BMW F1 2008 SE release

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by michael1, Feb 24, 2012.

1. michael1

michael1 Banned

actions?
    There is many versions as there is of rf2 when they update i have 2. we had 1 bmw for build69 and again for build 85 if you cant drive it then its not for you and all mods for me in rf2 are very hard to drive.

maybe if you list the bugs i can get positive feedback then i make it better, but i just get very bad abuse of alot of people for no reason but that i started modding this is strange as it only happens to me when i am near rfactor but if i join a mod group and took a year to finish i would be fine.

2. Flaux

Flaux Registered

What about the mapping of the model. I don't see shadows on the car only under the car. I also doesn't see any specular mapping. The rims have a strange blue behind their spokes. Don't think I have seen this on the real car. Sounds are okay. Mod-Packaging is okay too. Setup maybe aswell, missing some track-time to give a better feedback (more frontwing maybe). Didn't use kers or flaps or whatever for now.

3. ADUBZ

ADUBZ Registered

Ok Mike I'm gonna be straight up with you, please don't take offense to what I'm about to say.

Firstly the way you went about starting the mod was totally wrong, did you sought after permission from ISI and MAK-Corp? Then denied permission from one because it was already being done but still decided to do it anyway. Me of all people have made this mistake and sometimes we f**k up but we learn from our mistakes and move on, so best advice I can give you is to stop while you're ahead.

Secondly the quality of the mod, the model is great but the way you set it in-game is not very good. You must use Spec/Bump/Alpha for as much as you can (except stuff you don't need them) also try playing around with the blending %, bias and specular shading settings in the Max plugin, you can actually make it look real good epically with the real-time track reflection. Sounds are direct rip from rF1 so can't comment there, packaging is pretty straight forward but would be best as a complete rFMod. Physics on the other hand are different, driving them felt similar to rF1 but the car feels different. I hope you made adjustments to the physics to cater for rF2, that's all I can say in that department as Physics aren't my forte.

Other than that just keep trying, the more you try the better you get. Just go the right way about it :)

1 person likes this.
  4. michael1

michael1 Banned

Thanks for the info did u try the latest rfmod it is only 1 now for build 85 and if you are on about the 1st version in lots of parts that was very bad.

5. ADUBZ

ADUBZ Registered

Yeah I saw you managed to get it packaged, I still found a lot of problems. Wait till I've finished with the F1 2008 mod then you'll see how is properly done, its taken a while and still a while off but I want to get the best out of rF2. You know the saying practice makes perfect? Well trial and error also helps alot.

6. michael1

michael1 Banned

Yes i hope to be building my own 3d cars soon, now i can get them into the sim what i could never do on rf1. it is what i used this mod for practice and somewere to start.It is a shame i peed so many people of with it but i had to start somewere i have sent petros a message on facebook trying to tell him this but with no reply :( .

I can't wait for MMG 2008 its going to be amazing.

7. ADUBZ

ADUBZ Registered

I'll have a talk with Petros, maybe we can work something out :). You have some good skills so pointing you in the right direction will be the right thing to do.

8. michael1

michael1 Banned

Ok thanks :)

9. michael1

michael1 Banned

10. RRobert

RRobert Registered

11. michael1

michael1 Banned

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2012
  12. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

is this as good as the ISI formula masters f1 ?????

13. chappielike2009

chappielike2009 Registered

I am not sure but is a good version downloadable in the server list it has isi physics.

14. Banger

Banger Registered

thankyou

15. johnconner

johnconner Registered

16. Henry Kelsall

Henry Kelsall Registered

Guys, in the latest build of rFactor 2, i have all the required mods installed but it still want let me install it on mod manager, can anyone help me here? Cheers!

17. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

At Mode Manager rightclick on it, choose Advanced properties and see what you are missing.

18. Henry Kelsall

Henry Kelsall Registered

I said i have all the mods installed, just to make sure i did look and i am not missing anything! No idea whats happening here, any ideas?

19. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

maybe you are missing tracks, dont you see anything at Advanced?

20. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

try to install mod ingame if you are not missing anything.