VM LiveView Lite for rFactor & rFactor2

Discussion in 'Plugins' started by Frank Geyer, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Frank Geyer

Frank Geyer Registered

... so Mr. Bill Shake a Spear. Looking forward to your first attempt or as the old master would say: All’s Well That Ends Well ;-)

Thanks & Cheers
    Frank

2. Neuro

Neuro Registered

Thank u very much, it works! :cool:

3. Neuro

Neuro Registered

Hi Frank!

I just made two little improvements in your system, for our league, but you or somebody else might also want to use it. :)
    To the hotlaps.php I added two lines (263-264):

if($row["TimedLaps"] < 50){$trClass = "'bg2'";}
    if($row["LapTime"] > $absBestLap * 1.07) {$trClass = "'bg3'";}

As you see, the 1st highlights rows with less then 50 timed laps (if there is any mandatory lap count in a league before races), the 2nd highlights them if someone has no 107% time compared to the 1st time. And of course, I added bg3 style to the css, with different color than bg2 has.

Cheers
    N

4. Frank Geyer

Frank Geyer Registered

Hi Neuro,

... can make sense. Thanks for your input! :)

Cheers
    Frank

5. LCCMarc

LCCMarc Registered

Hi Neuro,
    How do I add these two lines?

6. Neuro

Neuro Registered

Hi! I just inserted them (exactly the way I posted) into the hotlaps.php, after line 262, that contains

if(($hotlapRank % 2) == 0){$trClass = "'bg1'";}

And I made a new style, similar to "bg2" in the styles.css file, but with a name of bg3. Thats all. :)

7. LCCMarc

LCCMarc Registered

A big thank you, it works perfectly.

I also want to ask if it is possible for you to make a plugin that puts priority number of turns and not the best time. In fact it would be to do a long run on the mod Enduracer but this race would test session. One or two plugin existed but I can not find them.

In Session test pilots can connect to all the time, which can leave the server drivers and not all teams complete (it avoids lags)

Thank you in advance and this is a very good travil your part.

Excuse me for my bad english, I use a translator.

8. Frank Geyer

Frank Geyer Registered

Hi Marc,

Don't worry. My French based on a translator would probably be worse ;)

I'll try to guess ... are you thinking about some sort of a RACE in a PRACTICE SESSION?

If so, in 2009 some guys of endurance-rfactor.fr came up with this idea first. Although it was more or less an Alpha-Version, the whole concept for endurance races were pretty promising. Unfortunately the Plugin at whole has never been released to the public nor has been developed any further, as far as I know ... !?!?

But Marcel Offermanns, a team member of Simracing For Holland, has done a more than a decent job (I like to call it excellent) regarding this topic, which has managed its crucial test in last year's sr.org 24h de la Sarthe 2012. During the live stream of this event, the commentator announced that this so called Re-Join-Plugin will be of course released to the public. Every now and then I searched around for a release of this Plugin, but I haven't found it yet - which doesn't mean it hasn't been at all ... !?!?

However because of this every now and then I am working on a Plugin which might be called VMRiPS (VM Race in Practice Session). Due to the fact that I am not even close the Marcel's capabilities in programming, I am still hoping Marcel will release his Plugin sooner or later to the public. If not, and if by time rFactor2 won't provide such a functionality, I'll see what I can do ^^ ...

Cheers
    Frank

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2013
  9. LCCMarc

LCCMarc Registered

Yes Frank, it is a plugin to make race session testing as "race connect or L2RES but as you say, these plugins are not public, therefore, impossible to find. But when I see your work I am long, I say "why not ask him if it was possible to do this kind of plugin? '
    It is also a shame that the two plugins mentioned am not tops in public, a lot of other plugins that I look alot more complex are available to everyone.

In any case, thank you for your answer, and I eagerly await the release of a plugin or similar soft;-)

10. Frank Geyer

Frank Geyer Registered

Hi all,

if one would like to see his language supported in the next release, please download the English template file and refill accordingly.

IANA Internet Country Codes

Cheers
    Frank

Edit: Of course you can do it all afterwards. It suppose to work by detecting your main browser language and load the appropriate language file accordingly.

Attached Files:

• en.rar
      File size:
      740 bytes
      Views:
  11. Frank Geyer

Frank Geyer Registered

Hi Race,

das würde schon gehen. Aber es würden auf jeden Fall schon mal keine Sektorzeiten mit gelistet werden können, da Ken diese soweit ich weiß nicht mit listet. Habe dafür aber leider keine Zeit :( ... sorry !!!

Danke & Gruß
    Frank

12. Frank Geyer

Frank Geyer Registered

Hi Molinaro,

thanx and sorry for being late. In general it suppose to be like just that, but there is an error in the hotlap upcount logic which will be fixed in the next release.

Cheers
    Frank

13. Frank Geyer

Frank Geyer Registered

Hi Val,

according to your picture u are using an outdated loader. Starting with rFactorSL version 2.033 u will find a menu called Main in the left upper corner with an option called Manage Track Data .... In this menu u can select your renamed .aiw file and import the track data for each track. Please keep in mind to only use each component (database, php, loader, plugin) which were shipped (packed) together and so provided as download.

Cheers
    Frank

14. xoa

xoa Registered

Hi Frank, we are doing the Italian translation. :)

15. Frank Geyer

Frank Geyer Registered

Hi xoa,

nice to hear. Just upload the file here in this thread or send me a pm ... :)

Cheers
    Frank

16. xoa

xoa Registered

Here we go. View attachment 6747

17. Frank Geyer

Frank Geyer Registered

Hi xoa,

uploaded your lang file to the dev systems for rF1 & rF2 (see 1st post) ... can u pls cross-check?

Thanx & Cheers
    Frank

18. xoa

xoa Registered

Hi, I can't select Italian as language because the option-box is missing. My browser isn't set to italian as default language.

19. Frank Geyer

Frank Geyer Registered

Hi xoa,

the current implementation doesn't allow to use a drop-down-list in some way when the refresh rate is about 1 second at the monitor, hence the radio buttons. But with the radio buttons u can't barley display all possible languages but maybe u can ask one of your Italian team mates to cross check - would be nice ...

Cheers
    Frank

20. xoa

xoa Registered

I set the browser to Italian, restated it but when selected "Browser" as language it still remains English.