you can break bumper and deformed the body, it's ok for most of the brand. ;)

18. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Why would anyone want a street car in a RACING game? If I want a street car, I'll hop in my car and ride the streets. Wait for a mod for that useless stuff. Please, ISI, make RACE cars.

19. FONismo

FONismo Registered

You read my mind. Exacty my thoughts. I thought that was what Forza and GT games were for.

20. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Because not everyone can afford some street cars (sports cars mostly) so the only way to drive them, is within racing sim. Also, some people use racing sim as a sort of a training tool before they go to a track day.

Yup, games (very good, some say)... not sims :) Oh, and you can't play Forza or GT on a PC.