2 Server on Root

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by DerKutscher, Feb 26, 2012.

1. DerKutscher

DerKutscher Registered

Hello

I have installed on my root server Rfactor2! I then pressed on and made ​​a host server is online. But I would have a 2nd . start When I press again to host I can create a new one with a new name. Is also started. But it will appear online in the list but only one server. What am I doing wrong?

greeting

DerKutscher

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2012
  2. Tripp

Tripp Registered

when host 2 servers you must add 2 users and copy dedicated server so you have 2 exe then start server 1 use server one user same with server 2 but then open multiplayer ini file edit in server 2 this files then edit

WAN Query Port="44297" // range is 1025 - 65535
    WAN Join Port="54297" // range is 1025 - 65535
    LAN Query Port="44297" // range is 1025 - 65535
    LAN Join Port="54297" // range is 1025 - 65535
    edit last port !! from 297 to 298 wanna host 3 servers 299 and so on now all servers can you see in the lobbylist in rf2 GL

3. DerKutscher

DerKutscher Registered

Thanks very much! It works perfect.

Der Kutscher

4. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl Registered

Anyone knows if there will be port range feature, instead of 1 single port? I really do not want to make 3 or 4 installs, to host a multi divisional league......

5. Jeremy Miller

Jeremy Miller Former ISI Senior Programmer

Each server instance should have its own install to be 100% stable. result files, logs and everything else specific to single server instance cannot share data another instance and have ownership issues.

6. 10speed

10speed Registered

Just to clarify things, does "own install" also mean another dedicated-server.exe for each server instance (what Tlipp wrote)? Because so far for rfactor all we did was create separate profiles for each server instance using different ports. Then result files and logs are always stored in the related profile-folder and the only folder all server instances use together is for the replays. However this has never been an problem for us, everything has been 100% stable. But with rfactor2 the server instances loose lobby connection almost randomly. Sometimes it seems fine for 2-3 days, but then again it happens several times within a few hours. Also not necessarily all server instances are affected. Each server instance is assigned to its own cpu core so cpu load is almost 0-1% with less than 10 players. There's also plenty of free RAM and a stable 100 mbit/s connection. I suppose the problem is somehow related to the lobby server.

7. Jeremy Miller

Jeremy Miller Former ISI Senior Programmer

If you are careful that can work as well.

8. DerKutscher

DerKutscher Registered

Hello

Be the update, I have a problem. I have 2 servers running on the root. I copied profile. I have the port at the 2nd in the ini Profile edited as described here. Before the update it was great. If I start the server after the update, I can only join the first server. At the 2nd I can press join server but I can not join! One knows the problem? Is there a solution?

greeting

DerKutscher

PS.: You can see, test! Server name 1. Spielwiese( can join), server 2 2.Spielwiese (cant join)

Lets runs!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2012
  9. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I ran into the same problem after that update- I could serve up 2 or 3 servers with no problems and join them all, then after the update I could only join one. I'm not going to install rf2 again, so I'm just going to run one server only.

10. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl Registered

Check your multiplayer.ini file to see if it has been overwritten.

I am using 2 servers, with both multiple installs, which all still work fine after the update. All instances are joinable. If you can't join, I suspect there is a port issue. I do assume you updated ALL the instances seperately.